Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 24)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 517 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Babylonian
OscarWatcher1..
  • Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

And Belfast is no Green Book. WSS is no La La Land (which lost Best Picture). Are we done with the contrived analogies now?

You better hope Spencer is no Jackie then.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

Belfast
    CODA
    Don't Look Up
    Dune
    King Richard
    Licorice Pizza
    The Power of the Dog
    The Tragedy of Macbeth
    West Side Story
    The Worst Person in the World

100% agreed

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Don’t feed the troll. He’s so obsessed with TPOTD he’s like a rapid homophobe who is secretly gay. I reckon he secretly really, really loves it.

Profile picture
    Michael Windfeldt
    Topics:

WSS is in your FYC ad.

That’s a more emotional and a personal pick for me, which transcends WSS into something different for me.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Licorice Pizza, West Side Story, Dune.

Best Director: PTA, Denis Villeneuve

Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza.

Best Actress: Alana Haim

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Why do you think the heterosexual film critics are embracing this film so much? Do you really not get that if it showed a less regressive take on gay men it would be winning all these awards? I am of the opinion that it would not.

And……. with that we all become straight lol. Yes, “heterosexual” people like this film now — after months of saying it’s only for “Twitter gays” and other assorted bigotries. Speak for yourself, please. This is pretty messed up.

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I really hate it when people pretend I am doing anything else but offering MY OPINION.

O.K., I just got home from seeing Spider-Man: No Way Home. It was entertaining but I must admit I got bored for awhile at about the half-way point and then it got interesting again when Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield showed up. It’s not my type of movie, for certain, but it was an enjoyable “popcorn movie”. It has no business being in the BP conversation. Also: M.I.T. is in Cambridge, not Boston!!!!

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Red Rocket is unapologetically hilarious. It’s been awhile since I’ve laughed this hard during a film. Simon Rex is outstanding in this. It’s not your typical middle aged man going through a life crisis type of film. This hit different. It’s not an Oscar film by any means, and I love that about it. I don’t think it would have worked nearly as well as it did without Rex playing Mikey. He was perfect. It’s a solid indie that will have you laughing your butt off. Given the serious times we are in, this is a great way to take 2 hours away from all of that and just let it all go and enjoy yourself.

I do wish Simon Rex was in the conversation and would get a Best Actor nomination! My favorite comedy scenes in 2021 were Mikey’s attempts to get hired for a job – I was laughing so hard! (: The reason to go and see this movie is SIMON REX! I hope he gets more good roles in the future, he is fantastic!!!

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

The Power of the Dog has plenty of “dead spots”, slow dull scenes, and the whole regressive repressed gay representation and “toxic masculinity” being told with gay characters instead of straight characters, they are all in my opinion directorial mistakes.

It’s a book Griffy.

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

I really hate it when people pretend I am doing anything else but offering MY OPINION.

You’re running a regular campaign against TPOTD and swap between saying it’s regressive, Campion’s gender would drive her win more than merit, and the critics and Dog stans refuse to see how WSS is stronger. You’ve more than made your point across multiple threads. Everyone knows how you feel about it.

And maybe you need to watch TPOTD a second time because the more you write these essays about it, the more it sounds like you misunderstood the storytelling.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

I am soooo excited to watch Macbeth. Thank you for sharing

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    Baroque
    Topics:

I have tickets for tomorrow and this got me really excited!

FYC: 🐕 & 🐖

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Yet you feel the need to dispute any unbothered take that doesn’t match your opinion.

Profile picture
    Shrek Superslam
    Topics:

SAG:

Best Ensemble – Don’t Look Up

Golden Globes:
    Best Drama – The Power Of The Dog
    Best Musical/Comedy – Don’t Look Up
    Best Director – Jane Campion

Critics’ Choice:

Best Picture – The Power Of The Dog

BAFTAs:

Best Picture – The Power Of The Dog

Oscars:

Best Picture – Don’t Look Up (They want to get their viewing figures up… They’re gonna go for the biggest film.)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.