Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 509 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
Alessandro_Leri
  • Profile picture
    kingfan011
    Topics:

Wish Licorice Pizza would star screening so people will whisper about whether its good or not.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Wish Licorice Pizza would star screening so people will whisper about whether its good or not.

It’s PTA it will be good I think, but the question is if it’s an Oscar movie or not…

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Weird trend of you hectoring someone to death different every week or so and then being all “I never attacked you! I wasn’t fighting!” and proceeding to act as if you’re the only rational one. Why is it so hard to realize that your tone is very aggressive? Like…I agree with you about DLU mostly, but holy moly.

Lol that is rich coming from you! Shouldn’t you be harassing Oscar Expert on Twitter for thinking TPOTD won’t win BP? lol

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Lol that is rich coming from you! Shouldn’t you be harassing Oscar Expert on Twitter for thinking TPOTD won’t win BP? lol

Not gonna bother to show how that’s actually an argument on the terms of accessibility they had set out for the film. Google “ad hominem”. Goodbye.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Soooooooo… don’t hate me for this lol, but what if…….. Eternals can actually……

Think about it. 10 nominees. Loads of late breakers, including huge IP like West Side Story. Last year that favored small indies, the year before that it favored blockbusters (albeit early releases). I still think on-the-bubble festival indies are more likely but what if there’s a late-breaker that gets in, I think it’s likely to be one audiences love? And I feeeeeeeel like Eternals is more likely for that than West Side Story, certainly more than HoG, and can be the other populist pick (assuming Dune is already in). Coming out late will help it because A, it’s an unfamiliar story which is where WSS may stumble, B, it’s likely to do the best box office of all of them, including probably No Time to Die, C, a better cast. If it cracks 75+ MC (c’mon, totally possible given that’s where the frontrunner is sitting) then why not? Aside from the other techs I think it may get into the already packed Cinematography category courtesy of Chloe Zhao.

It also just so happens to be a diverse outing from last year’s sweeper. So…just for BP, why not? What does WSS have that Eternals doesn’t?

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Not gonna bother to show how that’s actually an argument on the terms of accessibility they had set out for the film. Google “ad hominem”. Goodbye.

Those were not his terms of accessibility, those were your terms of accessibility and you were enforcing your own terms on him. Anyway all I did was reiterate what someone on this thread said in the past and provide the receipts when they challenged me. I said nothing personal. So do not come for me considering your own behavior on Twitter. Goodbye.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Cool and all I did was reiterate what someone on this thread said in the past and provide the receipts. I said nothing personal. So do not come for me considering your own behavior on Twitter. Goodbye.

You didn’t provided nothing, you think that i said many times i wanted Phoenix nominated instead of DiCaprio, and i never mentioned DiCaprio in those threads, you’re the one who brought Phoenix to the conversation an i was talking about DiCaprio, bye.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

ANYWAY how about we talk about what should be winning Best Picture but won’t.

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Alessandro Leri
    Topics:

If Dicaprio left two projects such as Nightmare Alley and Licorice Pizza in order to accept a role in Killers of the Flower Moon and DLU we should think that probably the latter two projects are more Oscar bait than the former two.

It is not obvious that this is the case, but there is a good chance it is, don”t you think guys?

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

If Dicaprio left two projects such as Nightmare Alley and Licorice Pizza in order to accept a role in Killers of the Flower Moon and DLU we should think that probably the latter two projects are more Oscar bait than the former two.

It is not obvious that this is the case, but there is a good chance it is, don”t you think guys?

Don’t look up doesn’t look like an Oscar bait movie, killers of the flower moon would probably be nominated for a bunch of Oscars

Profile picture
    Alessandro Leri
    Topics:

Don’t look up doesn’t look like an Oscar bait movie, killers of the flower moon would probably be nominated for a bunch of Oscars

DLU has an incredible cast. I don’t think that a movie which hasn’t any chance of being nominated could have that incredible cast. But the point is an an other one. I think that Nightmare Alley and Licorice Pizza might be good movies but no Oscar bait otherwise DiCaprio wouldn’t have left those projects.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

If Dicaprio left two projects such as Nightmare Alley and Licorice Pizza in order to accept a role in Killers of the Flower Moon and DLU we should think that probably the latter two projects are more Oscar bait than the former two. It is not obvious that this is the case, but there is a good chance it is, don”t you think guys?

It’s worth noting that Don’t Look Up is about climate change, an issue which DiCaprio is passionate about and has an entire foundation dedicated to fighting it. It may not necessarily be about him wanting another Oscar.

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Ansel Elgort is back on IG with one post promoting the trailer for West Side Story (with comments limited). Is he just going to pretend the controversy with him never happened? Wonder how the studio will handle promotion.

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

Just to say that I re-watched IN THE HEIGHTS… God, I think I will root for this one all season! I liked a lot, but after a second-view it is even better.

——
    FYC
    Best Picture: In the Heights
    Best Supporting Actress: Olga Merediz, In the Heights
    Best Editing: Myron Kerstein, In the Heights
    Best Sound: In the Heights
    Best Original Song: “Home All Summer”, In the Heights

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

Ansel Elgort is back on IG with one post promoting the trailer for West Side Story (with comments limited). Is he just going to pretend the controversy with him never happened? Wonder how the studio will handle promotion.

Interesting… I guess I will have some popcorn while on Twitter when promoting WWS begins

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.