Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Yeah I’ve been wondering why we stopped talking about Last Night in Soho. I’ve long thought that’s a People’s Choice Award player (TIFF audiences aren’t exactly typical audiences)

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Yeah I’ve been wondering why we stopped talking about Last Night in Soho. I’ve long thought that’s a People’s Choice Award player (TIFF audiences aren’t exactly typical audiences)

Because we dont have any additional material to be talked about yet. Only a trailer, Festivals premiere news and thats it. In regards of Crowdpleasing power for TIFF… I’m not entirely sure. Jojo Rabbit is a crowdpleasing flick that general audience would ate up and Soho looks anything but Crowdpleasing (Keep in mind that Internet crowd could be very different with general audiences)

Well if you want to talk about anything related to Soho, Thomasin McKenzie’s debut horror/thriller performance in that new Shyamalan movie IMO is….Great and Bizzare at the same time (Shyamalan has something to do with script and direction) and she is getting mentions as standouts in various reviews.

I’m excited to see what she has for Last Night in Soho since Soho has much better Director and Writer in Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns compared to Shyamalan

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

It’s almost impossible to predict the winner of TIFF audience prize but whatever wins is 100% getting nominated. Imagine if a film not in our current radar wins it’ll be huge.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Imagine if a film not in our current radar wins it’ll be huge.

She is coming.

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Imagine if a film not in our current radar wins it’ll be huge.

You say that but that’s a real possibility. It happens so often now that it just doesn’t surprise anyone anymore

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

It’s almost impossible to predict the winner of TIFF audience prize but whatever wins is 100% getting nominated. Imagine if a film not in our current radar wins it’ll be huge.

Would be really cool.

You say that but that’s a real possibility. It happens so often now that it just doesn’t surprise anyone anymore

Does it? I feel like films that are low down in the lists jump up sometimes, but almost always they’re still on the radar. Hell, even Moonlight was on people’s radar! And that was when people thought A24 had pulled a massive coup the year before with Room and Ex Machina. Yuh-Jung Youn was on a July list of supporting actress contenders last year (I forget who wrote that, one of the big websites)

FYC:

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

still shocked on how low Edgar Wright and Wes Anderson are in Prediction Centre…

For OOC Screening at Venice…. will we have initial reactions right after the movie premiered???

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    irinacx
    Topics:

I just finished reading the book The Power Of The Dog and I already know it will get some backlash on Twitter cause they’re annoying af hahah doubt that would affect its chances but I don’t see it winning Best Picture

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

still shocked on how low Edgar Wright and Wes Anderson are in Prediction Centre… For OOC Screening at Venice…. will we have initial reactions right after the movie premiered???

I would assume so. Idk if it’ll be a big thing, but if it is then I expect it’ll do very well

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I just finished reading the book The Power Of The Dog and I already know it will get some backlash on Twitter cause they’re annoying af hahah doubt that would affect its chances but I don’t see it winning Best Picture

What kind of backlash do you mean? I can maybe guess a few things you’re thinking but they’re all a bit of a reach

FYC:

Profile picture
    Hembie
    Topics:

What is the general consensus of the Green Knight’s odds at the Oscars? I just saw that film and I loved it. It took me completely by surprise and I personally thought everything was pitch perfect.

I can never figure out what the Oscars really dig or not.

Is it possible it might get acting nods. I don’t even see the movie in the prediction centre. So I’m guessing it’s not on anyone’s radar.

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

What is the general consensus of the Green Knight’s odds at the Oscars?

TGK isn’t an accessible film. Maybe a craft nod or two could happen but beyond that I don’t foresee it being a contender at all.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

What is the general consensus of the Green Knight’s odds at the Oscars? I just saw that film and I loved it. It took me completely by surprise and I personally thought everything was pitch perfect. I can never figure out what the Oscars really dig or not. Is it possible it might get acting nods. I don’t even see the movie in the prediction centre. So I’m guessing it’s not on anyone’s radar.

some techs noms maybe. But picture or acting noms seems unlikely.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.