Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 12)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 513 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
kbc
  • Profile picture
    Karen Gill.
    Topics:

I know this is the wrong thread but since the Television Academy is huge,I thought of extending the SAG TV Voting Polls to this thread too. This one is for Limited/Anthology Actress (choose one).

I’ll make one for “Best Ensemble Motion Picture SAG” also shortly and post here.

https://strawpoll.com/5ke1ac7xw

Vote Now

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Number of pages on here so far for the main contenders, apropos of nothing:

Last Duel 27

TPOTD 26

Dune 12

Macbeth 7

Nightmare Alley 5

Licorice Pizza 5

King Richard 3

Belfast 1

And the winner is…

House of Gucci 73

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Fox mishandled The Last Duel.

They clearly didn’t have any faith or confidence about it despite the increasing critical acclaim given by the second wave of reviews in the USA which were worlds apart from the mediocre Venice debut.
    Fox clearly couldn’t care less about marketing it well.

It’s the studio’s fault.

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Fascinating to see Branagh trying to distance Belfast from Roma.

He’s saying as an Arthouse director & AMPAS & BAFTA he did not see the film that was runner up & winner respectively for the win that year, the film that was on of the most critically acclaimed film that year.

Is he desperate that the “White Roma”  tag not stick to Belfast lest it harms the films chances?

Is he worried about being accused of copying from the film?

Could he really not have seen it?

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

At a certain point I’ve been saying, and still believe, that at SOME point surely we’ll stop holding box office shortcomings against the contenders this year once they all basically underwhelm. That core audience is in no rush to go back to theaters, and it’s not like Halloween Kills is a likelier Oscar contender for exceeding expectations.

That being said, The Last Duel’s numbers suggest it probably wouldn’t have been profitable even in the best of times. The Ridley Scott period epic has been out of fashion for the better part of 20 years now.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Kenneth Branagh shares with the audience during his Q&A for #Belfast: “I haven’t seen Roma,” referring to the comparisons of his personal film and Alfonso Cuarón’s personal portrait.

I just know this isn’t true since he is an Academy member. Branagh is practically asking for a Best Director snub.

What a shitty thing to say about a colleague’s work lol. This guy is unberable.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Maybe it’s true.
    Just because you’re an Academy member, it doesn’t mean that you are a cinephile, a film buff, or that you watch everything that will come out in that year.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Kenneth Branagh shares with the audience during his Q&A for #Belfast: “I haven’t seen Roma,” referring to the comparisons of his personal film and Alfonso Cuarón’s personal portrait.

I just know this isn’t true since he is an Academy member. Branagh is practically asking for a Best Director snub.

Is he for real? So he either genuinely didn’t see it, exposing himself as the worst kind of Academy member; or he did see it, copied it and made it worse, then lied about it?

For Your Consideration:

Carrie Coon, ‘The Gilded Age’ (no I haven’t seen it, but we have no choice but to stan anyway)

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

He’s lying. He doesn’t want to discuss the similarities and differences between Cuaron’s masterpiece and his movie, just in case people start looking at them more closely. By the way, I intend to rewatch “Roma” after I watch “Belfast”. Anyone else has had the same thought?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Branagh is apart of the international branch of the Academy and Roma won Best Film at BAFTA. How could he not have seen it?

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I hate to be overly cynical but I strongly suspect that the vast majority of AMPAS voters don’t watch all of the Best Picture nominees in their entirely before voting. It’s outrageous to vote without watching all BP nominees, especially for a Director, but I certainly don’t think he’s unusual.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

A24 releases new teaser for The Tragedy of Macbeth

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Just like Sam Mendes didn’t see Birdman before making 1917.

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

Please, the idea he saw and was inspired by Ida but somehow missed Roma makes me lol

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.