Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 503 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Netflix is pushing so hard for that movie, you think they will ruin their chance by not adhering to rules lol. Critics might notice and criticise it/might derail it’s momentum. I honestly think power of the dog is gonna be like Marriage Story, don’t look up the Irishman for Netflix in terms of Oscar noms and wins.
    Also the rules will come into impact later I believe. Not for this year.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

To achieve Standard A, the film must meet ONE of the following criteria: (…)

A2. General ensemble cast At least 30% of all actors in secondary and more minor roles are from at least two of the following underrepresented groups:

Women
    Racial or ethnic group
    LGBTQ+
    People with cognitive or physical disabilities, or who are deaf or hard of hearing
    A3. Main storyline/subject matter The main storyline(s), theme or narrative of the film is centered on an underrepresented group(s).

Women
    Racial or ethnic group
    LGBTQ+
    People with cognitive or physical disabilities, or who are deaf or hard of hearing

To achieve Standard B, the film must meet ONE of the criteria below:

B1. Creative leadership and department heads At least two of the following creative leadership positions and department heads — Casting Director, Cinematographer, Composer, Costume Designer, Director, Editor, Hairstylist, Makeup Artist, Producer, Production Designer, Set Decorator, Sound, VFX Supervisor, Writer — are from the following underrepresented groups:

Women
    Racial or ethnic group
    LGBTQ+

B2. Other key roles At least six other crew/team and technical positions (excluding Production Assistants) are from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group. These positions include but are not limited to First AD, Gaffer, Script Supervisor, etc.

B3. Overall crew composition At least 30% of the film’s crew is from the following underrepresented groups:

Women
    Racial or ethnic group
    LGBTQ+

To achieve Standard C, the film must meet BOTH criteria below:

C1. Paid apprenticeship and internship opportunities

The film’s distribution or financing company has paid apprenticeships or internships that are from the following underrepresented groups and satisfy the criteria below:

Women
    Racial or ethnic group
    LGBTQ+

C2. Training opportunities and skills development (crew) The film’s production, distribution and/or financing company offers training and/or work opportunities for below-the-line skill development to people from the following underrepresented groups:

Women
    Racial or ethnic group
    LGBTQ+

To achieve Standard D, the film must meet the criterion below:

D1. Representation in marketing, publicity, and distribution The studio and/or film company has multiple in-house senior executives from among the following underrepresented groups (must include individuals from underrepresented racial or ethnic groups) on their marketing, publicity, and/or distribution teams.

Women
    Asian
    Hispanic/Latinx
    Black/African American
    Indigenous/Native American/Alaskan Native
    Middle Eastern/North African
    Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
    Other underrepresented race or ethnicity
    LGBTQ+

Do you even read your own damn sources 💀💀💀

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

The lack of diversity in TPOTD will alone hurt it’s chances in the Oscars. Not a single POC in the cast

Some users just want TPOTD to be a frontrunner so Kirsten Dunst can finally get a nomination. Lol the stanning is so transparent.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Tpotd is competing in Venice and is the nyff centerpiece based on our knowledge. It has more going for it than other expected contenders regardless of Dunst happening or not.
    Obviously some movies like Gucci , don’t look up and nightmare alley aren’t finished yet so we can’t say the race is over.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Some users just want TPOTD to be a frontrunner so Kirsten Dunst can finally get a nomination. Lol the stanning is so transparent.

Like there can’t be a legitimate reason for it being the frontrunner? I’m not a Kirsten stan, but I think the movie is definitely a top tier contender

FYC

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

I think this is finally going to be Netflix’s year. They have two top contenders with Don’t Look Up and The Power of the Dog, with the other major contenders being Nightmare Alley and House of Gucci.

We can’t rule out Nightmare Alley based on the track record of the three amigos, and House of Gucci has huge crowdpleaser potential (even though it could easily be a turkey). Netflix must be rubbing their hands right about now.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Like there can’t be a legitimate reason for it being the frontrunner? I’m not a Kirsten stan, but I think the movie is definitely a top tier contender

TPOTD is definitely a contender. And I wasn’t specifically targeting you. But there are some whose obvious adoration for Kirsten Dunst has clouded their judgement regarding possibility vs reality.

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

I never said DiCaprio has bad taste. And it’s true: most people will kill to have DiCaprio’s career. It’s true too what I wrote: He plays it safe. He NEVER is making a crazy movie like Joaquin Phoenix or even Bale did. Leo plays it safe and works for him

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I’m feeling The Power of the Dog will be the main push from Netflix. It wouldn’t go to so many festivals if it they didn’t feel it’s going to live up to the hype.

Glad to see that Jane Campion could become the first woman to be nominated for a second time in Directing. She deserves it after making history with The Piano.

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

About the new laws: aren’t that difficult to achieve. You have 2 people in key areas. For example: THE LAST DUEL has 3 people: Nicole is Producing and Writing and the Only Editor is Female too. HOUSE OF GUCCI has 2 people: Female Sole Editor and Giannina Scott is Producing. NOT that difficult to achieve. You only need 2 people in 2 important areas

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

I’m feeling The Power of the Dog will be the main push from Netflix. It wouldn’t go to so many festivals if it they didn’t feel it’s going to live up to the hype. Glad to see that Jane Campion could become the first woman to be nominated for a second time in Directing. She deserves it after making history with The Piano.

The Power of the Dog is the lower profile Netflix push, like Marriage Story, that they have to send out to a bunch of festivals to build buzz. Don’t Look Up is the higher profile Netflix push, like The Irishman, that sells itself because of all the big names involved and doesn’t really need any festivals to get awards attention.

Don’t Look Up is definitely Netflix’s main pony this year. Maybe The Power of the Dog can become their main push if it gets more Oscar nominations.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

The Power of the Dog is the lower profile Netflix push, like Marriage Story, that they have to send out to a bunch of festivals to build buzz. Don’t Look Up is the higher profile Netflix push, like The Irishman, that sells itself because of all the big names involved and doesn’t really need any festivals to get awards attention. Don’t Look Up is definitely Netflix’s main pony this year. Maybe The Power of the Dog can become their main push if it gets more Oscar nominations.

This is not what I’ve heard. I’ve been told that they’re planning big things for Power of the Dog and even Tick Tick Boom… but I haven’t heard anything about Don’t Look Up. Nothing that hasn’t been shared on these forums already. I don’t know what they’re doing and they don’t seem to be helping us

FYC

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.