Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 13)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 509 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
loudtoilet
kaziz
kbc
  • Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

It’s much more entertaining than BW, Shang-Chi or, so it seems, Eternals. Also… Global box office – $1.128 billion

Thanks to tie-in with Endgame. Marvel cross-promited it to look like you had to see it to udnerstand Endgame but that was BS. I almost nodded off how much I was “entertained”. SLJ, Mendelsohn and the cat were good though. That’s about it.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

critics will fall in line.

Nah, they’ll rightly say it’s low-tier Marvel, unlike Captain Marvel and other better MCU films. 😂

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Thanks to tie-in with Endgame. Marvel cross-promited it to look like you had to see it to udnerstand Endgame but that was BS. I almost nodded off how much I was “entertained”. SLJ, Mendelsohn and the cat were good though. That’s about it.

That’s a lot more entertainment than BW, S-C or Eternals are offering. Also CM was more entertaining than Endgame.

FYC

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

It’s much more entertaining than Shang-Chi

It’s… not. The story is far more shallow and less interesting than, let’s say, Shang-Chi. That said, it’s relative.

Also… Global box office – $1.128 billion

The film that contained big clue for the next Avengers film was obviously watched. More recent MCU films do not have that kind of momentum no matter how well-crafted they are because 1) audiences still do not know what big event that will follow these films 2) we are now still in the midst of global pandemic.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Nah, they’ll rightly say it’s low-tier Marvel, unlike Captain Marvel and other better MCU films. 😂

I will believe it when I see it but the prospect of Feige’s Oscar pony being a stinker as Ruimy straight up called is very entertaining prospect. Not that Feige is infallible. He expected awards things for that crap with Stan and Mackie, but the Emmy success turned out to be the wacky Wandavision. And now Hahn is getting an unplanned spin-off thanks to that surprise.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

The film that contained big clue for the next Avengers film was obviously watched. More recent MCU films do not have that kind of momentum no matter how well-crafted they are because 1) audiences still do not know what big event that will follow these films 2) we are now still in the midst of global pandemic.

Or, they’re just not as good.

FYC

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

I will believe it when I see it but the prospect of Feige’s Oscar pony being a stinker as Ruimy straight up called is very entertaining prospect. Not that Feige is infallible. He expected awards things for that crap with Stan and Mackie, but the Emmy success turned out to be the wacky Wandavision. And now Hahn is getting an unplanned spin-off thanks to that surprise.

Maybe Disney can shift that clearly unneeded Eternals Oscar-campaign cash to The Last Duel or Free Guy, which could make more use of it. 😉

FYC

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Maybe Disney can shift that clearly unneeded Eternals Oscar-campaign cash to The Last Duel or Free Guy, which could make more use of it. 😉

I unironically like your way of thinking. Either way, Comer rises!

Profile picture
    Qoslca
    Topics:

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.” 🎥

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I have no doubt that everyone will toe the line and dutifully churn out 100% fresh reviews by Sunday when embargo lifts,  and maybe even Brie Larson will try to be relevant again by telling those straight white male pundits that the movie wasn’t made for them like A Wrinkle In Time, but it’s still very amusing that this of all MCU movies got such a resounding NOPE from some awards watchers/infuencers/predictors and that certain post-credits appearance is now stealing the headlines and narrative from the movie, director, cast, etc.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

First reviews of Eternals compared the movie with Justice League and a critic wrote on his Twitter that is a borefest with great visuals

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

First reviews of Eternals compared the movie with Justice League and a critic wrote on his Twitter that is a borefest with great visuals

Those are just twitter reactions. reviews drop on Sunday so lets see who dares to give it rotten reviews.

As you can see from this:

Matt neglia, Erick Weber from Awards ace, Scott Menzel and Daniel Howat from Next best picture hosted a Twitter space today to discuss their review of Eternals and all 4 of them mutually agreed that it would not be an awards contender. They also had a lot of bad things to say about the film

I was honestly surprised hearing them talk in the space, they were saying Gemma couldn’t carry a film on her own, that the character Sprite was straight up cringe worthy, that the humor was off and action scenes were pointless, performances were bad etc. But none of these were mentioned in any of the tweet reactions. I guess pundits and critics are actually scared of Marvel lmao

That’s why I say everyone will toe the line by Sunday or they risk not being invited to advance screenings of Disney movies and D+ shows. Not the hill worth dying on.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

That’s why I say everyone will toe the line by Sunday or they risk not being invited to advance screenings of Disney movies and D+ shows. Not the hill worth dying on.

This is the reason you cannot trust in critics anymore

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

yep, absolutely.

Profile picture
    HAL 9000
    Topics:

yep, absolutely.

This is the closest they come to saying it’s not that good lol

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.