Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 12)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 513 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
kbc
  • Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

I’ll reiterate what I just said earlier.

The HFPA is just petty and pretty desperate to try to stay relevant.

But no one among studios, filmmakers, talent, etc.. will care about them this year nor want to stay near them.

They are a dying organization and they know it.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

The way pundits are overpredicting King Richard is ridiculous. This is going to be 8th/9th on Best Picture (just like other dad movies like Ford v Ferrari and The Post) and will probably get noms in Actor, Supporting Actress, Score and Song. That’s all. And I’m not even sure about Will Smith winning. It’s still weird enough that they’re making a movie with the greatest female tennis player of the century (Serena), and she’s not the main focus. It’s also not the kind of role that the British/European branch gravitate towards. He’s for sure the frontrunner, but it doesn’t mean he will win. I think people are underestimating Benedict, and Bradley Cooper could also be a potential late breaker because it’s definitely a winning role (I just doubt he has the range to play it, it should’ve been Joaquin Phoenix). And there’s Denzel, but it’s easier to win for playing The Joker than for playing a Shakespeare character (2 against 1).

Denzel can win, when was the last time an actor was nominated for playing a Shakespeare character? And winning for playing The Joker is not easy, lol, Jack Nicholson and Jared Leto didn’t make it.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

I’ll reiterate what I just said earlier. The HFPA is just petty and pretty desperate to try to stay relevant. But no one among studios, filmmakers, talent, etc.. will care about them this year nor want to stay near them. They are a dying organization and they know it.

I hope they don’t die and called Ricky Gervais again, honestly it was the only show that was entertaining.

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

How are they being petty when Critics Choice were the ones to swoop in and steal their dates? They even went as far as trying to get their venue? Make it make sense?

The Critics Choice normally have their nominations and show around these dates anyway? Except for last season ofc. I don’t understand how they stole it lmao. My bad if I’m missing something.

Profile picture
    skyes
    Topics:

The fight has started: Critics Choice President Rips “Vindictive” HFPA Over New Golden Globes Date.

FYC: Passing, The Power of the Dog

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

The fight has started: Critics Choice President Rips “Vindictive” HFPA Over New Golden Globes Date.

Lol this is just ridiculous. It’s like two different groups of elementary schoolers are fighting on the playground 🙄

Oscars FYC:
    Picture: Dune, The Power of the Dog
    Director: Jane Campion, Denis Villeneuve
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons
    Adapted Screenplay: Dune, Passing, The Power of the Dog
    Cinematography: Dune, The Power of the Dog
    Costume Design: Dune
    Film Editing: Dune, The Power of the Dog
    Production Design: Dune, The Power of the Dog
    Sound: Dune, The Power of the Dog
    Visual Effects: Dune, Free Guy

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Babylonian your obsessive repetitive trolling is pathetic mudslinging. TPOTD has nothing to do with Chapelle.

Profile picture
    Grand Sprites
    Topics:

I hope they don’t die and called Ricky Gervais again, honestly it was the only show that was entertaining.

After all the flak they’ve already gotten, I would question the wisdom of hiring a known transphobe to host their show, unless courting controversy is their strategy to stay relevant. (Yes, I know he hosted in 2020, but fewer people were looking for things to hate HFPA for then.)

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Not either of those organization pretending to be any moral lol don’t they know this is about award season

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    Alessandro Leri
    Topics:

Guys, The Last Duel is definitely a medieval metoo cavalry drama, it has a great cast, a solid screenplay and one of the greatest esthetes of directing in the world. Given the fact that theaters have been very damaged by covid situation, could it be the frontrunner for picture along with Dune? What do you think about it?

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Guys, The Last Duel is definitely a medieval metoo cavalry drama, it has a great cast, a solid screenplay and one of the greatest esthetes of directing in the world. Given the fact that theaters have been very damaged by covid situation, could it be the frontrunner for picture along with Dune? What do you think about it?

“The Last Duel” has a rape scene and graphic violence in the last duel, so it’s not to everyone’s taste. It’s an okay movie, but I also found its structure a bit clunky, with all the repeated scenes. Its exploration of violence against women is in my opinion a bit simplistic (= it’s important to believe victims of sexual assault, pat on the back). It could be a contender for some technical categories (Costume Design and Sound), and obviously Comer is incredible with that she is given. It could theoretically end up getting a BP nomination, because lots of people liked it more than me, but it’s not win-competitive. Ridley Scott is a legendary film director, but he’s also a 83-year-old man past his prime.

The front runners for Best Picture are “The Power of the Dog” and “Belfast”. All signs point in this direction. Dune is going be win a ton of technical categories (Sound, VFX, Editing, maybe another one among Production Design, Cinematography and Score), but not BP.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Well I think the screenplay is actually the worst thing about the movie, outside of Damon. Even with COVID, these numbers are awful. It is a good movie, but these numbers suggest what everyone already thought. No one cares about Medieval movies anymore. Matt Damon and Ben Affleck aren’t box office draws like they used to be. I don’t see Last Duel getting any above the line nominations.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Alessandro Leri
    Topics:

Well I think the screenplay is actually the worst thing about the movie, outside of Damon. Even with COVID, these numbers are awful. It is a good movie, but these numbers suggest what everyone already thought. No one cares about Medieval movies anymore. Matt Damon and Ben Affleck aren’t box office draws like they used to be. I don’t see Last Duel getting any above the line nominations.

Well if nobody cares about medieval movies anymore no one cares about Eggers upcoming movie I guess…

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

attention, attention is announced to everyone Today I am announcing the number of nominations that The Power Of The Dog will receive: The Power Of The Dog will receive 7 Oscar nominations in total.

7 huh. Interesting. I have 9.

Best Picture

Best Director

Best Adapted Screenplay

Best Score

Best Cinematography

Best Production Design

Best Actor

Best Supporting Actress

Best Supporting Actor

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.