Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 503 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

Netflix also premiered a teaser for “Red Notice” during Olympics coverage last week that made no ripples online and was never posted after the fact, so… I wouldn’t hold my breath to be honest.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Netflix also premiered a teaser for “Red Notice” during Olympics coverage last week that made no ripples online and was never posted after the fact, so… I wouldn’t hold my breath to be honest.

Nobody cares about Red Notice lol.

Dont Look Up teaser: https://twitter.com/worrydarling/status/1421983146963357702?s=21

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    someperson1991
    Topics:

Nobody cares about Red Notice lol. Dont Look Up teaser: https://twitter.com/worrydarling/status/1421983146963357702?s=21

That looks like a regular comedy, not an Oscar Comedy.

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

That looks like a regular comedy, not an Oscar Comedy.

I dunno, we saw like…10 seconds so hard to say. It was different than what I expected just from the script. Maybe we really can just throw out that script that circulated for this one? (If so…good. Thank god)

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

We’ll I’m predisposed to doubting Don’t Look Up so I’ll stick to the positive I can come up with from this teeny teaser which doesn’t tell us much anyway:

Leo looks good? People like him doing comedy—like in WoWS—because he rarely does it. So…yeah he looks good!

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I dunno, we saw like…10 seconds so hard to say. It was different than what I expected just from the script. Maybe we really can just throw out that script that circulated for this one? (If so…good. Thank god)

That Jonah Hill line was in the script we read (I think), but that’s all we can tell I guess lol.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Why would they sell an Oscar comedy as an Oscar comedy? Of course they’re going to sell it as a regular hilarious comedy to get general audiences more excited.

DiCaprio’s performance seems really showy. Even more so than what the script and test screenings suggested.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Why would they sell an Oscar comedy as an Oscar comedy? Of course they’re going to sell it as a regular hilarious comedy to get general audiences more excited.

DiCaprio’s performance seems really showy. Even more so than what the script and test screenings suggested.

Gotta say I am excited about seeing Leo as a spineless coward. It’s pretty cool! But omg that millisecond of Streep gave me a tiny nightmare though because I’m not at all excited to see her do a super on-the-nose, calculated villain portrayal (Hepburn’s comment about seeing the wheels turning was really spot-on, eh?) But, again, I’m basing this on nothing lol so don’t worry, I know how silly the Streep-fear sounds.

FYC:

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Question for those who read the original Don’t Look Up script was the teaser reminiscent of the script you read?

I suppose you could CTRL + F a line from the teaser: “I know but it is like so stressful”

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Question for those who read the original Don’t Look Up script was the teaser reminiscent of the script you read? I suppose you could CTRL + F a line from the teaser: “I know but it is like so stressful”

Jonah Hill’s lines were in the draft that I read and Leo’s scene in the bathroom was there, but that’s all I could tell from it

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I know it’s just a 30-second teaser, but this movie looks like my kryptonite lmao. Even as someone who liked The Big Short and thought Vice was decent, there’s something about this that makes me cringe. Maybe the film will be a lot different, I dunno. I thought the original draft was way too cluttered and it annoyed the snot out of me. I don’t doubt the Academy will eat it up, but goddamn this looks like a steaming hot plate of bullshit to me

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    someperson1991
    Topics:

It’s a Netflix movie. It does not matter one bit what general audiences think of the movie because general audiences only need to play three minutes of the movie for Netflix to count it towards viewership numbers, and even then no one has access to those numbers so they can just say it’s a hit and no one can contradict them.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Why would they sell an Oscar comedy as an Oscar comedy?

I actually don’t get why people would dismiss Don’t Look Up from the line of reasoning that it’s TOO much of a comedy. That’s OK! If anyone can get a comedy in, it’s this cast + Adam McKay and frankly, his comedies are REALLY good! If it opens the door to Oscars finally taking possible-slapstick comedy seriously, what’s so wrong with that? I don’t see that as a reason to dismiss it as an Oscar film, when WoWS was so blatantly comedic. So was The Big Short for that matter. I mean sure they were about bigger things like corruption, wealth, fraud, the financial crisis, but so is Don’t Look Up. Yeah it can be as comedic as it wants, really.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

It’s a Netflix movie. It does not matter one bit what general audiences think of the movie because general audiences only need to play three minutes of the movie for Netflix to count it towards viewership numbers, and even then no one has access to those numbers so they can just say it’s a hit and no one can contradict them.

Netflix doesn’t care if people watch their movies for 3 minutes. They care that people subscribe to their service. And this will be their biggest subscriber draw of the year. What general audiences think about this movie is extremely important, because they want general audiences to subscribe to Netflix to be able to watch this movie. So they’re going to sell it like a hilarious comedy with the biggest stars in the world.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.