Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 13)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 509 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
loudtoilet
kaziz
kbc
  • Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

And you are a sad Disney ass-kisser. You came here only to scream about Eternals winning Picture which is hilarious.

Bruh. Read what my comments actually say. But read it. ive clearly said that no superheroes movies should get in awards season but surely you only read what you think it suits your narrative. Im a Marvel a DC fan but I don’t like the idea of these movies being contenders for awards.

I dont give a shit about a billion dollar corporation pathetic shit. Seriously. All your assumptions just make more clear to me that you are a sad little hater/troll and will come up with every crap for hate sake.

As a Marvel fan, the ammount of shit you make up, the ammount of “people said this bad thing” about every aspect of the movie, its nothing but your wishful hate. And then when the reviews come out you will keep your pathetic conspiracy narrative that is just…I actually have no words for it.

Keep trying to paint the movie how you want in this sub. Idk if anyone takes you seriously here… but its just ridiculous the ammount of shit you say here. Even not related to Marvel. Specially not related to Marvel

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Keep trying to paint the movie how you want in this sub. Idk if anyone takes you seriously here… but its just ridiculous the ammount of shit you say here. Even not related to Marvel. Specially not related to Marvel

I don’t have to paint it as anything, reactions did the job. They said it was different from other Marvel movies because – ta-da – it was like Justice League lmao! The twist of the century!

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

I don’t have to paint it as anything, reactions did the job. They said it was different from other Marvel movies because – ta-da – it was like Justice League lmao! The twist of the century!

And if you really care to pay attention you would know why the Justice League comparison. Not only some characters but the edginess of them. It has nothing to do with the quality of the movie.

Of course, its about the quality of the movie because it supports your negative narrative. Haters/trollers are always the same. Its already a easy puzzle

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

I’m surprised about C’mon C’mon too after the “one of the best screenplays ever” raving. If anyone would platform for it I certainly thought Gotham would.

So many mixed-to-surprising signals from these noms. Just still a bit stunned by the Jockey shutout – not the omen I’d hoped for ofc, but I’m still on board.

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Was it eligible? I didn’t think it was.

Can someone clarify this? Clayton Davis says the 2 US producers makes belfast qualify?

If it qualified, this is a major snub.

Profile picture
    Grand Sprites
    Topics:

Paul Thomas Anderson wrote “Licorice Pizza,” along with directing and producing the film with Sara Murphy. The project, distributed by United Artists Releasing, was backed by MGM, in association with Bron Creative and Anderson’s Ghoulardi Film Company, and screened for select critics and journalists last week. Word so far is positive.

https://variety.com/feature/2022-oscars-best-original-screenplay-predictions-1235060483/

Doesn’t tell us much, because, duh, of course critics like the new Paul Thomas Anderson film! No word on how much they like it, which is what we really need to know, but it’s good to hear it isn’t his worst yet or anything.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Can someone clarify this? Clayton Davis says the 2 US producers makes belfast qualify? If it qualified, this is a major snub.

Gotham doesn’t usually go for these kinds of sentimental Oscar bait-y movies.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Yeah cause Gothams are such a great precursor and Belfast is totally their thing. LOL. Of course that these awards will nominate Pig and not belfast though Patel and Cage omissions are much worse than any belfast omission since their movies are Gotham’s thing.

Films that didn’t do all that well with critics (and had very similar MC scores to Belfast) have easily gotten their performances in at the Gothams in the past, from Glenn Close in The Wife (77MC), to Margot Robbie in I, Tonya (77MC). Hell, CODA got multiple nods and it has the same MC score. No idea why they snubbed Cage & Patel, but it’s…….pretty darn hard to argue a film that is supposed to be a the major frontrunner can just not show up and that is A-OK lol.

Kaziz has posted some much better and much more thorough explanations of the difference before haha.

Aw thanks! <3

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Gotham doesn’t usually go for these kinds of sentimental Oscar bait-y movies.

And this is precisely the thing though! The Gothams went for Spotlight, Moonlight, Birdman, Boyhood, Get Out as films. They’ve consistently nominated performances from super basic films if they’re eligible: Everything from Dallas Buyers Club to BlacKkKlansman to Ma Rainey did show up in at least one acting category in which there was a supposed frontrunner for a category (in this case, Balfe and Dowd in Supporting Actress if you think either are frontrunners or that Belfast is a BP frontrunner).

At the very least, Belfast should have shown up somewhere. It’s not so much about the Gothams but about critics groups too—people like Renee Zellweger (Judy), Mahershala Ali (Green Book) DID actually get quite a few critics prizes showing……there was some support there (Green Book as a film was 3rd only to Roma and The Favourite even with critics groups) so if you don’t expect that to happen to Belfast, either it’s not EVEN Green Book and it’ll still win, orrrrr…..it’s not as strong as pundits would have you believe :/

FYC:
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Belfast should have showed up at Gotham. It doesn’t have the Green Book excuse of missing since Green Book was ineligible there. I’ve always found the Belfast and Green Book parallel argument for wins to be faulty since Green Book was a studio film that didn’t need the critics push since it was distributed by a major film studio (Universal) that made a substantial amount of money in today’s standards. Belfast doesn’t have the big studio push or box office to win. It really needs at least a little critics push.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

And it may well get one. It won’t get ecstatic raves, but it will probably get at least moderate acclaim–which, depending on the mood of the Academy, may be all it needs.

But you’re right, I’m bearish on Belfast. Audience festival awards don’t count for everything.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

And it may well get one. It won’t get ecstatic raves, but it will probably get at least moderate acclaim–which, depending on the mood of the Academy, may be all it needs.

I mean…that’s what I AM expecting for a frontrunner. If it’s genuinely a frontrunner then yeah it’ll show up in critics awards SOMEWHERE. Green Book, Ali, Mortenson all showed up (Ali even led).

But if it’s not… yeah, I mean it’s just SUCH a pundit-driven frontrunner, I honestly don’t think Green Book was pundit-driven at all, it was more audience-driven. Pundits were saying Roma was the frontrunner pretty consistently after Telluride…

FYC:

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

The constant shoving of Belfast down everyone’s throats from pundits and Twitter awards folks is becoming insufferable. I gave a differing opinion on a tweet where someone said Belfast looks to be the frontrunner with King Richard close behind and having the possibility of going all the way, and I got a rather condescending GIF response back. I’m starting to feel total apathy towards Belfast.

FYC -
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, The Lost Daughter, Mass
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Fran Kranz
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Corey Hawkins, Jason Isaacs
    Supporting Actress: Ruth Negga, Kirsten Dunst, Rebecca Ferguson, Martha Plimpton, Ann Dowd
    O. Screenplay: Spencer, Mass
    A. Screenplay: The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter
    Score: Jonny Greenwood (Dog/Spencer)

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

So many mixed-to-surprising signals from these noms. Just still a bit stunned by the Jockey shutout – not the omen I’d hoped for ofc, but I’m still on board.

I’m def surprised too but to be fair…it feels like they got snubbed mostly for films that made it that I’ve literally never heard of and now will watch lol (how did I miss them?!? This year I’ve been following things fairly closely!) so maybe they’re justified, I dunno :/

FYC:

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

The constant shoving of Belfast down everyone’s throats from pundits and Twitter awards folks is becoming insufferable. I gave a differing opinion on a tweet where someone said Belfast looks to be the frontrunner with King Richard close behind and having the possibility of going all the way, and I got a rather condescending GIF response back. I’m starting to feel total apathy towards Belfast.

Oh yeah, it’s annoying. Especially King Richard–saying King Richard has a shot at winning Best Picture is like saying Darkest Hour did.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.