Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 503 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I’m glad to see more people boarding The Power of the Dog Best Picture winner train. I maintain Campion’s vision of the novel will expand more on themes of toxic masculinity and the dynamics between women and familial units that will have voters deem the film as one of social importance.

I’ve also noticed more people have dropped Soggy Bottom winning Best Picture which was wishful thinking for PTA’s Oscar chances imo but also because the film centered on Hollywood. But not all films about Hollywood are positioned to take the Best Picture crown…just look at La La Land, Mank, or Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I’d imagine Lily Gladstone will go supporting though.

(Next year so no need to respond but…I got the impression she was lead actually?)

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I just assumed you had no life. My apologies.

lol I don’t understand how that’s supposed to be a sick burn given that you’re around here posting just as much as any of us.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

lol I don’t understand how that’s supposed to be a sick burn given that you’re around here posting just as much as any of us.

For someone who claims to make a living discussing films & awards, you should be on here less than any of us. Don’t you have inside info to discover or…?

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I’m glad to see more people boarding The Power of the Dog Best Picture winner train.

Nah we are just generous before Gucci hype starts with the trailer. That way, fans of other movies will tolerate Guccimania which will make all threads blow up. 🙂 🙂 🙂

What if The Power of the Dog wins the “Big 5” assuming Dunst is in lead. It hasn’t happened since The Silence of the Lambs.

It won’t cause Dune is winning Picture, Director and Adapted. 🙂

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I’m glad to see more people boarding The Power of the Dog Best Picture winner train. I maintain Campion’s vision of the novel will expand more on themes of toxic masculinity and the dynamics between women and familial units that will have voters deem the film as one of social importance.

hoooooo boy. GOD I want to spoil the plot so badly because there’s at least 3 huge elements/themes to TPOTD that nobody can tell from the synopsis and I don’t want to spoil for you. I won’t I won’t.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

For someone who claims to make a living discussing films & awards, you should be on here less than any of us. Don’t you have inside info to discover or…?

Don’t be so literal. I’m not a film critic or publicist. There’s many other professions that can get access without being squarely in the entertainment world. Use your imagination.

FYC:

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Nah we are just generous before Gucci hype starts with the trailer. That way, fans of other movies will tolerate Guccimania which will make all threads blow up. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Ridley Scott is a hit or miss director. House of Gucci is written by a first time screenwriter. Newcomer screenplay players don’t win Best Picture. The film is basically a meme at this point. HoG is not touching a Best Picture win. The Last Duel has a better chance.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

There’s many other professions that can get access without being squarely in the entertainment world. Use your imagination.

Oh, so you’re a Hollywood hooker?

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Ridley Scott is a hit or miss director. House of Gucci is written by a first time screenwriter. Newcomer screenplay players don’t win Best Picture. The film is basically a meme at this point. HoG is not touching a Best Picture win. The Last Duel has a better chance.

Dune is winning so it really doens’t matter which Scottfest is better but I’m sure HoG will be more entertianing and memeable.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

It won’t cause Dune is winning Picture, Director and Adapted. 🙂

I won’t rain on your parade at all because I’m looking forward to Dune (tentatively, because I’m scared it won’t be GREAT, but I’m on your side lol), but one of the dynamics that I think is being set up this year is that people here on Gold Derby really, really, really seem to want that populist winner!

One of the known things with places like Gold Derby & Film Twitter is, sure they’re annoying blah blah whatever, but they are also powerful in that they can create a narrative. And as of now, I’m getting a HUGE sense that people want the commercial film to win (thus all the faith in films like Dune, Don’t Look Up, Nightmare Alley, West Side Story, House of Gucci, The Last Duel, Tick Tick Boom, In the Heights, Last Night in Soho). All that anticipation creates a narrative. Honestly, in a way I feel like stans are making TLD happen lol.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Oh, so you’re a Hollywood hooker?

Seriously, wtf is wrong with you?!? Do you get paid to insult people for no reason at all? I’m trying really hard to address you earnestly and you’re being really rude.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I’m trying really hard to address you earnestly and you’re being really rude.

No. You’re just looking to go back & forth like a seesaw.

Profile picture
    The Oscarguy
    Topics:

How do you all feel about Belfast right now? It makes sense to predict since it’s apparently Branagh’s Roma but just something about it rubs me the wrong way. It’s just really hard for me to see it being nominated. Before it premieres at TIFF, I just can’t put it in.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Seriously, wtf is wrong with you?!? Do you get paid to insult people for no reason at all? I’m trying really hard to address you earnestly and you’re being really rude.

This is a troll. You should just click on the Ignore button like I did

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.