Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 10)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 523 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
Stefania
  • Profile picture
    Milagros Conzoni
    Topics:

Belfast;

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Belfast is the most likely winner of both awards, followed by The Power of the Dog and House of Gucci. West Side Story and Don’t Look Up seem like locks, with Licorice Pizza and Nightmare Alley strong possibilities. CODA and Respect are two films that I think might make it in to the lineup as well.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the director’s branch nominated Pedro Almodovar – in recent years at least one foreign language film has been nominated – but I think the more likely nominees are Kenneth Branagh, Jane Campion, Ridley Scott and Steven Spielberg, with Denis Villeneuve a strong potential nominee as well, maybe Guillermo del Toro but I don’t see him as a lock.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Out of everything that has released so far, I think King Richard is winning. I can see it getting lots of 1,2 and 3 on the preferential ballot, as well as getting 2 acting awards and screenplay. I also think it’s going to get that editing nomination.

I think it will be a low tier nominee. Outside of Smith I don’t know what else it could win.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Out of everything that has released so far, I think King Richard is winning. I can see it getting lots of 1,2 and 3 on the preferential ballot, as well as getting 2 acting awards and screenplay. I also think it’s going to get that editing nomination.

I highly doubt King Richard is winning Original Screenplay which is what it would need to win Best Picture. Voters are more likely to gravitate to Belfast in Original Screenplay as they did with Jojo Rabbit in Adapted.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Watched Dune earlier and my favorite thing is the worm  🙂

Ok but seriously, Dune is as great as Blade Runner 2049 (still prefer the latter tho) and those screenplay issues critic mentioned are not that a big deal actually. I had a great time watching this visual masterwork and I need to put Villeneuve back into BD prediction. As for the award prospects, I’ll say screenplay and acting categories are definitely not happening, but BP & BD are still possible. Villeneuve deserves a nom. What’s worrying me is that Dune’s aftertaste might not be strong for Oscars voters since its themes make it feel more like a typical sci-fi adventure film, unlike Gravity or Arrival.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. The Power of The Dog
    2. Belfast
    3. Don’t Look Up
    4. Licorice Pizza
    5. Dune
    6. King Richard
    7. The Tragedy of Macbeth
    8. The Humans
    9. West Side Story
    10.Spencer

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Watched Dune earlier and my favorite thing is the worm 🙂 Ok but seriously, Dune is as great as Blade Runner 2049 (still prefer the latter tho) and those screenplay issues critic mentioned are not that a big deal actually. I had a great time watching this visual masterwork and I need to put Villeneuve back into BD prediction. As for the award prospects, I’ll say screenplay and acting categories are definitely not happening, but BP & BD are still possible. Villeneuve deserves a nom. What’s worrying me is that Dune’s aftertaste might not be strong for Oscars voters since its themes make it feel more like a typical sci-fi adventure film, unlike Gravity or Arrival.

Are the themes of colonialism and environmentalism not prominent enough?

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Picture

1. The Power of the Dog

2. Belfast

3. Nightmare Alley

4. Licorice Pizza

5. Don’t Look Up

6. King Richard

7. Dune

8. The Hand of God

9. The Tragedy of Macbeth

10. House of Gucci

Director

1. Paul Thomas Anderson

2. Jane Campion

3. Guillermo Del Toro

4. Kenneth Branagh

5. Paolo Sorrentino

BP I’m really unsure on below King Richard. Still feels like about a dozen films could get in there. I think Nightmare Alley, Licorice Pizza and Don’t Look Up can make noise and disturb the TPOTD v Belfast race that is taking shape at this point. Of the films that have premiered, they’re the only two I can see winning Picture. I’m still not fully on board with King Richard outside of Smith, it’s only in 6th for a lack of options really.

Director I’m a little more sure of, but still there are half a dozen names I could see taking some of the slots. I’m hedging my bets on a race between PTA and Campion there. I think PTA will take Director whilst Campion and Branagh take the Screenplay prizes.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Are the themes of colonialism and environmentalism not prominent enough?

I remember you’re gonna watch it tomorrow, right? I’ll let you have your own opinion then 🙂

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

I’d argue that both Cold War and Another Round would’ve been nominated for BP under a 10-nominee ballot.

If Beale Street Could Talk, Can You Ever Forgive Me? and Mary Poppins Returns would have battled it out for the remaining slots if there were 10 nominees the year of Cold War.

One Night in Miami, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom and News of the World would have battled it out for the remaining slots if there were 10 nominees the year of Another Round.

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

THE. TRAGEDY. OF. MACBETH. AND. HOUSE. OF. GUCCI. ARE. NOT. HAPPENING.

Profile picture
    Alessandro Leri
    Topics:

Sadly I’m sure Nightmare Alley won’t be nominated at the next Academy Awards.

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

Dune looks to be over performing in the European markets it released in over the weekend.

‘Dune’ Reaps A Heap With $37M From Early Offshore Debut; ‘Shang-Chi’ Tops $320M WW – International Box Office

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/dune-earns-36-m-overseas-debut-1235016124/

When I tell you that I literally predicted that Dune would make $7.6 million in Russia, I’m not joking. I literally don’t have a life other than making movie predictions.

Profile picture
    Alessandro Leri
    Topics:

I see Don’t Look up getting picture, director and screenplay nominations while Nightmare Alley only cinematography and maybe design. I think it will be too weird to get nominated for picture. Why are you predicting Del Toro in while McKay out?

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

People are confident in Del Toro’s movie because his last one got 13 noms and won BP. It also won despite being “weird” too

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 523 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.