Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 503 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

“The Power of the Dog” – December 24

Bit depressing for Christmas lol.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

I’m one of Ridley Scott’s biggest, most stubborn defenders but wow, that Gucci trailer did not impress me. Looks like everything I was afraid of.

Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

I don’t know, maybe Campion has reworked it so it’s now a fun comedy about a brother who brings his new wife home over the holidays and Cumberbatch gets into lots of wacky schenanigans trying to ruin their Christmas…..

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

So the Gucci trailer. Of all the trailers released this year it certainly is one of them!

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

LMFAOOOOOO I actually spat out my water

I’m pretty sure that’ll be the streaming date—so in the case it goes for theatrical release Dec 1st-ish?

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

So the Gucci trailer. Of all the trailers released this year it certainly is one of them!

Hahahahahahaha

FYC:

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Is TPOTD strong enough to win first place for TIFF People Choice Awars prize? Previous winners have been crowd pleasers (Jojo Rabbit, Green Book, La La Land). I’m not sure if The Humans is a crowdpleaser to win since i’m not familiar with the source material. I suppose Belfast could take it but it seems like a flop.

I’m thinking The Worst Person in the World has a good shot at the top 3.

I’m thinking Last Night in Soho. Maybe Petite Maman?

I wish. If Petite Maman pulled that off, it would actually be a contender. I can’t see that happening though.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I wish. If Petite Maman pulled that off, it would actually be a contender. I can’t see that happening though.

It seems like lighter fare than A Portrait of a Lady on Fire. And now people will know to look for Celine Sciamma!

FYC:

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

The Last Duel looks better than House of Gucci, but I think neither will be huge players. Let’s see.

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

You guys are so boring

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

It seems like lighter fare than A Portrait of a Lady on Fire. And now people will know to look for Celine Sciamma!

Lighter, but also less “important” and traditionally dramatic. And while I’ll probably love it more than Portrait since it feels like it was designed perfectly for my taste, Portrait was one of the most acclaimed films of the decade while Petite Maman isn’t quite at that level of acclaim and buzz.

Profile picture
    winslets
    Topics:

gaga is here to stay

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

gaga is here to stay

She looked great! I’m not sure how the movie will do overall on nominations but I think she gets in.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

I think this is finally going to be Netflix’s year. They have two top contenders with Don’t Look Up and The Power of the Dog, with the other major contenders being Nightmare Alley and House of Gucci. We can’t rule out Nightmare Alley based on the track record of the three amigos, and House of Gucci has huge crowdpleaser potential (even though it could easily be a turkey). Netflix must be rubbing their hands right about now.

I loved the House of Gucci trailer, it looks like so much campy fun which I’m all for, but I think we can rule it out for a Best Picture win, right?

That leaves Don’t Look Up, The Power of the Dog, and Nightmare Alley as the movies I can easily see winning Best Picture.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Aside from Clayton Davis, no one was predicting House of Gucci to win Best Picture.

And it doesn’t make sense to talk about which one will win now. We’re still at the very beginning of the race.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.