Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 13)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 509 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
loudtoilet
kaziz
kbc
  • Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Gotham’s Director’s tribute is a great push for Campion.

As for White Roma, could they be trying any harder to win? Surely saccharine mush doesn’t win BP these days? Surely.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Belfast won, but I also don’t think it’s anywhere near a slam dunk. The last time movies like this won was Green Book (which caused its own shitstorm) and The Artist, which was in a MUCH weaker year than this one.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Campion will receive the Director’s Tribute at this year’s Gotham Awards.

I think Campion currently has a better chance for an Oscar nomination than any other potential nominee in any category.

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

What major awards players besides POTD are eligible tomorrow?

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

For a film to be eligible for the Gotham Awards:
    “Films must be American, except as noted. Except for the Best International Feature and the Best Documentary category, all feature films must be directed, and/or produced (credited “producer” or “produced by”) and/or written by individuals who are U.S. citizens or permanently U.S.-based. A minimum of two different individuals across these roles are required. If the film’s director is American as defined and fulfills at least two of these roles, this is sufficient for eligibility…. Budget level and sources of financing are taken into consideration during criteria review. Eligible films cannot exceed a gross budget ceiling of $35 million.”

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I don’t think The Power of the Dog is eligible since Campion isn’t an US citizen. The tribute doesn’t mean it’s eligible. Stewart will receive one and Spencer is not eligible.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

New trailer for Belfast:

i know it’s complicated to judge from trailers and pics but every news about this movie makes it looks so uninteresting and tepid

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

It looks like a Perfectly Nice Little Movie. But I don’t think Perfectly Nice Little Movies should sweep the Oscars.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Slumdog Millionaire was a perfectly nice little movie whose sweep rightfully turned a lot of people against it. That year will forever go down in infamy for TDK, a movie that actually stood the test of time unlike the perfectly nice little movie, was snubbed. Everyone remember TDK, very few remember Slumdog.

Profile picture
    Hembie
    Topics:

I’m starting to think my tastes vary from Awards front runners (Belfast excluded)  I’m excited to see Belfast,  Macbeth and the Lost Daughter and even Eternals ( I know that’s not getting nominated)
    Licorice Pizza  and Nightmare alley just look like run of the mill oscar bait movies that just don’t interest me, I don’t mind if they get nominated but I’ll likely skip them.
    I saw Dune in September and yes it was beautiful, but I’ll be honest I really didn’t like it. I didn’t care about any of the characters or what happened to them and couldn’t wait for it to be over but my friend who saw it with me was a huge Dune fan and he loved it, but I loved the Green Knight and it looks like I was the only one lol. I don’t think I’m going to do well with my predictions because i can’t figure out what the voting body considers awards worthy these days.

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

The way no one cared about that The Lost Daughter trailer. Lol

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I don’t think The Power of the Dog is eligible since Campion isn’t an US citizen. The tribute doesn’t mean it’s eligible. Stewart will receive one and Spencer is not eligible.

According to Variety, TPOTD isn’t eligible for any Gotham Awards (including International Feature) because it has a budget of more than $35 million. The films expected to receive the most nominations are “The Lost Daughter” and “Mass” (both, perhaps not coincidentally, directed and written by respected New York actors). Other films expected to have a strong showing include “CODA,” “Red Rocket” and “Shiva Baby.” I note that “Spencer” is only eligible for International Film. “Belfast” has two American producers so it is eligible for Best Film, but aside from one or two possible (but not certain) acting nominations, it is not expected to rack up a large number of noms.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Speak for yourself lol.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Your experiences are not universal

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Amazon adds an FYC page for The Tender Bar.

Only a placeholder page is now available for Being the Ricardos, and there’s another empty page for A Hero.

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.