Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 16)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 16)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 531 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
kbc
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I won’t predict her but if The Souvenir Part II does well with critics groups (which it could, its critical raves are incredible), I can see Joanna Hogg be this year’s “foreign director nominee”.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Grunge
    Topics:

Thinking Lin Manuel Miranda getting a director nomination with the snobbish directors branch is ridiculous. By the way the fanboying for Tick Tick Boom is more obnoxious on Twitter maybe you can migrate there instead.

Well that was my take if you don’t like then thats fine by me. Making predictions is inherently a risky business everyone one of us could end up looking dead wrong in 6 months time no body really knows. Big risk/ big reward as they say.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I won’t predict her but if The Souvenir Part II does well with critics groups (which it could, its critical raves are incredible), I can see Joanna Hogg be this year’s “foreign director nominee”.

I can see her happening at the BAFTAs, but I don’t think the movie has enough visibility or buzz for her to happen at the Oscars.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

So many directors and actors are praising Titane. I’m confident Julia Docournau will be nominated for directing. Agathe Rousselle might also pop up in Best Actress as a surprise nom.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Agathe Rousselle might also pop up in Best Actress as a surprise nom.

I would be surprised. The actress race is insanely competitive.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I would be surprised. The actress race is insanely competitive.

I would be surprised too but she definitely delivers an incredible performance. I said she might be nominated bc her film has more exposure and support than films like Tammy Faye or Respect.

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Licorice up to 93% with 8 critic reviews so far in Metacritic and 100% in Rottentomatoes (few reviews there though), should be among the best rated in the BP line-up. Picture, Director, Screenplay and Actress for me is a yes. Maybe something else? Haim has been greatly received, she carries the movie.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Licorice Pizza opens with 99. Critics were always gonna love PTA. A remind that Spencer opened with 96

I think this will probably settle between 85-94

Still think this is not getting nominated for Best Picture. I know it’s a insane bet to make and I could always be wrong, but I’ll keep this prediction until I’m proven wrong. Unless it wins something at NBR other than Screenplay.

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Hoffman also being cited as a standout in a weak year for supporting actor nominees. Until I see the film I can’t see he’s in of course, but watch out.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I can see Licorice Pizza get in Director, Original Screenplay, Costumes, Production Design, Cinematography, (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood parallelism), and Editing.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Up to 94%. If it holds, it’ll be the highest rated of the big contenders. Anybody saw this coming? I knew it would do well, but these numbers are a bit surprising. IF it holds.

Profile picture
    Grand Sprites
    Topics:

Hoffman also being cited as a standout in a weak year for supporting actor nominees. Until I see the film I can’t see he’s in of course, but watch out.

He’s a lead, though.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

This is so winning Screenplay. Belfast is toast.

Profile picture
    film123
    Topics:

Belflop is over. Go Licorice Pizza and PTA.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I can see Licorice Pizza get in Director, Original Screenplay, Costumes, Production Design, Cinematography, (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood parallelism), and Editing.

I don’t see it happening. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was quite flashy. These categories are stacked. Tarantino has also been a more academy friendly director than PTA for years.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 531 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 16)’ is closed to new replies.