Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions – Best International Film

Oscars 2022 Predictions – Best International Film

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
winslets
roger88
JV
  • Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

1. Hand of God
    2. The Worst Person in the World
    3. A Hero
    4. Parallel Mothers
    5. The Mad Woman’s Ball

6. Compartment No.6
    7. Flee

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

I seriously feel like Worst Person in the World is winning this. Jochim Trier has been around for a while and this is apparently his best film. Giving me Vinterberg vibes from last year

Vitterberg had some prior films nominated and historically speaking, this category is terrible with happy-go-lucky female driven stories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I seriously feel like Worst Person in the World is winning this. Jochim Trier has been around for a while and this is apparently his best film. Giving me Vinterberg vibes from last year

Vinterberg had an empty field though. Trier is coming up against Almodovar.

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vincent Figueroa
    Topics:

-Vortex(Gaspar Noe- France)   Enter the Void 2009

-Competencia Oficial (Gastón Duprat, Mariano Cohn- Spain)  El Ciudadano Ilustre 2016

-Wheel of Fortune and Fantasy/Guzen to sozo (  Ryūsuke Hamaguchi- Japan)  Doraibu mai kâ/Driver my Car 2021

Ryūsuke Hamaguchi has won with two different films in Berlin and Cannes 2021.I see the Berlinale film having much more potential in the awards campaign basically because of the duration ( two hours against almost three hours)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

If Romania’s submission is the Berlin Winner Bad Luck Banging is submitted it has no chance. It’s far to weird for them. There’s 30 minutes of random scenes in Bucharest, 30 minutes of “A Guide To 2020 Words” where there’s a word and an image/scene on the screen and a final 30 minutes of a teacher who’s made a sex tape defending herself in front of the parents of her students. Great film, but not Oscar material.

Acasa, My Home on the other hand could replicate Collective from what I hear.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

As far as the winner, so far I think it’s between Farhadi and Trier.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Vitterberg had some prior films nominated and historically speaking, this category is terrible with happy-go-lucky female driven stories.

Do we really need a precedent for everything though? It is very well received so it’s a definite possibility.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Arman Saxena
    Topics:

Right now I see this being between Farhadi, Almodovar, and Sorrentino. While Trier’s film will be accessible I think it might be too light to win (someone who’s seen the movie can check me on this). If it was just between A Hero and The Worst Person in the World, I’d think the former has a greater chance at winning as it seems more “serious” and maybe more accessible but if the Almodovar and Sorrentino projects end up being top-tier entries in their respective filmographies then those films would also be in contention. Nevertheless, I am so excited by all the great international cinema this year!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fvg627
    Topics:

Has anyone heard anything about Andrey Zvyagintsev’s film, What Happens? It’s scheduled for 2021 according to imdb. His last two films (Leviathan, Loveless) were amazing and both nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

Do we really need a precedent for everything though? It is very well received so it’s a definite possibility.

Not in a category which has become more predictable for the winner as this one and that’s coming for defined trends.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

Rooting for Kuosmanen and Compartment No. 6 to get in. Finland deserved a nom for The Happiest Day in the Life of Olli Maki back in 2016.

Still celebrating Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

FYC Emmys: The Underground Railroad

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Right now I see this being between Farhadi, Almodovar, and Sorrentino.

Agree at the minute. I think Trier has a pretty good shot but these three seem likelier to be big films that break out of the International race. I think it could be interesting, but usually one dominant film comes through and is in the Picture conversation so it probably won’t be too exciting a race in the end. For now I think those three and Trier are all good bets for this category, but there are so many options just out of Cannes and more coming that nothing is guaranteed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    winslets
    Topics:

Has anyone heard anything about Andrey Zvyagintsev’s film, What Happens? It’s scheduled for 2021 according to imdb. His last two films (Leviathan, Loveless) were amazing and both nominated.

will be filmed in english language

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Annette is in French? How did I not know that until now?

FYC - Oscars 2022:
    NINE DAYS in all categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Winston Duke)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Zazie Beetz)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Benedict Wong)

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Annette is in French? How did I not know that until now?

As far as I know it isn’t, or at least not the majority. I haven’t seen it but I’m pretty certain it can’t be submitted here, plus the entire trailer is in English.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.