Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 496 through 509 (of 509 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
Alessandro_Leri
  • Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Yes but they are not BP contenders, obviously

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Yes but they are not BP contenders, obviously

Neither has a chance of winning but I think both are contenders for a nomination.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

This month’s SCAD Savannah Film Festival, the largest university-run film festival in the U.S., has announced its honourees for 2021.

Among them are

Kenneth Branagh, the Lifetime Achievement in Acting and Directing Award for Belfast

Adrien Brody, the Vanguard Award for The French Dispatch

Clifton Collins Jr., the Distinguished Performance Award for Jockey (👏)

Aunjanue Ellis, the Outstanding Achievement in Cinema Award for King Richard

Harry Gregson-Williams, the Lifetime Achievement in Composing Award for his body of work including The Last Duel

Maggie Gyllenhaal, the Rising Star Director Award for The Lost Daughter

Phil Lord and Chris Miller, the Outstanding Achievement in Animation Award for The Mitchells vs. The Machines

Mike Mills, the Auteur Award for C’mon C’mon

Ruth Negga, the Spotlight Award for Passing

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    Vincent Figueroa
    Topics:

Biopics in last 4 years at the Oscars:

2017 Darkest Hour , I Tonya, Roman J Israel , The Post 2018- Vice , Bohemian Rhapsody , First Man , Green Book 2019 – Judy , Rocketman, Harriet Irishman , Two Popes 2020 – Mank ,Judas and the Black Messiah, Ma Rainey , The United States vs. Billie Holiday. 2021- Respect , The eyes of Tammy Faye , King Richard, Being Ricardos, Spencer….

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. The Power of The Dog
    2. Belfast
    3. Don’t Look Up
    4. King Richard
    5. Dune
    6. The Tragedy of Macbeth
    7. Licorice Pizza
    8. The Hand of God
    9. Spencer
    10.West Side Story

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I won’t believe Being the Ricardos is coming out this year until Amazon officially confirms a release date. George Clooney’s The Tender Bar seems to be getting more priority. Amazon hosted a screening for BAFTA members last night in LA, which was followed by a Q&A with Clooney, Lily Rabe, Christopher Lloyd and Grant Heslov.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Hot take but I think House of Gucci has a higher likelihood of getting nominated in Best Picture than West Side Story.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

Hot take but I think House of Gucci has a higher likelihood of getting nominated in Best Picture than West Side Story.

No offence but can I have what you are smoking?

And I don’t get the confidence in House of Gucci many of you guys have? I can see the angle of Gaga and even Driver and Leto getting nominated but I don’t get how you guys think it will be nominated for Best Picture. Ridley Scott’s recent track record alone should kill all confidence in this movie getting a Best Picture nomination with his only BP nominee in the past decade being The Martian, which would have been nominated regardless of who directed if it had the same script and lead performance. I have no doubt that HoG would be a popular mainstream hit but I don’t see coming anywhere near BP. And this is coming from someone who has been excited for this movie since 2019 and who has watched the trailer a million times.

And all this hate for West Side Story is ridiculous given no one has actually seen the film.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

And all this hate for West Side Story is ridiculous given no one has actually seen the film.

Nobody asked for the film and the movie will be unpopular with the Academy especially when controversial Ansel Elgort de-elevates the film with not only his allegations but also wooden acting.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

Trivia time.

Do you guys know that Jesse Plemons has starred in 4 consecutive Best Picture nominees in the past 4 years? The Post, Vice, The Irishman, Judas and the Black Messiah. And the streak will surely continue next year with The Power of the Dog and the year after with Killers of the Flower Moon. He is the John Cazale of our time. Being in multiple consecutive BP nominees but never getting nominated himself. I don’t know if I should be happy or sad for him.

And also. Has anyone else been on such a streak?

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

eh I feel worst for joseph fiennes who managed to miss out on a nom despite costarring with Both Paltrow and Blanchett in shakespeare in love and Elizabeth. Brutal

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

Nobody asked for the film and the movie will be unpopular with the Academy especially when controversial Ansel Elgort de-elevates the film with not only his allegations but also wooden acting.

Nobody asked for Dune and Nightmare Alley which are both new adaptations of books same as West Side Story. But the films exist because the directors wanted to make them for their own personal reasons. So why should only West Side Story be criticized for this reason? No one is going to force you to watch it if you don’t care.

And also you sound like you have something personal against Ansel Elgort that you need to deal with. Good luck with that.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Nobody asked for Dune and Nightmare Alley which are both new adaptations of books same as West Side Story. But the films exist because the directors wanted to make them for their own personal reasons. So why should only West Side Story be critized for this reason?

The Lynch adaptation of Dune was critically panned so there was never a film created that did justice for the novel. The last film adaption of Nightmare Alley was released in 1947 and was hardly popular but more of a niche cinephile favorite. The original West Side Story was both popular and critically acclaimed winning 10 Oscars so there is no reason for a remake of this film to exist unlike Dune and Nightmare Alley. The original West Side Story is a quintessential piece of film musicals and a prominent force in the Academy’s history.

And also you sound like you have something personal against against Ansel Elgort that you need to deal with. Good luck with that.

Or he is just a bad actor with multiple sexual assault allegations against him that he could barely dispute so he went into hiding from the public for years?

FYC:

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

Or he is just a bad actor with multiple sexual assault allegations against him that he could barely dispute so he went into hiding from the public for years?

He’s a bad actor in your opinion. He wouldn’t be in as many movies as he has if he was a bad actor but if you say so, I guess.

And he hasn’t been hiding for years. He has been in Japan filming an HBO Max miniseries directed by Michael Mann since last year before the lock downs and it wrapped this summer. But again if you say so.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 14 posts - 496 through 509 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.