Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 17)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kbc
kaziz
pedrohf2001
  • Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

Campion once again won’t come close to being second here, the race is too much strong for ha, like Zhao would get snubbed in a heartbeat bad she competed this year. WSS is in both Picture and Director.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

Yeah. Campion has no chance against Denis Villeneuve and PTA. And now, if Spielberg momentum just peaks like crazy, she’s a 4th or 5th place

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

We will not stand for the Jane Campion erasure. She’s coming to win.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

I’m rooting for PTA or Denis honestly. I don’t see Campion winning at all but if she does good for her. These are 3 great picks

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Presuming at the moment that Thompson will find room for DeBose or Moreno in her supporting predix, at least. But, who’s gonna get bumped (Balfe/Dowd/Dunst/Ellis/Negga)? I’d take out Dowd myself, but I think she will likely hold on to her, and that the evictee might be Balfe after Thompson’s bouncing of Belfast out of the BD/OrigScr races. Let us pray (🙏) she keeps Negga (currently in Thompson’s “fifth slot”).

Could Thompson take her pivot away from Branagh’s film even further, and bounce out Belfast in favor of West Side Story in BP? It’s ranked above only Parallel Mothers and Being the Ricardos, which both at least have strong best-actress contenders to bolster them. We will see…

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Yeah. Campion has no chance against Denis Villeneuve and PTA. And now, if Spielberg momentum just peaks like crazy, she’s a 4th or 5th place

Campion is a bigger lock than both Villeneuve and PTA.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

More reactions

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Campion is a bigger lock than both Villeneuve and PTA.

Agreed, I feel she’s a bigger lock rn than anyone else this season, tbh, including Spielberg and Del Toro no matter how their films perform once the initial explosions of hype calm down.

FYC

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

You guys need to see Licorice Pizza before predicting it to take BP or BD. I actually think PTA might get snubbed since this category is getting really competitive.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

You guys need to see Licorice Pizza before predicting it to take BP or BD. I actually think PTA might get snubbed since this category is getting really competitive.

Agreed, and this for goes for other categories, including actress (overstuffed) and supporting actor (neither Thompson nor Vulture, who have both seen LP, are forecasting a nom for BCoop’s cameo, and I’m on their side – Clayton Davis, also someone who’s seen LP, agrees, fwiw – just throwing it in here, though he’s not on my preferred predictor list.)

Aside from a slot in original screenplay, I’m still uncertain re: LP’s chances and support beyond the critics’ groups – this could fall either way, but it also depends on the state of the rest of the field.

FYC

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

I actually really liked The Power of the Dog but I just don’t get the hype. I can’t say I won’t be happy if it’s snubbed in director just because of the way it’s been hyped all season has been insufferable.

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

And to all those people calling Belfast a flop. You all clearly don’t study the box office like I do. To know that there is a thing called box office pattern. And similar movies perform the about same at the box office.

The perfect comp for Belfast is the 1987 movie Hope and Glory another British coming of age film about a young boy growing up during the turbulent times of the second world war. It grossed only $10 million worldwide but was still nominated for Best Picture, Director and Screenplay.

Profile picture
    themisnnemesis
    Topics:

But Hope and Glory was nominated at many critics associations and festivals as best picture, including New York Film Critics Circle Awards, Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards, LFCC. Not seeing this happening to Belfast.

And no way Branagh is going to be nominated for director,

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

I actually really liked The Power of the Dog but I just don’t get the hype. I can’t say I won’t be happy if it’s snubbed in director just because of the way it’s been hyped all season has been insufferable.

This. All the hype is not understandable and it has got tiring already. The TPOTD stans will probably make it look like Campion is the frontrunner here on little forum, but I think Campion is just easy to snub. With the ammount of big movies coming in hot with really good reactions, I think the Academy will just have an orgasm with big movies FINALLY making their way into awards season.

Will the Academy give it to such a niche movie and director this year? This aint 2020. This year there’s much bigger stuff. If we had a 2020 again, Campion could win if it wasnt for Chloe. And TPOTD ain’t no Parasite. Like, by a mile. Not even close. People don’t care about TPOTD. Probably because they don’t know it exists. And it’s release on Netflix will be even softer than Tick Tick Boom.

Profile picture
    SaulAtreides
    Topics:

Agreed, I feel she’s a bigger lock rn than anyone else this season, tbh, including Spielberg and Del Toro no matter how their films perform once the initial explosions of hype calm down.

How is she more locked than Spielberg if this is one of his best movies, as reactions are indicating.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.