Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 18)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
pedrohf2001
kaziz
kbc
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

S&S is a UK publication, it’s likely these just weren’t screened here in time. See First Cow, The Father, Minari, Sound of Metal, Judas, Nomadland and Quo Vadis being 2020 US releases but 2021 UK releases.

Yes for Belfast, it will be released on January on UK. King Richard otherwise, it has already been released

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

As for TPOTD and it’s performance on Netflix. All I’ll say is.

So lots of Netflix subscribers watched the first 5 minutes of a new Netflix movie? Shocking.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

As for TPOTD and it’s performance on Netflix. All I’ll say is.

So lots of Netflix subscribers watched the first 5 minutes of a new Netflix movie? Shocking.

They changed their viewership reporting to hours actually.

Either way, I’m guessing you’re seething because you’re the one who very emphatically insisted it was NEVER GOING TO GET NEAR TOP 10, NOT EVEN LIKE PASSING.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Indiewire’s top 25 best films of the year has TPOTD at #1 and Licorice Pizza at #2.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    deemura
    Topics:

They changed their viewership reporting to hours actually.

I’m having a good time. Even with the new Netflix’ policy, Tpotd is trending in many countries, #4 world wide, #1 US, #2 Mexico, #3 Netherland, #4 Brazil, #10 Russia

Netflix’s ‘The Power of the Dog’ and Disney’s ‘The Last Duel’ Rocket to Top of Home Viewing Charts

Profile picture
    Qoslca
    Topics:

I know this probably has no bearing on the Oscars race at all whatsoever, but the Detroit Film Critics Society released their nominations today, and this is their Best Picture lineup:

• Belfast
    • CODA
    • Cyrano
    • Don’t Look Up
    • King Richard

No TPotD, Licorice Pizza, West Side Story, etc. and every year since 2007 they’ve nominated the eventual Oscars Best Picture winner. Just an interesting note….

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.” 🎥

Profile picture
    deemura
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Jane Campion the Champion!! Tpotd sweep!!</p>

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Absent: Belfast, The Last Duel, King Richard, Passing, Luca, The Rescue, Parallel Mothers, I’m Your Man, Tick Tick Boom and C’mon C’mon. Between this and the Cahiers list, The French Dispatch seems to be playing better with European critics.

Not surprising about The French Dispatch. It had a really positive response at LFF. I wonder if it could pull a Drive at BAFTA.

Out of all those absent only Belfast and Parallel Mothers are not 2021 releases in the UK. King Richard and Tick Tick Boom‘s snubs are really understandable because they don’t appeal to the arthouse sensibilities a publication like Sight and Sound have but the C’mon C’mon and Passing snubs are sheesh.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

I know this probably has no bearing on the Oscars race at all whatsoever, but the Detroit Film Critics Society released their nominations today, and this is their Best Picture lineup:

• Belfast
    • CODA
    • Cyrano
    • Don’t Look Up
    • King Richard

No TPotD, Licorice Pizza, West Side Story, etc. and every year since 2007 they’ve nominated the eventual Oscars Best Picture winner. Just an interesting note….

Some of the studios sent the screeners late. This lineup means nothing when the biggest competitors weren’t seen.

Profile picture
    bettedaviseyes
    Topics:

• Belfast
    • CODA
    • Cyrano
    • Don’t Look Up
    • King Richard

The Power of the Dog coming to break the trend then.

Profile picture
    Qoslca
    Topics:

Some of the studios sent the screeners late. This lineup means nothing when the biggest competitors weren’t seen.

The thing is, though, they have seen all the major contenders because they nominated Alana Haim for Best Actress, Kodi Smit-McPhee for Best Supporting Actor, both Rita Moreno and Ariana DeBose for Best Supporting Actress, The Power of the Dog for Adapted Screenplay, and Licorice Pizza for Original Screenplay…

I’m not saying I put any weight behind the Detroit Film Critics nominations, I’m just saying that it’s an interesting fact when you look at the history. Regardless, this Oscars race is only getting more and more exciting by the day!

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.” 🎥

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

It might…

Just because you & I both know undeserving films get in every year lol. Yes it’s not deserving… I actually think it’s a directorial mess. It has a crown jewel in Garfield and doesn’t use it properly, trying WAY too hard. Props to Garfield for rising above it somehow. There was no need to over-sentimentalize an already sentimental story 🤷🏽‍♂️

But I don’t think it will. TPOTD and DLU are locks, and I…maybe stubbornly, you can think I’m stupid…think The Lost Daughter (big Gothams winner, huge with critics, important and relevant) or Passing (big at HCA, huge with critics, probably the most important film of the year imo, social relevance is overwhelming). So 3 Netflix films?

Tick Tick Boom is the typical Oscar bait and critics are buying it.

Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

It might… Just because you & I both know undeserving films get in every year lol. Yes it’s not deserving… I actually think it’s a directorial mess. It has a crown jewel in Garfield and doesn’t use it properly, trying WAY too hard. Props to Garfield for rising above it somehow. There was no need to over-sentimentalize an already sentimental story 🤷🏽‍♂️ But I don’t think it will. TPOTD and DLU are locks, and I…maybe stubbornly, you can think I’m stupid…think The Lost Daughter (big Gothams winner, huge with critics, important and relevant) or Passing (big at HCA, huge with critics, probably the most important film of the year imo, social relevance is overwhelming). So 3 Netflix films?

i don’t undertands, if you think lost daughter can be nominated then why you have DLU as lock? it’s a big possibility that there are only two netflix nominees so if lost daughter have posibilites then by logic DLU can’t be a lock

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

Is TPOTD still number 1? There was some other new Netflix movie released on Friday. And also. Is TPOTD number in the combined movie and series list because that’s when you know a movie is a hit on Netflix. If it is number 1 or any number above Arcane, I’ll concede that audiences were interested in the movie. I’m asking because I waiting until Don’t Look Up to renew my subscription.

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

Or I can just check online.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.