Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Aside from Clayton Davis, no one was predicting House of Gucci to win Best Picture. And it doesn’t make sense to talk about which one will win now. We’re still at the very beginning of the race.

Of course it does, we’re on Gold Derby and blind speculation is what we do! Lol

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I loved the House of Gucci trailer, it looks like so much campy fun which I’m all for, but I think we can rule it out for a Best Picture win, right? That leaves Don’t Look Up, The Power of the Dog, and Nightmare Alley as the movies I can easily see winning Best Picture.

Dune can win.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

ENCOUNTERS (Amazon) Director: Michael Pearce Screenplay: Original Lead Actor: Riz Ahmed Lead Actress: Octavia Spencer

I’m sold.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Have no faith in House of Gucci getting in Best Picture but the 10 mandatory Best Picture slot benefits this film so much as I am having trouble finding a filler nominee in place of it.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Not sold on Gucci based on the trailer beyond Costumes and Hair & Make-up to be honest, but as others have said it doesn’t look finished yet so I won’t judge it too much. The accents seem… interesting. Colour palette looks really odd. Sort of find myself reverting to my earlier stance on it just getting those tech nods, but it will probably prove popular and could easily get 3 acting nods, securing a Picture nod in the expanded field. It does look like quite a lot of fun though, I’m excited to see it even though my Oscar expectations have fallen a bit.

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

But Dune can’t. Suuure. I was right that part of Dune hate is induced by Marvelites who are afraid of its stealing Eternals thunder. Double standard there. Also, last time I checked, Vin Diesel tweeted that some F&F movie was going to win Best Picture too.

What?  I’ve kept saying that Dune is one of the big SAG contenders.  I have it #1 for Best Picture and all the big 3 guild awards. What’s your problem?

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

There must be a mistake about Power of The Dog release date, the writer must have confused it with “24th November”.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

There must be a mistake about Power of The Dog release date, the writer must have confused it with “24th November”.

No I’m pretty sure 24th Dec is streaming release date which would mean 1st Dec-ish would be its theatrical release date.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

As soon as The Lost Daughter gets in the prediction center, I will be replacing House of Gucci with it. I currently have The Humans for the 10th slot but I don’t think A24 can get both that film and Macbeth in.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Paucity of female directors in the mix this year. Campion can’t be the only strong contender but she seems to be? I think Rebecca Hall could be a strong contender, but people seem to think Sian Heder’s really strong, which I don’t fully get.

I’m slotting in tick, tick…Boom! and Passing.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    The Oscarguy
    Topics:

Paucity of female directors in the mix this year. Campion can’t be the only strong contender but she seems to be? I think Rebecca Hall could be a strong contender, but people seem to think Sian Heder’s really strong, which I don’t fully get.

I’m slotting in tick, tick…Boom! and Passing.

I don’t get why people keep predicting Passing. I don’t sense any passion for it.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Slightly unrelated to bp race but does anyone know about the song Ariana/Kid Cudi recorded for Don’t look up. Was it part of the movie during test screening.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

`Dune

HoG

The Power of the Dog

Don’t Look Up

look like keepers to me.

Disney backlash over cheating their talent out of their money could hit Eternals, not that the movie had better shot than a filler spot.

Also, for everyone who predicts Eternals to take SAG based on diversity, reminder that SAG picked Chicago 7 over diversity choices such as Ma Rainey’s, One Night in Miami, Minari and forgot  what else was nominated.  So it’s fifty/fifty not a sure thing and, as discussed already, they may pick a different cast.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.