Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 22)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 22)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 513 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Babylonian
Cosmia
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

What category will Licorice Pizza not get into that everybody assumes it will be nominated for?

Film editing – although it isn’t necessarily a category where everybody assumes it will make it into. I only am predicting it in two categories for certain (BP and Original Screenplay) and am very tentative about Best Director.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I’m sorry, but what are you talking about?

You’ve become more unhinged ever since your alt account, Reservoir Dog account got deleted. Glad you’re repping the Best Director and Best Screenwriter of the year with that gorgeous profile picture though!

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

What category will Licorice Pizza not get into that everybody assumes it will be nominated for?

It’s definitely getting nominated for Editing. I think it could even get extra noms considering it has a very low nomination ceiling right now with only Picture, Director, Original Screenplay and Editing. Potentially Alana Haim in Best Actress, although unlikely.

Costume Design (because of Mark Bridges) and Cinematography are the most likely tech noms it could get (after Editing).

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

It’s definitely getting nominated for Editing. I think it could even get extra noms considering it has a very low nomination ceiling right now with only Picture, Director, Original Screenplay and Editing. Potentially Alana Haim in Best Actress, although unlikely.

Costume Design (because of Mark Bridges) and Cinematography are the most likely tech noms it could get (after Editing).

That’s interesting you think it will definitely get in for editing. I have Belfast, Don’t Look Up, Dune, The Power of the Dog, and West Side Story in my predictions, which happen to be the current top five in the odds. For awhile I thought King Richard would make it in for it’s excellently edited tennis scenes but I took it out. LP is in 6th place so it certainly could happen. I will be looking closely at the editing when I see LP this weekend.

Interesting fact about Best Picture: there has been only two films for decades that has won BP without receiving at least 6 nominations: The Departed and Green Book, which won with only 5 nominations.

Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

Interesting fact about Best Picture: there has been only one film for decades that has won BP without receiving at least 6 nominations: The Departed, which won with only 5 nominations.

Didn’t Green Book also only have 5 nominations?

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Didn’t Green Book also only have 5 nominations?

I looked it up and yes it only received 5 nominations. So it has happened twice in something like 50 years!

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

That’s interesting you think it will definitely get in for editing. I have Belfast, Don’t Look Up, Dune, The Power of the Dog, and West Side Story in my predictions, which happen to be the current top five in the odds. For awhile I thought King Richard would make it in for it’s excellently edited tennis scenes but I took it out. LP is in 6th place so it certainly could happen. I will be looking closely at the editing when I see LP this weekend.

This category is always wild, but I guess it will depend on how strong will Licorice Pizza be.

We don’t have many musicals nowadays anymore so I don’t know what the branch feels about it. From last three musicals that got Oscar nominations, two were snubbed in Editing (Les Miserables and Dreamgirls) despite both winning Sound prizes, so West Side Story could be the shocking snub. It could be The Power of the Dog as well, which would be bad news for its Best Picture chances.

Profile picture
    Zuranthium
    Topics:

West Side Story is 100% locked for editing and most likely winning it.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

I just finished “C’mon C’mon” and it’s a pity that it’s such a small movie that it’s not getting much attention (even though I’m still hoping on a screenplay nomination. Both Joaquin Phoenix and Gaby Hoffmann are really really good in this. It’s so refreshing to see Joaquin play a person who’s not super tormented, but just an uncle dealing with his nephew and regular family problems. He has really great chemistry with Woody Norman who’s the real revelation for me. He manages to deliver such profound lines in a very naturalistic way.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I just finished “C’mon C’mon” and it’s a pity that it’s such a small movie that it’s not getting much attention (even though I’m still hoping on a screenplay nomination. Both Joaquin Phoenix and Gaby Hoffmann are really really good in this. It’s so refreshing to see Joaquin play a person who’s not super tormented, but just an uncle dealing with his nephew and regular family problems. He has really great chemistry with Woody Norman who’s the real revelation for me. He manages to deliver such profound lines in a very naturalistic way.

It’s such a wonderful movie! All of the performances are outstanding, and the cinematography is gorgeous. I hope it at least gets an Original Screenplay nomination but I am losing hope that it will get even that one.

I am really surprised that Phoenix hasn’t done better with the critics groups – they have been leaving out really great performances consistently this whole entire awards season. Joaquin and Woody Norman are so great together, and Gaby Hoffman has never been better. I don’t know the actor’s name but he plays her husband and Norman’s father – it’s a silent performance (I don’t recall his having any dialogue?) of a man with bipolar disorder, he’s terrific too.

Glad it has some Indie Spirit nominations but why no acting nominations even from them?

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

You’ve become more unhinged ever since your alt account, Reservoir Dog account got deleted. Glad you’re repping the Best Director and Best Screenwriter of the year with that gorgeous profile picture though!

hun’ are you mentally okay? I have no idea why you’re going off at me. Please take your Xanax.

Also, I don’t make alts. There’s no need to.

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

……… Um, you took crabbie’s Michelle Williams profile picture a few months back and so they switched to a picture of Jane Campion, the one they currently have. And now it seems you’ve taken that same Jane Campion profile picture. So I’m wondering why this is the second time you’ve changed your profile picture to theirs?

Wait, so I can’t have a profile picture of Jane Campion. Only Crabbie can have such a profile picture?

Profile picture
    Frank2803
    Topics:

The Force Awakens wouldn’t have been nominated even under a 10-slot ballot. 9th and 10th nominees would’ve been two of Carol, Ex Machina and Straight Outta Compton.

I thought Force Awakens had a better chance of making the BP lineup that year because it got a surprising editing nomination.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I thought Force Awakens had a better chance of making the BP lineup that year because it got a surprising editing nomination.

Carol, Ex Machina and Straight Outta Compton had Screenplay noms. They were also nominated for PGA except for Carol. Ex Machina also won VFX over The Force Awakens. That was the category it had the better chances after winning BAFTA and VES.

Profile picture
    jarg
    Topics:

y’all licorice pizza didn’t get anything in the shortlists…thoughts on how that might effect its noms?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 22)’ is closed to new replies.