Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

No offense but I hope MacBeth completely tanks, im tired of seeing Mcdormand’s arrogant face winning yet again!

i’d rather seeing her winning every year than to see some mediocre actresses winning their undeserved oscar for terrible performances.

Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Studios have asked us to add 4 more films for the Oscars predictions center tonight:

BLUE BAYOU (Focus)
    Director: Justin Chon
    Screenplay: Original
    Lead Actor: Justin Chon
    Lead Actress:
    Supporting Actor: Mark O’Brien
    Supporting Actress: Linh Dan Pham, Alicia Vikander

THE CARD COUNTER (Focus)
    Director: Paul Schrader
    Lead Actor: Oscar Isaac
    Lead Actress:
    Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe, Tye Sheridan
    Supporting Actress: Tiffany Haddish

RED ROCKET (A24)
    Director: Sean Baker
    Lead Actor: Simon Rex
    Lead Actress:
    Supporting Actor:
    Supporting Actress:

THE TENDER BAR (Amazon)
    Director: George Clooney
    Screenplay: Adapted
    Lead Actor:
    Lead Actress:
    Supporting Actor: Ben Affleck
    Supporting Actress:

Profile picture
    someperson1991
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/WillSloanEsq/status/1422731003760680966

He’s back in jail, folks.

Profile picture
    kingfan011
    Topics:

So Soggy Bottom is skipping festivals or what?

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/WillSloanEsq/status/1422731003760680966 He’s back in jail, folks.

That woman comment is disgusting. It’s difficult to not root against this film even though I love Willem Dafoe.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

So Soggy Bottom is skipping festivals or what?

Probably. Phantom Thread also skipped festivals with a december release.

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/WillSloanEsq/status/1422731003760680966 He’s back in jail, folks.

Bet: he posts again within 24 hours. Focus just needs to hire a hitman to cut all his wires at this point.

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

Does anyone think Amazon would release My Policeman starring Corrin and Styles this year?

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Does anyone think Amazon would release My Policeman starring Corrin and Styles this year?

Don’t think so. They were shooting up until recently right?
    If they think it has awards chances they will go the festival route. Just releasing at last moment will kill any award oppurtunities it might have had.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Jordan Ruimy posted an article about the trailers for The Last Duel and House of Gucci, and how his  excitement for the films died after seeing them: https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2021/7/0rzfu413pqew7ym33ehcdb4d43fs0q Some of his comments: “The former looked so plain and familiar. Not to mention, Ben Affleck’s permed goatee and hair. Matt Damon also looked rather silly with his mullet. Meanwhile, the latter looked like pure camp; what with Lady Gaga’s terrible acting, the all-around ludicrous Italian accents, the excessive wealth and a hammy Al Pacino as Aldo Gucci — you can just tell the best case scenario for this film will be its cult classic potential.

And so, it happens, Scott has managed to strike lightning almost a dozen times in his career — Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, Alien, Blade Runner, American Gangster, The Duellists, Thelma and Louise, Matchstick Men, Prometheus, The Martian, and Kingdom of Heaven. I don’t expect “The House of Gucci” or “The Last Duel” to join that select club. Instead, it inevitably feels like it will be part of Scott nadirs such as “Alien: Covenant,” “The Counselor,” “Body of Lies,” “Robin Hood,” “A Good Year,” “Hannibal,” “G.I. Jane,” “White Squall,” “1492: Conquest of Paradise,” and “Someone to Watch Over Me.”

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

After rewatching the HoG trailer, I have to say I agree with Jordan’s comments about Gaga’s acting. It also looks like Driver didn’t even bother to make an effort with his own accent. The less said about Leto’s accent, the better. I can’t believe that man really might get nominated for a performance with that ridiculous accent. I’m not sure what Jordan meant about his criticism of TLD being “plain and familiar.” Familiar as in there won’t be anything unexpected about it?

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I’m not even sure whether it would be an Oscar thing or not

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

After rewatching the HoG trailer, I have to say I agree with Jordan’s comments about Gaga’s acting. It also looks like Driver didn’t even bother to make an effort with his own accent. The less said about Leto’s accent, the better. I can’t believe that man really might get nominated for a performance with that ridiculous accent. I’m not sure what Jordan meant about his criticism of TLD being “plain and familiar.” Familiar as in there won’t be anything unexpected about it?

Gaga’s acting may have been a bit exaggerated and hammy but that’s camp, baby! The others’ accents were…passable bad to very bad…but I’m not sure  that really matters in a movie that is, again, clearly leaning on its camp. Ultimately I’m not sure of the quality of the film and all I know is it will be super fun, but I anticipate the pure hype machine of Gaga to drive it through regardless. (Not Leto though I know it’s almost inevitable but please no, spare us).

Agree with him on The Last Duel, though. I don’t think it ultimately goes anywhere (would love to be wrong on Comer at least). All of it struck me as very reminiscent of  the other forgettable Ridley Scott “period epics”. I think that’s what he means by familiar? The current status of the Matt Damon press tour disaster is also not super helpful for a film I think was already facing a lot of inevitable discourse and potential backlash.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Gaga’s acting may have been a bit exaggerated and hammy but that’s camp, baby! The others’ accents were…passable bad to very bad…but I’m not sure that really matters in a movie that is, again, clearly leaning on its camp. Ultimately I’m not sure of the quality of the film and all I know is it will be super fun, but I anticipate the pure hype machine of Gaga to drive it through regardless. (Not Leto though I know it’s almost inevitable but please no, spare us). Agree with him on The Last Duel, though. I don’t think it ultimately goes anywhere (would love to be wrong on Comer at least). All of it struck me as very reminiscent of the other forgettable Ridley Scott “period epics”. I think that’s what he means by familiar? The current status of the Matt Damon press tour disaster is also not super helpful for a film I think was already facing a lot of inevitable discourse and potential backlash.

It’s so strange Scott has two movies coming out this year. Obviously, the delay for The Last Duel was due to the ongoing pandemic. That film was written by an established trio in the industry. I’m more curious about the reception to HoG, mainly because the writer is a first-timer. I agree with you about Comer. I don’t know what the reactions to the film will be like, but I hope her performance is worthy of a nomination.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I’m not even sure whether it would be an Oscar thing or not

I have a sneaking suspicion My Policeman could be an Emmy telemovie

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.