Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 19)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 508 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
Babylonian
pedrohf2001
  • Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

TPOTD has a lot of passion but also a lot of respect & appreciation for the art. That is good for you on a preferential ballot.

And I say again, the recent winners, Moonlight, Shape of Water & Parasite has turned on its head what a BP winner is. AMPAS is willing to go subtle, challenging, dark, auteur.

La La Land & 1917 are two good examples of easily digestible films that the Academy would traditionally go for in BP, and they didn’t.

Lol none of those films have anything in common with Power of the Bored.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Izabela Marciniak
    Topics:

Nominations from Washington

http://www.dcfilmcritics.com/awards/

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

No point trying to have a sophisticated argument about the diversity of Best Picture winners with some.

Great showing for TPOTD in those noms.

Profile picture
    MD
    Topics:

Happy for POTD and Tessa.

Btw are underestimating tick, tick…BOOM!? It kind of showed up everywhere until now.

Profile picture
    SaulAtreides
    Topics:

Happy for POTD and Tessa. Btw are underestimating tick, tick…BOOM!? It kind of showed up everywhere until now.

I have TTB in actor and BP personally, I feel that’s about right as of now.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

It looks like DLU was snubbed. Is it a release date thing?

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

I have TTB in actor and BP personally, I feel that’s about right as of now.

Agree. And I’m willing to risk on De Jesus for a supporting nomination. Fuck it.

Idk that the Academy will nominate both Belfast boys. That seems ridiculous. I feel like De Jesus and Troy cam happen

Profile picture
    SaulAtreides
    Topics:

Agree. And I’m willing to risk on De Jesus for a supporting nomination. Fuck it. Idk that the Academy will nominate both Belfast boys. That seems ridiculous. I feel like De Jesus and Troy cam happen

Actually now that I’m checking it’s also getting a lot of adapted screenplay noms, probably worth adding that too.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

My problem with Tick, Tick…BOOM! is that whilst not made on a small scale, it feels very much like a small film? Its buzz feels very limited to Garfield and De Jesus rather than anything else.

Of course anything can happen and it is interesting seeing it get so many critical mentions so far. We’ll have to wait and see if it can keep up this momentum. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it turn up at SAG with an ensemble nod personally.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

I’m thinking of slotting in “Tick tick Boom” instead of “Being the Ricardos” or “Spencer”… Do you think Washington critics have watched “Don’t Look Up” or “Nightmare Alley”?

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I think Tick Tick… Boom will do really well at Critics Choice because, for some reason, pundits and Film Twitter are in love with this film, but I doubt it will get traction outside of Garfield (and even him I’m not so sold)

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

I’m thinking of slotting in “Tick tick Boom” instead of “Being the Ricardos” or “Spencer”… Do you think Washington critics have watched “Don’t Look Up” or “Nightmare Alley”?

I think they have…If Netflix sent screeners to Detroit critics, they wouldn’t miss Washington which is a far more important group. But judging by their nominations history they are not McKay fans.

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

I think there is a possibility where Nightmare Alley could be snubbed almost entirely. I could see West Side Story edging it out, and also films like Tick Tick Boom and CODA replacing it.

Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

These critics groups really want me to get my hopes up on TTB. I’m a big supporter of the movie but I’m scared the momentum will halt once Netflix gets eyes in front of Don’t Look Up

FYC:

Best Picture: C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion
    Actor: Joaquin Phoenix (C'mon C'mon), Andrew Garfield (Tick, Tick... Boom!)
    Supporting Actress: Gaby Hoffman (C'mon C'mon), Ann Dowd (Mass), Ruth Negga (Passing)
    Supporting Actor: Jason Isaacs (Mass), Robin de Jesús (Tick, Tick... Boom!)

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

No point trying to have a sophisticated argument about the diversity of Best Picture winners with some.

Great showing for TPOTD in those noms.

Lol. There is nothing diverse about TPOTD, try again.

The ignore button is right there. Bye bye.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 19)’ is closed to new replies.