Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 18)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
pedrohf2001
kaziz
kbc
  • Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

if i don’t remember wrong, Ma Rainey was a fake lock here last year. In the golderby rank was third lol

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Jesus Christ what is happening… in just 24 hours this whole race has become chaotic.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Has it, though? It may well just be that we’re making tempests in teapots.

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Has it, though? It may well just be that we’re making tempests in teapots.

Judging by most users post history, it has. I don’t want to embarrass anyone, but their predictions list isn’t the same it was 4 days ago… not even close.

If someone wants to be embarrassed just let me know.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Jesus Christ what is happening… in just 24 hours this whole race has become chaotic.

It’s much the same as before no? Licorice Pizza won NBR, a foreign film won NYFCC, mostly standard stuff… the only strange thing was NBR shutting out Power of the Dog but I think a lot of us already knew Power of the Dog would not win best picture….

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

i don’t undertands, if you think lost daughter can be nominated then why you have DLU as lock? it’s a big possibility that there are only two netflix nominees so if lost daughter have posibilites then by logic DLU can’t be a lock

No, I think 3 is perfectly fine. If there were for sure 10 last year, it’s likely Ma Rainey would’ve gotten in because apart from being a surprising “snub” it had the most nominations of any non-BP film.

And the Netflix films last year sucked. It’s a pretty great crop this year. And a varied one.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

It’s much the same as before no? Licorice Pizza won NBR, a foreign film won NYFCC, mostly standard stuff… the only strange thing was NBR shutting out Power of the Dog but I think a lot of us already knew Power of the Dog would not win best picture….

A lot of people were stanning Passing, they’re even taking out Negga. Didn’t have Westside in their top 10 or most categories, now it’s in tons of categories. They had Nightmare in several categories now they’re dropping it like a rat.

Now this forum is pretending they’re predictions gods and their list remains mostly the same.

It’s almost like how several users were saying KR would suck and not get a nomination, a couple of weeks ago. Now Smith is sweeping. LOL.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

A lot of people were stanning Passing, they’re even taking out Negga. Didn’t have Westside in their top 10 or most categories, now it’s in tons of categories. They had Nightmare in several categories now they’re dropping it like a rat.

Now this forum is pretending they’re predictions gods and their list remains mostly the same.

It’s almost like how several users were saying KR would suck and not get a nomination, a couple of weeks ago. Now Smith is sweeping. LOL.

Ah gotcha! West Side Story threw a wrench in my predictions for sure…

And I was one of those people sure that Nightmare Alley would be top 5 but guess I was wrong lol

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

I remember when I was trying argue the case for West Side Story and people were telling me about Last Night in Soho. Lol

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Why are some people so triggered by The Power of The Dog? It won 3 NYFCC awards, #1 in US on Netflix, #1 Indiewire Film Of The Year and won Satellite for Best Ensemble.

The Dog is here this season, deal with it.

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

Why are some people so triggered by The Power of The Dog? It won 3 NYFCC awards, #1 in US on Netflix, #1 Indiewire Film Of The Year and won Satellite for Best Ensemble. The Dog is here this season, deal with it.

Very triggered by a movie that they are convinced it’s not winning BP.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

A lot of people were stanning Passing, they’re even taking out Negga. Didn’t have Westside in their top 10 or most categories, now it’s in tons of categories. They had Nightmare in several categories now they’re dropping it like a rat. Now this forum is pretending they’re predictions gods and their list remains mostly the same. It’s almost like how several users were saying KR would suck and not get a nomination, a couple of weeks ago. Now Smith is sweeping. LOL.

I mean, OK? No one’s psychic. It’s not shameful to be wrong.

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

Guys. I just started Belfast and I’m like 8 minutes in and I’m already hooked. Loved the opening sequence with “Down to Joy” (definitely getting a best original song nomination BTW) and then the whole anti Catholic riot sequence after that perfectly sets up the stakes of the film and gives an insight to the surface level plot of the film and gets you invested from the get go. And it’s my favorite opening 10 minutes of any film this year even above Dune which is my favorite film that I’ve seen of the year so far.

From those scenes alone, I can feel Branagh’s direction and it doesn’t just feel like a script being acted out in front of a camera. And I’m not understanding why people think Branagh didn’t deliver as a director. Of course it could all go south in the next hour and a half but from what I’m seeing so far, he would be deserving of a Best Director nomination. And I’m obviously not saying he’s going to win. I still think that’s going to be Campion because, as I don’t know what the rules of judging directing are, my personal opinion of best directing is being a top 3 picture frontrunner plus having the best cinematography plus getting top notch performances from the cast (don’t have to be the best performances just to not have a bad performance). And in my opinion, TPOTD has the best cinematography of the year (and 5 out of the last 7 cinematography winning films also won director) and all of the cast was top notch and TPOTD is a top 3 picture frontrunner whether I like it or not, I think it is TPOTD is definitely winning director. I still don’t think TPOTD is winning Picture. But my point is that Branagh looks to be deserving of a nomination and I don’t know why people hate that fact.

Again it could all fall flat in the next hour and 30 minutes. So I’ll just go ahead and finish it and I’ll give my full unprofessional review tomorrow after I let it marinate for a while.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

And guys. What is happening with Swan Song? I honestly forgot about it until I just saw it mentioned in an article. Is it trying to be an Oscar contender or na?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.