Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 510 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
Alessandro_Leri
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

and my own (albeit admittedly anecdotally) is that stuff like Vice was much more of an Academy thing than something that was beloved in the general public.

Its not that anecdotal. Vice has a 60% Rotten Tomatoes audience rating which is only 1% higher than Mank. Vice was also a box office flop only making 76 million on a 60 million budget.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

There might be a marketing logic to it that’s being lost on me but the editing and music is something that’s been criticized in McKay’s previous films, and my own (albeit admittedly anecdotally) is that stuff like Vice was much more of an Academy thing than something that was beloved in the general public.

Adam McKay’s editing has been criticized before but that didn’t stop Big Short and Vice from getting editing nominations. That is my point, people here may hate McKay and his editing but AMPAS loves it. So to jump the shark on a corporate edited clip from the movie seems like a bit too much, especially when it’s coming from people who have been hating on the movie for months. But no surprise there lol

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Hmn. U ignored everything I said. The clip was cutted to be a ad. It was abbreviated. So. Let me see. If he doesnt cry or is a psycopath is a not a oscar whorty performance? This movie is a satire. And if he gives an amazing performance on those circumstances, he could get nominated. Or not.

Lets stop the pander to the same ol oscat bait crap.

That’s why i said if, and sure, lets stop pander the same oscar bait crap with a movie that is truly remarkable, but really is getting hard to find a movie like that these days.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

But you do want Phoenix to be nominated over DiCaprio right? I mean you have said it many times that you want Phoenix to be nominated and you don’t want DiCaprio to be nominated? Even before you saw the two movies? I am not making this up I am just repeating what you said many times so…

And do you want DiCaprio to be nominated instead of him right? See how that works, stop the crap, i know he won’t get nominated but nominated Leo just because his name and snub other great performances will be offensive. I still hope the movie will be great though.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

And do you want DiCaprio to be nominated instead of him right?

No because I did not watch the movies, I will make up my mind after I watch the movies depending on who I think gives the better performance… See how THAT works?

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

No because I did not watch the movies, I will make up my mind after I watch the movies depending on who I think gives the better performance… See how THAT works?

Lol, sure, the way you were attacking me just because i have a different opinion tells otherwise, even if you haven’t seen the movie you want him to be nominated. I really hope the movie is good, sure it’s going to be a good comic, Jonah Hill looks like the comic relief.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Lol, sure, the way you were attacking me just because i have a different opinion tells otherwise, even if you haven’t seen the movie you want him to be nominated. I really hope the movie is good, sure it’s going to be a good comic, Jonah Hill looks like the comic relief.

Lol how did I attack you? I just said you want Phoenix to be nominated over DiCaprio which is true right? You said it yourself many times? How is that attacking you? Come on now…

I am only saying that you already have your mind made up that the movie will suck and nobody deserves to get nominated for DLU… which is also true right? I mean I am not making anything up I am just repeating what you yourself are saying…

I am not like that personally… I like to watch movies and then decide who is worthy and who is not. You can speculate about what I think but the truth is that I do not want anyone to be nominated until I see them and love their work… especially if they are stars like DiCaprio and Phoenix who are not underdogs… Sorry if that is considered attacking you…

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Lol how did I attack you? I just said you want Phoenix to be nominated over DiCaprio which is true right? You said it yourself many times? How is that attacking you? Come on now…

I am only saying that you already have your mind made up that the movie will suck and nobody deserves to get nominated for DLU… which is also true right? I mean I am not making anything up I am just repeating what you yourself are saying…

I am not like that personally… I like to watch movies and then decide who is worthy and who is not. You can speculate about what I think but the truth is that I do not want anyone to be nominated until I see them and love their work… especially if they are stars like DiCaprio and Phoenix who are not underdogs… Sorry if that is considered attacking you…

Yes, you were attacking me, and how many times did i say that? I said that i wanted him to be nominated instead of Cooper if the movie is better than Nightmare Alley and he gives a better performance than Cooper.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Yes, you were attacking me

Please tell me how I attacked you…give me exact quote of me attacking you…

I said that i wanted him to be nominated instead of Cooper if the movie is better than Nightmare Alley and he gives a better performance than Coope

No you said you want Phoenix to be nominated and you did not want DiCaprio to be nominated… Many times…

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

No you said you want Phoenix to be nominated and you did not want DiCaprio to be nominated… Many times…

I think you have bad memory, i never said that, or maybe you’re confusing me with someone else.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Please tell me how I attacked you…give me exact quote of me attacking you…

Spreading misinformation about me, putting words that i never wrote.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

I think you have bad memory, i never said that, or maybe you’re confusing me with someone else.

Post where you said Phoenix was deserving of a nomination: “Nothing, i know he isn’t going to be nominated, but i can say he deserves at least a nomination right?”

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actor (Part 4)

Post where you said nothing about DLU should be nominated:
    “If the movie is as bad as the clip and The Academy nominate this movie anyway, the Academy will lost all its credibility”

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 8)

But whatever man you know what you are doing even if you lie to me. You want Phoenix to be nominated and you don’t want DiCaprio to be nominated and it does not matter to you that you did not even watch their performances. And that is fine but at least admit the truth. Anyway not interested in continuing this conversation bye

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Post where you said Phoenix was deserving of a nomination: “Nothing, i know he isn’t going to be nominated, but i can say he deserves at least a nomination right?”
    https://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/oscars-2022-predictions-best-actor-part-4/page/11/#post-1204452098

Post where you said nothing about DLU should be nominated:
    “If the movie is as bad as the clip and The Academy nominate this movie anyway, the Academy will lost all its credibility”

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/oscars-2022-predictions-best-picture-and-director-part-8/page/16/#post-1204446370

But whatever man you know what you are doing even if you lie to me. You want Phoenix to be nominated and you don’t want DiCaprio to be nominated and it does not matter to you that you did not even watch their performances. And that is fine but at least admit the truth. Anyway not interested in continuing this conversation bye

You said many times, and when did i say i want him nominated instead of DiCaprio? You embarrassed yourself, yes, i don’t want to keep this conversation with someone so toxic, bye.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

And that is fine but at least admit the truth. Anyway not interested in continuing this conversation bye

Weird trend of you hectoring someone to death different every week or so and then being all “I never attacked you! I wasn’t fighting!” and proceeding to act as if you’re the only rational one. Why is it so hard to realize that your tone is very aggressive? Like…I agree with you about DLU mostly, but holy moly.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.