Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 20)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 509 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Babylonian
kaziz
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

I’m trying to imagine different scenarios and possibilities but I just don’t think the Academy will go for The Tragedy of Macbeth at all.

I was in doubt before but now… I think I will be kinda surprised If It gets in BP

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I’m trying to imagine different scenarios and possibilities but I just don’t think the Academy will go for The Tragedy of Macbeth at all. I was in doubt before but now… I think I will be kinda surprised If It gets in BP

With 10 spots guaranteed and all these late breaking movies getting mixed reception, I’m still betting on TTOM getting a nomination. It is the most acclaimed film, and has Academy favorites starring it/directing it.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Dune is of course getting nominated for Director lol, why are we even debating that?

FYC - Oscars 2022:
    A HERO:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Amir Jadidi)
    - Best International Feature

NINE DAYS in all categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Actor (Winston Duke)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Zazie Beetz)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Benedict Wong)

RIDERS OF JUSTICE:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Actor (Mads Mikkelsen)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Nicolas Bro)

Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

Is West Side Story really going to get nominated?! Lol. I got Spencer, Passing and Flee at 100/1 odds and im resisting the urge to replace them now.

Is Tick Tick Boom really happening? Or will it ultimately get left out the original list? Gahhhhh….

I just love movies. And awards.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Is West Side Story really going to get nominated?! Lol. I got Spencer, Passing and Flee at 100/1 odds and im resisting the urge to replace them now. Is Tick Tick Boom really happening? Or will it ultimately get left out the original list? Gahhhhh….

West Side Story is 100% getting nominated, yes.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

If Alejandro G Inarritu could win for that terrible stage play they called Birdman, then why not Denis Villeneuve for Dune? It’s even more painful when you realise Inarritu won a second one the following year for filming in a very cold weather. George Miller is one of the most painful losses in this category. Mad Max: Fury Road should have swept the top categories that year. A good film is not just about having a good story with motivational woke lines, it includes technical achievements. The fact that Spotlight couldn’t win outside Screenplay after the BP win, should tell you how so undeserved it was. Totally forgettable

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Belfast for everything - Best Picture win

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Tick Tick Boom doesn’t deserve any nomination here

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Belfast for everything - Best Picture win

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Goldderby is letting it’s own taste cloud their judgement. Denis Villeneuve is totally cut from the same cloth this year as other Best Directing wins (Ang Lee for Life of Pi, James Cameron for Titanic, Peter Jackson for Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Alejandro Inarritu for The Revenant and so on and so forth). The people bringing up George Miller for Fury Road are grasping, Denis was nominated for Arrival and Dune is more AMPAS friendly with a bunch of actors they like, and will slay the Crafts.

Alfonso Cuaron (Roma), Bong joon-ho (Parasite) and Chloé Zhao (Nomadland) all say hi. Our last three winners for Director and Denis fits none of them. I don’t see where this obsession with the biggest movie always winning directing is coming from. Big doesn’t equal being the best. Joon-ho literally beat Sam Mendes for 1917, a huge war movie filmed in one take. Hell, Kathryn Bigelow for an indie war movie literally beat James Cameron for the biggest movie ever made. Jane Campion also fits the mold of several previous Directing winners. Denis can win but the arguments presented are flawed.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

Best Picture Alphabetical

– Belfast
    – Dune
    – King Richard
    – Licorice Pizza
    – The Lost Daughter
    – Nightmare Alley
    – The Power of the Dog
    – Tick Tick Boom
    – The Tragedy of Macbeth
    – West Side Story

Took DLU out. TTOM in. I still feel like DLU will get a BP nom somehow but I’m taking it out for now.

Best Director
    – Paul Thomas Anderson
    – Kenneth Branagh
    – Jane Campion
    – Steven Spielberg
    – Denis Villeneuve

Profile picture
    GODlore
    Topics:

It’s ridiculous to predict a film to win both Screenplay and Director but also say it can’t win Picture.

It’s still very early but isn’t that what’s happening at the critics awards?

Washington DC: Directing + Acting + Adapted Screenplay but not Picture

NYFCC: Directing + two acting wins + most likely screenplay if it’s split like at the oscars but not Picture

Atlanta: Directing + two acting awards + cinematography + strongest adapted screenplay contender based on their top 10 but not Picture

As I said it’s early, but consistently winning so many individual trophies and still coming up short in the end can indicate a similar thing happening at the Oscars. It’s not impossible.

Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

West Side Story is 100% getting nominated, yes.

Fine. I’ll change.

I just love movies. And awards.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Alfonso Cuaron (Roma), Bong joon-ho (Parasite) and Chloé Zhao (Nomadland) all say hi. Our last three winners for Director and Denis fits none of them. I don’t see where this obsession with the biggest movie always winning directing is coming from. Big doesn’t equal being the best. Joon-ho literally beat Sam Mendes for 1917, a huge war movie filmed in one take. Hell, Kathryn Bigelow for an indie war movie literally beat James Cameron for the biggest movie ever made. Jane Campion also fits the mold of several previous Directing winners. Denis can win but the arguments presented are flawed.

My point still stands. Highly technical filmmaking and difficult filmmaking tends to get rewarded in BD. Campion can win, but I doubt they will give her Adapted Screenplay AND Best Director. AMPAS tries to spread the love lately. The days of Silence of the Lambs sweeping all the big awards are past us.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

A crazy (yet possible scenario):

Best Picture: Belfast

Best Director: Denis Villeneuve

Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog

Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

This year is mirroring 2018 in a lot of ways. Gaga and Olivia Colman are both in the Best Actress races, Netflix is seemingly the Best Picture frontrunner with TPOTD/Roma, and Don’t Look Up looks like this year’s Vice. Don’t be surprised if Belfast is this year’s Green Book.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

My point still stands. Highly technical filmmaking and difficult filmmaking tends to get rewarded in BD. Campion can win, but I doubt they will give her Adapted Screenplay AND Best Director. AMPAS tries to spread the love lately. The days of Silence of the Lambs sweeping all the big awards are past us.

But if she sweeps both going into the Oscars, why wouldn’t they give her both? Chloé problem last year is that she had The Father, a huge late breaker that was much more of a writers showcase than Nomadland. Campion doesn’t really have a The Father this time. West Side Story is a musical and a remake of a previous BP sweeper, The Lost Daughter doesn’t seem strong enough, Nightmare Alley just flopped, Passing isn’t even guaranteed a nomination, CODA and The Tragedy of Macbeth are not winning, even if they get nominated. Also, Bong Joon-ho won both Director and Original Screenplay. Not saying she’s a lock or anything, but if she goes into the Oscars as the big favourite to win both, they won’t have a problem giving them to her.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.