Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

House of Gucci now has verified social media accounts, seems like the trailer drop might actually be happening.

https://twitter.com/HouseOfGucciMov

That will be three solid days of trending for Adam Driver.

Profile picture
    winslets
    Topics:

the movie account has been created.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Can we talk about Passing and The Lost Daughter? Any news there George Ehret? Is The Lost Daughter being acquired? Because if it is—the Lead Actress race is over. Olivia Colman is winning her 2nd Oscar.

I know nothing more about The Lost Daughter than everyone else on this site. I honestly didn’t know if it was coming out this year

As far as Passing goes, I heard it was re-edited and Netflix wants to push Tessa and Ruth (Tessa Lead, Ruth Supporting). I saw the Sundance cut, and I can confirm that these are the correct placements.

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I don’t think the major plot points or ending have been given away (the post above just made some up). It is about sexual repression, that’s in the synopsis and it’s there from the beginning in the novel tbh, so I wouldn’t consider it a spoiler. I will keep trying my best not to spoil it because it’s too good to spoil.

Sorry, you’ve been fine! You’ve actually been very helpful when it comes to my awards analysis of PotD. I was mainly referring to the guy who posted above me. But if you say he made everything up, then everything’s fine then!

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

the movie account has been created.

Running the social media campaign for that movie must be the easiest job in the world.

FYC - Oscars 2022:
    NINE DAYS in all categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Winston Duke)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Zazie Beetz)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Benedict Wong)

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    winslets
    Topics:

Running the social media campaign for that movie must be the easiest job in the world.

Driver and Gaga’s stans will do the media campaign for MGM

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Critics Choice member Grace Randolph said the House of Gucci trailer is coming tomorrow
    https://mobile.twitter.com/GraceRandolph/status/1420505348306358277

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Driver and Gaga’s stans will do the media campaign for MGM

Driver has already been trending on Twitter for two days… add in the Gaga factor and it’s going to be everywhere.

Grace Randolph says she’s confirmed the trailer will be tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/GraceRandolph/status/1420505348306358277

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

lol yeah i’d love that job honestly. just mute my notifications while everybody pops off.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

People have SO much faith in Ridley Scott they predict him to get in two films as Best Picture nominees, multiple acting nominees from both. It boggles the mind how much of a statistical unlikelihood they’re riding on.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Okay. Woah. So now The Power of the Dog is at TIFF, Venice, NYFF centerpiece. And Telluride too, because TIFF announced it as a special presentation as a “Canadian Premiere.”

All FOUR?! Holy moly

What…does this mean? What was the last film that played this many festivals? I can’t help but think of Nomadland which all 4 decided to debut on the same day (they could do that because they couldn’t have the regular fests)

FYC:

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

is POTD competitive for TIFF??

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Nectar
    Topics:

Okay. Woah. So now The Power of the Dog is at TIFF, Venice, NYFF centerpiece. And Telluride too, because TIFF announced it as a special presentation as a “Canadian Premiere.”

All FOUR?! Holy moly

What…does this mean? What was the last film that played this many festivals? I can’t help but think of Nomadland which all 4 decided to debut on the same day (they could do that because they couldn’t have the regular fests)

Power of the Dog sweep incoming? 👀

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Okay. Woah. So now The Power of the Dog is at TIFF, Venice, NYFF centerpiece. And Telluride too, because TIFF announced it as a special presentation as a “Canadian Premiere.” All FOUR?! Holy moly What…does this mean? What was the last film that played this many festivals? I can’t help but think of Nomadland which all 4 decided to debut on the same day (they could do that because they couldn’t have the regular fests)

Marriage Story played all four, was NYFF Centrepiece and also premiered in London.

If Cumberbatch does get the Telluride tribute then it’s a pretty much identical festival run (exactly the same if TPOTD ends up on the LFF lineup).

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

is POTD competitive for TIFF??

Yes, I believe it is.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.