Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 13)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 509 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
loudtoilet
kaziz
kbc
  • Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Surprised that C’mon C’mon‘s Mike Mills didn’t join Red Rocket in the screenplay category considering the acting-category love for both films. And neither made the BP race.

And zilch for The Humans? 😧

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Some observation about Gotham nominations:

Both “Passing” and “The Lost Daughter” did equally well, with Jessie Buckley singled out over Dakota Johnson.

Reed Birney singled out in the “Mass” cast, but in general it underperformed.

“C’mon C’mon” is an acting showcase but it didn’t make screenplay. “The Card Counter” did.

Oscar Isaac ❤️

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

The Last Daughter and Passing got a lot of appreciation there

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

LMAO! What joke of awards! Nominate green Knight for Best Feature and then snub Patel. LOLOLOLOL

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

LMAO! What joke of awards! Nominate green Knight for Best Feature and then snub Patel. LOLOLOLOL

I know you’re a troll, but the categories are voted by different people.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I’m going to set aside your absolutely insane ramblings of a reaction conspiracy and ignore the fact that Dune is likely to get more nominations than Eternals so your rage is unneeded. But what the hell is with this racist and misogynistic take? This forum sure isn’t half as high brow as it thinks it is.

You are dumb. There’s nothing racist and mysogynistic in my take. They said that acting was bad, that Chen didn’t carry the movie well and that movie overall wasn’t good. All that off twitter and if you really think that hiding negative opinion has nothing to do with being underwhelmed by diversity performers I have a bridge to sell you. Critics do go easier on such movies and artists that’s an undisputed fact. Did Zhao deserve her Oscar? Yes. Are they afraid to admit that she wasn’t up to snuff with Eternals. You bet. So it isn’t as b&W as you make it out to be. And, for the record, there is no way in hell that critics though Boseman’s overacting in terrible Ma’s was better than Hopkins and/or Ahmed. Boseman’s performance was exactly the kind that critics don’t support. Yet they chickened out and went all in for it. But no people who backed up Ethan Hawke and Hupert just to name a few did not sincerely think Boseman was the best. No way. And you know it. And it’s ansoplutely fabulous that Hopkins win was an egg in the face to virtue signalers!

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Let’s see if pundis will stop underestimating The Lost Daughter and Passing.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

You are dumb. There’s nothing racist and mysogynistic in my take. They said that acting was bad, that Chen didn’t carry the movie well and that movie overall wasn’t good. All that off twitter and if you really think that hiding negative opinion has nothing to do with being underwhelmed by diversity performers I have a bridge to sell you. Critics do go easier on such movies and artists that’s an undisputed fact. Did Zhao deserve her Oscar? Yes. Are they afraid to admit that she wasn’t up to snuff with Eternals. You bet. So it isn’t as b&W as you make it out to be. And, for the record, there is no way in hell that critics though Boseman’s overacting in terrible Ma’s was better than Hopkins and/or Ahmed. Boseman’s performance was exactly the kind that critics don’t support. Yet they chickened out and went all in for it. But no people who backed up Ethan Hawke and Hupert just to name a few did not sincerely think Boseman was the best. No way. And you know it. And it’s ansoplutely fabulous that Hopkins win was an egg in the face to virtue signalers!

So much hate, false information from such a sad pathetic hater. Poor thing

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Surprised that C’mon C’mon‘s Mike Mills didn’t join Red Rocket in the screenplay category considering the acting-category love for both films. And neither made the BP race. And zilch for The Humans? 😧

I have both “C’mon C’mon” and “The Humans” in my screenplay predictions…

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

So much hate, false information from such a sad pathetic hater. Poor thing

See you when Eternals nom bumps whatever movie you want to see nominated, just because a bunch of critics were afraid to admit that even the greatest of directors have a slump and can deliver stinkers despite best intentions.

P.S. that thinking like yours almost got a GOAT performance and actor robbed of his deserved awards, because you and the likes think cheap sentimentality and “don’t I look good for supporting ______(insert meme of choice)?” is why awards are losing their appeal and credibility.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

See you when Eternals nom bumps whatever movie you want to see nominated, just because a bunch of critics were afraid to admit that even the greatest of directors have a slump and can deliver stinkers despite best intentions. P.S. that thinking like yours almost got a GOAT performance and actor robbed of his deserved awards, because you and the likes think cheap sentimentality and “don’t I look good for supporting ______(insert meme of choice)?” is why awards are losing their appeal and credibility.

What? Do you even understand what yoi write? Do you even believe yourself ? Jeez. Such delusional comments. The conspiracy theories are just pathetic. Planet earth is also flat isnt it

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

The Gotham nominations show impeccable taste. I am really surprised neither Patel or Cage got a lead performance nomination, I would have loved to see one of them in.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

So…..Belfast was eligible for Gothams after all and not even Hinds or Balfe could get in?

Lol.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

So…..Belfast was eligible for Gothams after all and not even Hinds or Balfe could get in? Lol.

Wait it was eligible?? lmao.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Was it eligible? I didn’t think it was.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.