Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 10)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 521 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
Stefania
  • Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Some napkin math:

Budget: Officially 165M, which I don’t much doubt, but Hollywood accounting typically tacks on another 10-15%, so ~180M might be more accurate.

Marketing: Guessing ~200M, making for a ~365M bill overall. Marketing tends to typically be nearly double the filming budget

Between domestic and international hauls, theaters tend to claim about 50% of total ticket revenue.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

This is confusing lol.

is 200 Million is their production+marketing budget combined or 200 Million just for Marketing??

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

This is confusing lol. is 200 Million is their production+marketing budget combined or 200 Million just for Marketing??

Filming budget by itself- 165-180 million

Marketing budget by itself- I’d imagine 150-200 Million give or take

At the end of the day, Dune needs to make closer to 350 million just to break even. There is no way it’s even coming close to that.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

One Night in Miami, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom and News of the World would have battled it out for the remaining slots if there were 10 nominees the year of Another Round.

Another Round was most definitely ahead of all 3.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

News of the World wishes it was top 10.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, Shiva Baby, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall, Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, Winston Duke/James McAvoy
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant, Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby

Profile picture
    SaulAtreides
    Topics:

Filming budget by itself- 165-180 million Marketing budget by itself- I’d imagine 150-200 Million give or take At the end of the day, Dune needs to make closer to 350 million just to break even. There is no way it’s even coming close to that.

That’s…an odd prediction. In the territories it’s been released in it has outperformed Tenet, Black Widow, Shang Chi, and Godzilla vs Kong. It’s too early to say where it will go, but to say that it has no way to reach 350 is plain wrong.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Most big movies release in 3800-4300 theaters. Eyes of Tammy Faye just released in 400 theaters. Its expanding a bit next week. This released mostly in art house theaters. Eyes of Tammy Faye is not supposed to be A Box Office player and it doesnt need to be. It only needs good marketing like Searchlight does. It will hit a streamer also probably in…October or November.

He’s over in Actress calling it a flop already when he needs to worry about his favorite being the flop of the season. This might not even do Blade Runner numbers!

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Dune has China release on Oct 22 and it did better than expected in Hong Kong and Taiwan so that indicates it could do faiurly well in China too.

He’s over in Actress calling it a flop already when he needs to worry about his favorite being the flop of the season. This might not even do Blade Runner numbers!  

Tammy Faye is a flop. I know very well that it opened limited but it posted a poor number from 450 theaters which means it didn’t play to full houses. And we are talking about pretty dead September without competition. I see no room for growth especially in upcoming months when competition considerably increases.

My favorite already exceeded Blade Runner in all 24 markets with many more markets, including China on oct 22, to come. So you were saying?

BTW, is everyone watching Emmy redcarpet or crying over Belfast TIFF win cause forum’s unusually quiet? 🙂

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

LOL, “Dune” needs to make around 330M WW and it already made more than 10% by opening in some territories (not US, UK or China). It’s clearly going to do well!

Profile picture
    SaulAtreides
    Topics:

Not in all. Just some. And its going to do very low numbers domestic. It wont reach 100M domestic because of HBO Max. 80M tops. It would need 270M international to reach 350M worldwide. If it reaches 350M worldwide, i would be surprised

In the aggergate it’s doing better than all of them, and unlike the Marvel movies it’s getting released in China. Like I said it’s currently outperfoming Tenet, which made 300M international, to say that it definitely can’t reach 270M makes it seem liike you’re just not aware of the current figures.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Some napkin math:

Budget: Officially 165M, which I don’t much doubt, but Hollywood accounting typically tacks on another 10-15%, so ~180M might be more accurate.

Marketing: Guessing ~200M, making for a ~365M bill overall. Marketing tends to typically be nearly double the filming budget

Between domestic and international hauls, theaters tend to claim about 50% of total ticket revenue.

If you’re taking this information out of you ass, I’ll gently ignore it.

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

Unrelated. Here is Jessica Chastain praising David O Russell two days ago. Yay, DOR isn’t canceled! Lol

“I love David O. Russell… love, love, love, and I’ve always wanted to work with him. And I got offered American Hustle, the Jennifer Lawrence part. I wanted to do it. But it conflicted with Liv Ullmann and Miss Julie”

https://www-dailymail-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10003329/amp/Jessica-Chastain-confesses-turned-role-American-Hustle-played-Jennifer-Lawrence.html?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#aoh=16320981074193&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-10003329%2FJessica-Chastain-confesses-turned-role-American-Hustle-played-Jennifer-Lawrence.html

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Anne Thompson’s post-TIFF report.

At Telluride and Toronto, “Belfast” was the consensus title that combines art and commerce, personal and universal, written and visual. It has everything, including a cast of superb actors led by Jamie Dornan and Caitríona Balfe, with ace support from wily veterans Ciarán Hinds and Judi Dench. “Belfast” tugs the heartstrings, too: Academy actors, writers, directors, cinematographers, and editors will all climb on board.

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

Titane will get nominated across the board. Belflop won’t even get in

Titane won’t even be submitted as the French pick.

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

Emma Corrin didn’t win the Emmy which means Kristen Stewart is not winning the Oscar. It’s settled. Lol. Jk

But seriously. Someone better get Olivia Colman a Tony so she can complete her triple crown.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.