Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 10)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 511 through 521 (of 521 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
Stefania

• lorelei lor
    Topics:

I still don’t get why it matters that he is not gay. It’s called acting not reality TV.

It doesn’t as long as he’s not giving us some camp and gross stereotype.

Tick Tock
    Topics:

As recently as last year hetero actor James Corden received backlash for hamming it up as a gay man, I’m guessing Hill won’t get a free pass either even in a more “prestige” project…

Jonah Hill’s character being a gay man is mere speculation. It’s not mentioned in the script and I don’t think that’s the news from test screenings either. People are supposing that based on nothing.

kbc
    Topics:

Exhibitor Relations reports A24 will open C’mon C’mon on Nov. 19, five days before the studio’s announced release date for The Humans.

ER also reports A24’s Red Rocket will open on Dec. 3.

Still no official word posted by Neon for the release of Flee (reportedly Dec. 3), Petite Maman
    or The Worst Person in the World.

And Amazon’s still being cagey with the only potential contender that hasn’t yet released so much as an official “first look” photo: Being the Ricardos.

FYC
    Best Picture: "Aftersun" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Charlotte Wellls; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Frankie Corio; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Paul Mescal; Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Charlotte Wells
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Arman Saxena
    Topics:

I hope I’m not the only one who liked that Spencer trailer.

kaziz
    Topics:

As recently as last year hetero actor James Corden received backlash for hamming it up as a gay man, I’m guessing Hill won’t get a free pass either even in a more “prestige” project…

Hold up. James Corden’s STRAIGHT?

Holy shit that makes so much more sense.

FYC:
    Everything Everywhere All At Once
    The Banshees of Inisherin
    Women Talking
    All the Beauty and the Bloodshed
    Joyland
    RRR
    Aftersun

Babygirl
    Topics:

Yeah, i think Erik Anderson is wrong this time around. You don’t put together that type of cast (especially with DiCaprio, Lawrence, Blanchett, and Streep in it) with a filmmaker who right now is loved by AMPAS, with that subject matter (political satire about climate change/COVID, etc..) without pushing it among your priorities. It’s ridiculous to me.

It does seem ridiculous but Erik Anderson was right about a few things regarding Netflix in the past so we do have to keep that in mind. Plus outside BP and Screenplay, DLU has a zero chance to win anything above the line.

You could always tell that POTD would be their #1 based on the festival run though.

2023: Year of the JerEMMYs

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Richie Rich
    Topics:

It does seem ridiculous but Erik Anderson was right about a few things regarding Netflix in the past so we do have to keep that in mind. Plus outside BP and Screenplay, DLU has a zero chance to win anything above the line. You could always tell that POTD would be their #1 based on the festival run though.

Marriage Story had a similar festival run but it wasn’t Netflix’s number 1 priority. So….

kaziz
    Topics:

Marriage Story had a similar festival run but it wasn’t Netflix’s number 1 priority. So….

But The Irishman played NYFF. Yes even the Martin Scorsese film played at a festival.

I still think DLU is a priority, I just don’t get why people think Marriage Story and Roma are SUCH PERFECT analogs for TPOTD and it will follow the same path as either. It’s a sample size of two years! The third year Netflix didn’t send anything to a festival. It’s so silly to be constantly expecting one film to follow an almost identical trajectory to another film based off of……a sample size of 2 wildly different films?

FYC:
    Everything Everywhere All At Once
    The Banshees of Inisherin
    Women Talking
    All the Beauty and the Bloodshed
    Joyland
    RRR
    Aftersun

Butz
    Topics:

Leo can do no wrong. DLU will be nominated for BP and more. Some people will not like it, like all Mackay movies. I am not sure I will 100% like it, but judging by the leaked script there will be some funny and very watchable scenes. Whether it will win awards, that’s another story and I can’t say.

Yeah, I can’t believe people still deny it, it’s soooo obvious. I don’t think it will win anything but Leonardo DiCaprio is the most reliable actor in terms of choosing projects that will get him and the film nominated right now. But I guess some people just don’t like him and thus delude themselves into thinking he won’t make it. Worked out pretty well for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, didn’t it?

For Your Consideration:
    The Banshees of Inisherin in ALL categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Actor (Colin Farrell)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Brendan Gleeson)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Barry Keoghan)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Kerry Condon)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Sheila Flitton)
    - Best Original Screenplay

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

kbc
    Topics:

But The Irishman played NYFF. Yes even the Martin Scorsese film played at a festival.

I still think DLU is a priority, I just don’t get why people think Marriage Story and Roma are SUCH PERFECT analogs for TPOTD and it will follow the same path as either. It’s a sample size of two years! The third year Netflix didn’t send anything to a festival. It’s so silly to be constantly expecting one film to follow an almost identical trajectory to another film based off of……a sample size of 2 wildly different films?

Netflix’s top priority will invariably be the film it thinks can take the marquee prize – Best Picture. We and it will have to see how things shake out leading up to that decision.

FYC
    Best Picture: "Aftersun" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Charlotte Wellls; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Frankie Corio; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Paul Mescal; Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Charlotte Wells
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 11 posts - 511 through 521 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.