Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 510 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
Alessandro_Leri
  • Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

I keep going back and forth on Licorice Pizza. I do think it could win Picture. It seems like it will crowd-please, it’s about Hollywood, it could be perceived as PTA’s moment and I think it could win one of Director or Screenplay. That said, there’s also moments where it looks way off the Academy’s radar. At the minute I’m somewhere in between. Alana Haim looks great in the trailer but Actress seems too stacked at the minute. I think Cooper looks absolutely possible in Supporting Actor. At the minute I have it getting nominated in Picture, Director, Supporting Actor, Original Screenplay and Editing. I would have it for Cinematography but after they snubbed him for Phantom Thread I’m not convinced. Really excited for it.

If I see crowdpleaser one more time…Jesus. It’s like the ultimate argument around here.

Profile picture
    Film expert
    Topics:

I don’t see big enough gravitas for this film to be a real player for Best Picture.

Light coming out of age story suddenly is to win best picture? Nahh lol

Of course, basing this on info currently avaiable.

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

I keep going back and forth on Licorice Pizza. I do think it could win Picture. It seems like it will crowd-please, it’s about Hollywood, it could be perceived as PTA’s moment and I think it could win one of Director or Screenplay. That said, there’s also moments where it looks way off the Academy’s radar. At the minute I’m somewhere in between. Alana Haim looks great in the trailer but Actress seems too stacked at the minute. I think Cooper looks absolutely possible in Supporting Actor. At the minute I have it getting nominated in Picture, Director, Supporting Actor, Original Screenplay and Editing. I would have it for Cinematography but after they snubbed him for Phantom Thread I’m not convinced. Really excited for it.

Please stay in line. We have other crowd-pleasers ahead. As for being about Hollywood again it doesn’t matter as much as some of you think when not even OUATIH could win.

Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

We’ve added 5 more performers to the Oscars and SAG predictions centers. These new ones might take an hour+ to show up in the events.

Jude Hill (Belfast) — lead
    Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza) — lead
    Eugenio Derbez (CODA) — supporting
    Sean Penn (Licorice Pizza) — supporting
    Benny Safdie (Licorice Pizza) — supporting

Profile picture
    Orestes
    Topics:

I saw a total lack of charisma and chemistry with those two leads.

We heard you the first time.

but I did not like anything about Inherent Vice – I called that one Incoherent Vice! 

How original 😐

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Please stay in line. We have other crowd-pleasers ahead. As for being about Hollywood again it doesn’t matter as much as some of you think when not even OUATIH could win.

To clarify I’m not committing to the ‘it could win Picture’ stance in any real way beyond trying to look for some reasons that it ‘could’. I don’t think it will, and I don’t think any of the reasons I’ve listed are at all solid, they’re just the best I could come up with. I think it’s worth considering that for the late-breaking contenders, trying to see how they could enter the BP race. I think Licorice Pizza will be limited to the Picture nom and won’t end up in contention to win, which I did basically say in my original post when I said I fall “somewhere in between”.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

We’ve added 5 more performers to the Oscars and SAG predictions centers. These new ones might take an hour+ to show up in the events.

Jude Hill (Belfast) — lead
    Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza) — lead
    Eugenio Derbez (CODA) — supporting
    Sean Penn (Licorice Pizza) — supporting
    Benny Safdie (Licorice Pizza) — supporting

Hum so Jamie Dornan and Caitriona Balfe are probably going to be supporting.

Profile picture
    Film Critic
    Topics:

Licorice Pizza will be one of 10 films nominated for an Oscar for best picture, but will not win the award.

* Licorice Pizza - Paul Thomas Anderson

* Nightmare Alley – Guillermo Del Toro

* The Power of the Dog – Jane Campion

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Licorice Pizza looks more accessible than the snoozefest that Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was.

Profile picture
    Orestes
    Topics:

yes, eight times.

Brokeback Mountain; Traffic; A Place in the Sun; A Letter to Three Wives; The Treasure of the Sierra Madre; The Informer; Bad Girl; 7th Heaven

You forgot The Pianist.

Interesting how these happened in three clumps of three, spanning through 1927/8-1935, 1948-1951 and 2000-2005 respectively.

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

Licorice Pizza looks more accessible than the snoozefest that Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was.

Can we add ‘accessible’ to the list of words overused here on GD, please? Thanks.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Lool, you are delusional.

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

Use approachable.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Can we add ‘accessible’ to the list of words overused here on GD, please? Thanks.

Should I apologize for not having English as my first language ?

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

Should I apologize for not having English as my first language ?

Of course not. English is not my first language either.

I don’t see the connection tho’. It’s just that always using this as the main reason why certain movies or performances are going to win has become tiresome.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.