Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 518 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Emma Corrin winning an Emmy playing Princess Diana followed up by Kristen Stewart winning the following Oscar season playing Princess Diana sounds very unlikely. A nomination may be in play though but I want to see reactions from the film first.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Emma Corrin winning an Emmy playing Princess Diana followed up by Kristen Stewart winning the following Oscar season playing Princess Diana sounds very unlikely. A nomination may be in play though but I want to see reactions from the film first.

There is no such rule, though. Stewart can interpret her character differently in a different project and still wow people, etc. Like I said the production around Stewart is very promising to say the least and she has proved herself before, so I don’t see why she couldn’t make sense as a strong contender here (we’ll see about winning, though, I’d be satisfied with only a nom also).

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

you seems to forgot razzie nominated Naomi Watts in Diana.

Directed by a non-factor director, written by a first-time screenwriter…the projects couldn’t be more different.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I think people are seriously underestimating Kristen Stewart here.

She has already proved herself to be very talented

“Very talented” is an over statement. Kristen is a one dimensional actress with hardly any emotion or range. Just because she’s made less mainstream films doesn’t equate to her acting being good or even close to Oscar worthy.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Pablo Larrain just directed a panned Apple show with a high pedigree (Julianne Moore, Clive Owen, Jennifer Jason Leigh). Just because he directed Jackie, it doesn’t mean every project he’s involved in will be some critically acclaimed awards hit. Even that film failed to perform as well as originally thought in spite of having critical raves. c

His movie Ema also should’ve gotten way more international traction than it did. I don’t doubt Spencer can be great, we just don’t know yet if it’ll have a proper exposure all the way to the oscars.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Emma Corrin winning an Emmy playing Princess Diana followed up by Kristen Stewart winning the following Oscar season playing Princess Diana sounds very unlikely.

LithgowEmmy
    OldmanOscad

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Personal opinion on someone’s talent is kinda irrelevant for predictions though, fact is she consistently gets good reviews for her acting and has been very raved going as far as winning a César, NYFCC, NSFC which shows she’s more than capable of getting enough acclaim to be an oscar contender.

Personal opinion is relevant when you’re predicting films & performances that haven’t been seen yet. LOL! Kristen Stewart could win the Nobel Peace Prize and would still be a bad actress. She’s not transformative enough to pull off a role like Princess Diana.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

You talk as if your taste decides anything lol. If she gets raves and the film is good she can easily be a contender, and she’s proved to be capable of delivering raved performances whether you like them or not.

Your taste for bland & bad actresses shouldn’t decide anything either. Kristen has raves for films that don’t require her to portray one of the most beloved & famous figures of all-time LOL. She’s yet to prove any range outside of blank expressions & dull delivery. That’s a fact, whether you like it or not.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

You think Jennifer Hudson is good actress and that Marlon Wayans is a good dramatic actor and could even get nominated. So you clearly doesn’t have the most refined taste out there lmao

We’ll see. I’ll be happy to tag you when she gets personal great reviews as per usual.

I never said either of those things (here’s the Respect thread for reference). Stop lying for GD clout/likes. Kristen Stewart is not a great actress. Deal with it. And if you tag me in anything you’ll immediately be on the ignore list. 🙂

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

You are mad and it shows. Take a breath, it’s not that deep.

Mad about what? LOL! I gave an opinion and you responded. Lying on someone to prove a personal point is just thirsty. Find a seat & meditate because you’re in too deep. Happy 4th.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress’ is closed to new replies.