Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonosia/status/1420578586927505410

A24 created an account for C’mon C’mon. People are saying that the movie is going to Telluride.

Probably it will be A24 priority. I’d keep an eye on it with Joaquin Phoenix and how well they handled Minari.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Josh Horowitz interviewed Matt Damon for his podcast and he had this to say about Comer and Driver: ”You’re gonna be a bigger fan of Jodie’s after you see this movie, she’s incredible. There’s a certain amount of gratitude you feel as a writer when actors make your stuff better and I walked away from Adam and Jodie just going I literally can’t thank you enough.” – Matt Damon

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonosia/status/1420578586927505410 A24 created an account for C’mon C’mon. People are saying that the movie is going to Telluride. Probably it will be A24 priority. I’d keep an eye on it with Joaquin Phoenix and how well they handled Minari.

Seems like another year which A24 might falter through having too many options, whereas they’ve shone with Moonlight and Minari because they focused so much attention on the one film’s campaign. At the minute they have Tragedy of Macbeth, C’mon C’mon, The Humans and Red Rocket. They might even want to push Green Knight in techs, I dunno. There’s even After Yang, but that seems less likely. I think they’ll focus most of the attention on Macbeth, given the names involved and the fact it’s already got a festival showing set up. Not sure what they’ll do with Red Rocket. C’mon C’mon and The Humans both feel like they could be good plays for Acting and Screenplay categories, but I’m not sure A24 can juggle three films above the line. Despite that, C’mon C’mon sounds good, I really rate Mills and it looks like a good role for Phoenix, so I’m rooting for it.

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

Seems like another year which A24 might falter through having too many options, whereas they’ve shone with Moonlight and Minari because they focused so much attention on the one film’s campaign. At the minute they have Tragedy of Macbeth, C’mon C’mon, The Humans and Red Rocket. They might even want to push Green Knight in techs, I dunno. There’s even After Yang, but that seems less likely. I think they’ll focus most of the attention on Macbeth, given the names involved and the fact it’s already got a festival showing set up. Not sure what they’ll do with Red Rocket. C’mon C’mon and The Humans both feel like they could be good plays for Acting and Screenplay categories, but I’m not sure A24 can juggle three films above the line. Despite that, C’mon C’mon sounds good, I really rate Mills and it looks like a good role for Phoenix, so I’m rooting for it.

I believe I read somewhere “After Yang” is a 2022 release.

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

I believe I read somewhere “After Yang” is a 2022 release.

Ah, maybe. Would make sense really, their slate is packed if they’re also releasing Macbeth, The Humans, Red Rocket, C’mon C’mon, The Souvenir, Lamb, Pleasure and The Green Knight.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ah, maybe. Would make sense really, their slate is packed if they’re also releasing Macbeth, The Humans, Red Rocket, C’mon C’mon, The Souvenir, Lamb, Pleasure and The Green Knight.

Not to mention they also have Zola (which I doubt comes anywhere near the Oscars but it might be something that picks up a Spirit nomination or two for them).

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

I don’t know about that, at least The Tragedy of Macbeth and The Humans are already confirmed for festivals, respectively New York and Toronto.

C’Mon C’Mon doesn’t even have that (Telluride is only rumored).

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

Giving me American Hustle vibes…but better! SAG Ensemble nomination incoming.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

So Selma Hayek will not be competitive in supporting actress category then?

Gaga looks fierce!

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

So Selma Hayek will not be competitive in supporting actress category then? Gaga looks fierce!

I assume this first drop of posters is focusing on the actors playing characters named Gucci.

We might get secondary posters later.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

The word in the Tweet that accompanies the posters means ‘this evening’.

So depending on what time zone they mean, trailer either very soon or a few hours away.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I don’t know about that, at least The Tragedy of Macbeth and The Humans are already confirmed for festivals, respectively New York and Toronto.

C’Mon C’Mon doesn’t even have that (Telluride is only rumored).

Then why don’t push C’mon C’mon for 2022 ? I think it will be more Oscar friendly than both these movies.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Between In the Heights, West Side Story, and Dear Evan Hansen we better get at least 1 musical nomination in Best Picture.

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Between In the Heights, West Side Story, and Dear Evan Hansen we better get at least 1 musical nomination in Best Picture.

I’d say West Side Story is the likeliest. ITH did poorly at the box office and is unlikely to be remembered come March. Evan Hansen looks pretty poor. I don’t have much faith in WSS personally, but at the minute it’s ahead of those two.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.