Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 13)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 509 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
loudtoilet
kaziz
kbc
  • Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

lol at eternals having a 85% rotten tomatoes score with a 6.7 average on that site. It seems like critics didn’t want to upset the mouse so while they were not enthusiastic about the movie, they still wanted their review to be considered “positive” on Rotten Tomatoes. The 61 on Metacritic is more reflective of the film’s quality.

“Different”

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

lol at eternals having a 85% rotten tomatoes score with a 6.7 average on that site. It seems like critics didn’t want to upset the mouse so while they were not enthusiastic about the movie, they still wanted their review to be considered “positive” on Rotten Tomatoes. The 61 on Metacritic is more reflective of the film’s quality.

The whole thing about Metacritic and RT is an interesting one. You can have a “rotten” rating at RT while considered as positive on Metacritic (Usually low 60s, which considered as green. In RT its usually 2.5/4)

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Zhao, you stupid! Honestly, one of my favorite directors whos film list would have been the female equivalent of Denis or Damien. This just tanked. 61% metactritic and 71% rottentomatoes – I expect it to go further down. Why did she have to do a Marvel flick, was there any need!!?!?!?

Anyhow, in typical Marvel fashion a potential Visual Effects nomination, that’s about it. Or it will get shunned out completely.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I feel bad for Chloé and the cast. Marvel movies already should’ve been panned a couple of times (Far From Home, Captain Marvel, Endgame, Age of Ultron, Black Widow,…) but critics have always been absolute sheeps to the Marvel machine. So it’s kinda sad to see her movie being the most criticized/lashed out of the bunch.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Damn, this sounds bad. I’m too bleary-eyed to read any of the reviews but is ANYTHING praised? Like….are there any techs that seem good to go?

I think critics are also subtly giving Kevin Feige the finger here tbh, but yeah I also believe that someone like Chloe Zhao probably shouldn’t have made a film like Eternals in particular. It’s FINE to make an MCU film but make an edgier one focused on a character—I dunno……Blade Runner, Moon Knight??

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Damn, this sounds bad. I’m too bleary-eyed to read any of the reviews but is ANYTHING praised? Like….are there any techs that seem good to go? I think critics are also subtly giving Kevin Feige the finger here tbh, but yeah I also believe that someone like Chloe Zhao probably shouldn’t have made a film like Eternals in particular. It’s FINE to make an MCU film but make an edgier one focused on a character—I dunno……Blade Runner, Moon Knight??

They’re liking the production design, but it read kind of generic like any other super-hero film. I don’t see anything other than visual effects getting a nomination – and that’s also hanging on life support. Eternals is DOA.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Damn, this sounds bad. I’m too bleary-eyed to read any of the reviews but is ANYTHING praised? Like….are there any techs that seem good to go?

If Matt Neglia take is representative of honest opinions on Eternals, It has all the techs and visual prowess (+Diverse cast), but apparently it got similar issues with Dune with the whole Exposition thing

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Lexa
    Topics:

It would be WILD, but so deserving and so inspiring if it happens. The movie lost me after about the first 2/3. It was the direction and the lead’s performance that kept me invested.

Hun, it would be GLORIOUS. Prime Minister might be right after all.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I feel bad for Chloé and the cast. Marvel already should’ve been panned a couple of times (Captain Marvel, Endgame,…) but critics have always been absolute sheeps to the Marvel machine. So it’s kinda sad to see her movie being the most criticized/lashed out of the bunch.

Captain Marvel, Black Widow, and GOTG 2 really deserved to be panned. I can’t help but feel critics were more harsh on Eternals since it was directed by a recent Academy Award winner. Anyways I hope critics are consistent with these negative reviews for future Marvel movies otherwise its just unjustified drubbing to Zhao’s work. I am sure Eternals is better than Black Widow from a stylistic view.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Kind of interesting, but King Richards started it with an RT score of 85%, it’s up to 93% now higher than a lot of released flicks in contention. It def seems like a mega crowd pleasure. I’m willing to bet 100% now it gets in for BP.

Profile picture
    HAL 9000
    Topics:

I feel bad for Chloé and the cast. Marvel movies already should’ve been panned a couple of times (The Dark World, Captain Marvel, Endgame, Age of Ultron, Black Widow,…) but critics have always been absolute sheeps to the Marvel machine. So it’s kinda sad to see her movie being the most criticized/lashed out of the bunch.

Absolutely. I refuse to believe a Zhao movie could be worse than an abomination like Black widow which got a better score all around.

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Captain Marvel, Black Widow, and GOTG 2 really deserved to be panned. I can’t help but feel critics were more harsh on Eternals since it was directed by a recent Academy Award winner. Anyways I hope critics are consistent with these negative reviews for future Marvel movies otherwise its just unjustified drubbing to Zhao’s work. I am sure Eternals is better than Black Widow from a stylistic view.

You’re right. There’s an RT review that mentions her in a negative way, because of her recent outings.

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

Some people out there predicting Ducournau to get a BD nom. I was like NO WAY a few days ago but I’m starting to see it lol

At this point I want it to happen just for FreemanGriffin’s reaction.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Eternals was never happening lol.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.