Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 18)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
pedrohf2001
kaziz
kbc
  • Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Could be. But then there’s also Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri which was also mostly centred on three characters and went on to win SAG ensemble.

3BB was mostly centered on three characters for the first half, but it had plenty of other small supporting roles that were important to the story.

But you have a point. Curiously, the same year that The Favourite was snubbed they nominated A Star is Born, which was also focused on three characters (two for the most part).

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Sandra Bullock didn’t really have an Oscars scene in The Blind Side. If she can win, Smith can win. But Benny C is definitely winning the BAFTA. I can smell a Smith BAFTA snub coming.

The Blind Side made a shitload of money in the US, though.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And was a pop cultural phenomenon of a film at the time (for whatever weird reason) which suffice to say King Richard is not.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I’ve been so scared to do me and be me based on who I was friends with, but fuck it. No friends needed. No need to please anyone. It’s easier that way.

The Power Of The Dog is such a good movie, but let’s call a spade a spade. It’s a masterful acting piece that Cumberbatch delivered on and executed quite an example of what method acting can really turn out to be. Exquisite to look at, exciting to listen to, and a compelling supporting actress performance from Dunst.
    Other than that, NO it’s not deserving of a best picture win. It’s not deserving of screenplay when there was no real character development from anyone. If it wasn’t for the performance of Cumberbatch and Dunst, it would be below mediocre. NO, Kodi doesn’t deserve any kind of Oscar attention here. Barely worth a nomination.
    and NO Jane Campion should NOT win over Denis.

I agree with everything you said except for the Kodi part. I think the central trio was fantastic and carried the film.

I won’t be mad if Campion wins, but I think this film wasn’t really for me. It left me a bit empty and unsatisfied. There’s not much to say about it outside the performances imo.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Oh yeah, the box office is a big push and i think Will doesn’t have that with King Richard

Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

and NO Jane Campion should NOT win over Denis.

Dune has apparently already left my mind completely because I spent a solid minute wondering if Claire Denis had a late breaker or something

FYC:

Best Picture: C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion
    Actor: Joaquin Phoenix (C'mon C'mon), Andrew Garfield (Tick, Tick... Boom!)
    Supporting Actress: Gaby Hoffman (C'mon C'mon), Ann Dowd (Mass), Ruth Negga (Passing)
    Supporting Actor: Jason Isaacs (Mass), Robin de Jesús (Tick, Tick... Boom!)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

But you have a point. Curiously, the same year that The Favourite was snubbed they nominated A Star is Born, which was also focused on three characters (two for the most part).

They also nominated Beasts of No Nation (which only had three cast members credited on its nomination). SAG really do have a lot of bias for Netflix.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

Babe, I love your gif, but yeah, why would anyone in their right mind give it to Campion over Denis? And this is even before PTA, Sorkin, or Spielberg? Girl, you can have a beautiful film, but if there’s no character development or any kind of substance… Please, the nomination should suffice.

Me! Denis always leaves me kinda cold. No shade to him but we don’t really vibe

Erotic robe plaiting > giant butthole worm

FYC:

Best Picture: C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion
    Actor: Joaquin Phoenix (C'mon C'mon), Andrew Garfield (Tick, Tick... Boom!)
    Supporting Actress: Gaby Hoffman (C'mon C'mon), Ann Dowd (Mass), Ruth Negga (Passing)
    Supporting Actor: Jason Isaacs (Mass), Robin de Jesús (Tick, Tick... Boom!)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Monitoring what’s number one doesn’t matter in the slightest.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.