Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 19)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 508 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
Babylonian
pedrohf2001
  • Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

CODA needs to be in the top 10, just finished and it’s an absolutely beautiful film. The scene after the recital just broke my heart.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

There’s no tracker yet so I thought I’d do a preliminary thing (should we have a thread on here that’s keeping a running tracker? 

Metacritic

Oscars FYC:
    Belfast (Pic, Balfe, Dornan, Hinds, Screenplay)
    CODA (Kotsur, Screenplay)
    Dune (Pic, Villeneuve, Screenplay, Cinematography, Editing, Production Design, Sound, VFX)
    Free Guy (VFX)
    Passing (Negga)
    The Power of the Dog (Pic, Campion, Cumberbatch, Dunst, Smit-McPhee, Screenplay, Cinematography, Editing)
    tick, tick, Boom! (Garfield)
    West Side Story (Pic, Spielberg, Zegler, DeBose, Moreno, Faist, Screenplay, Cinematography, Costume, Editing, Production Design, Sound)

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Oh dear, some one doesn’t know the difference between diversity between films & diversity within a film.

Profile picture
    deemura
    Topics:

Yeah the score dropped too fast in just one day and they’ve been encouraging others on Twitter to go on the movie’s pages on different sites and rate it 1. Lunatic behavior.

Not just that, ever since the trailer was released, there are many dudebros in the comment saying things like ‘so this is a gay cowboy? Why everything has to be woke’. Not to mention, days ago Benedict Cumberbatch kinda poked the hives with his comment on toxic masculinity ‘we have to fix the behaviour of man’. They’re mad!!

Also there’s a few of Joaquin Phoenix’ fans who were parroting the same thing PETA said. So if the audience score dropped, no one’s surprised. Even when this film was still in Venice, people who hadn’t seen it already gave it low score on letterboxd too.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Oh dear, some one doesn’t know the difference between diversity between films & diversity within a film.

O dear, someone thinks that they are so smart. Did I say anything about the diversity of the people involved with the film? Nope. How sad that you think you are above everyone else. You sound like a snob boo.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Not just that, ever since the trailer was released, there are many dudebros in the comment saying things like ‘so this is a gay cowboy? Why everything has to be woke’. Not to mention, days ago Benedict Cumberbatch kinda poked the hives with his comment on toxic masculinity ‘we have to fix the behaviour of man’. They’re mad!!

Also there’s a few of Joaquin Phoenix’ fans who were parroting the same thing PETA said. So if the audience score dropped, no one’s surprised. Even when this film was still in Venice, people who hadn’t seen it already gave it low score on letterboxd too.

It’s how it is these days, for every gay, black and trans character that appears in any movie the far right will label that movie as woke, i found the intentions from PETA to trying canceled Cumberbatch hilarious 🤣, did they really made a research or they just took Cumberbatch words out of context? I prefer Cumberbatch to win than the typical oscar bait biopics from Smith, Bardem and Garfield.

Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

It’s a shame Therapy is not an original song because that would’ve been my winner.

I just love movies. And awards.

Profile picture
    irinacx
    Topics:

When I first watched The Power Of The Dog I thought it was so boring and didn’t like it but I rewatched it last night and I now love it… weird lol I usually like a film less if I watch it again. Maybe I was really tired when I watched it 🤔

I watched Belfast today and the only thing I liked about it was Balfe’s performance. I’ve been hearing the word ‘crowdpleaser’ thrown around a lot but I didn’t think it was really entertaining, at least not like King Richard. It’s probably my least favorite movie based on what I’ve seen so far that could get nominated. Nomadland was also my least favorite out of all the nominees last year… if my least favorite wins once again I’ll be pissed lol

But who knows my opinion might also change on a rewatch 🤷🏻‍♀️

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Just saw King Richard.

Now THIS was a crowd pleaser….even though I watched it from the comfort of my home. lol. Starting with an incredible performance by Will Smith who is rightfully the frontrunner. His performance was so powerful lived in….and I completely believed him as Richard Williams….I didn’t see movie star Will Smith at all. I hope he gets the Oscar.

Equally as good was Aunjanue Ellis. She is one of the best actresses working right now…and this performance was yet ANOTHER example of that. She brought gravitas and warmth to this film. What a beautiful lived in performance. I hope she wins the Oscar too.

I loved the cinematography. All the performances by the daughters were great. This film reminded me of the when I first saw Slumdog Millionaire…just a great, warm, heartfelt story of triumph. Great film.

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

Am I crazy or was The Power of the Dog not nominated as a Top Ten Film of the year by the National Board of Review?

Anyways 7 of my top 10 made it. So I’m happy.

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

Ariana DeBose > Kirsten Dunst

Profile picture
    allabout oscars
    Topics:

Best Picture
    West Side Story
    Power of The Dog
    Belfast
    Licorice Pizza
    Nightmare Alley
    Don’t Look Up
    King Richard
    The Tragedy of Macbeth
    CMon, CMon
    The Lost Daughter

Best Director
    Steven Spielberg
    Jane Campion
    Kenneth Branagh
    Paul Thomas Anderson
    Adam McCay

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

Scarlett Johansson (Jojo Rabbit) > or = Catriona Balfe (Belfast) > Marina de Tavira (Roma)

So basically, Balfe can and should be nominated. Dench was great but doesn’t need to be nominated, same for Dornan. BUT Ciaran Hinds needs to be nominated and I will forever die on this hill. If Anthony Hopkins (who passed on the role) was the one playing the role, I’m sure most people would have been predicting him to win.

Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

Best Picture West Side Story Power of The Dog Belfast Licorice Pizza Nightmare Alley Don’t Look Up King Richard The Tragedy of Macbeth CMon, CMon The Lost Daughter Best Director Steven Spielberg Jane Campion Kenneth Branagh Paul Thomas Anderson Adam McCay

How to let us know you hate Dune without saying it. Lol

But in all seriousness. I love your top 10 and it’s inspired me to make a change in mine.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

I finally watched “Belfast”. I can understand why many are charmed by the movie, but personally I feel rather tepid about it. Branagh’s stagey directorial choices (how everything looked and felt purposefully fake in the production design, from the street to the cinema) didn’t help: I couldn’t connect with these characters. Not the cute kid, not the hot father, not the charming mother, nobody. I hated the Van Morrison songs that played every few minutes and I can’t stand that “do not forsake me oh my darling” song from “High Noon”. I also found the humour a bit cheesy and forced. To sum it up, there’s nothing spontaneous about this movie and that’s what bothered me.

That said, Balfe’s performance is good for what she’s given (especially that emotional scene in the bus with Dornan). I am okay if she’s nominated, but I don’t think she’s win worthy. Hinds and Dornan are in a less competitive race so they can both get in, but they’re not transcendent by any means.

This is just my opinion about the movie, so there’s no need to attack me if you really liked “Belfast”.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 19)’ is closed to new replies.