Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 25)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 549 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
OscarWatcher1..
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

I’m interested in the impact of the Omicron wave. Netflix bias is real  in AMPAS for sure but in the context of a wave, will there be an appreciation of its ability to being cinema into everyone’s lounge room?

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

It depends on how long the wave lasts. We have reason to believe that it might recede within the month.

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Yes but it’s interrupted the narrative of a “cinema” film having to win this year. Although I think showing all the festivals made TPOTD a cinema experience and not just a streaming one.

I’m sure Netflix wants BP and in the absence of a strong alternative, I expect them to go all out.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Will win: Belfast

Could win: Dog or West Side Story

Should win: Belfast or West Side Story

Shouldn’t have been nominated: King Richard and Tick Tick Boom

Should have been nominated: House of Gucci

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Belfast for everything - Best Picture win

Profile picture
    Bohemian Bovine
    Topics:

I’m sure Netflix wants BP and in the absence of a strong alternative, I expect them to go all out.

I agree with this.

That’s why Don’t Look Up is gonna win.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

That’s why Don’t Look Up is gonna win.

At the MTV Movie Awards.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

I agree with this.

That’s why Don’t Look Up is gonna win.

I think it can surprise in nominations day. It will be the box office/populist choice.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Yeah, that’s my major hangup: voting for something in mid-stream as opposed to waiting for a completed work. OTOH, Fellowship of the Ring did gangbusters in crafts even if they waited for Return of the King to really dole out the awards.

Idk, it’s not like Part Two is coming until 2023, no point in waiting literal years to reward Dune.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

TPotD is so much stronger than DLU? DLU seems like the Bohemian Rhapsody in that it might overperform, but I don’t see a Rotten Netflix film winning BP.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Gets on bully pulpit: PASSING IS THE MOMENT. PASSING WILL BE CINEMATIC GREATNESS IN RETROSPECT.

Gets off and remembers this is Gold Derby: Yes, The Power of the Dog & The Lost Daughter please 😀

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

The likes of King Richard shouldn’t even in contention to be nominated for the top prize darling. It was such a basic, blatant oscar bait. Ellis is the only award worthy in that film.

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION DARLING.
    Tessa Thompson, Lead Actress for PASSING
    Ruth Negga, Supporting Actress for PASSING
    Charlotte Rampling, Supporting Actress for BENEDETTA
    Martha Plimpton, Supporting Actress for MASS
    Arawinda Kirana, Lead Actress for YUNI
    Kathryn Hunter, Supporting Actress for THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At the MTV Movie Awards.

Is it?

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Locks: Belfast, CODA, Don’t Look Up, Dune, King Richard, Licorice Pizza, The Power of the Dog, and West Side Story

If there were no expanded to ten BP lineup these would be this year’s nominees.

The other two: Being the Ricardos, Drive My Car, The Lost Daughter, Nightmare Alley, tick, tick…BOOM!, and The Tragedy of Macbeth.

6 films, two slots. I am predicting there is enough passion for The Lost Daughter and The Tragedy of Macbeth – with tick, tick…BOOM! in eleventh place.

Drive My Car has a problem that foreign films tend to be nominated lately only when they are win-competitive and can get a Best Director nomination.

Being the Ricardos is fun but not a great movie.

Nightmare Alley lost it’s mojo once people got to see the movie.

tick, tick…BOOM! appeals to theater geeks the most; are there enough of them in the academy to pull it into the top ten?

The Lost Daughter has a passionate fan base.

The Tragedy of Macbeth is visually stunning.

I usually get one wrong but might get two wrong this year as they have expanded to ten nominees.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

It depends on how long the wave lasts. We have reason to believe that it might recede within the month.

Cases have gone up 230% in Australia in the last 7 days – and that is a massive undercount. Until this wave, the highest ever daily total in Australia was 2,500 cases. Today, despite having one of the highest vaccination rates globally, they recorded 116,000 cases but is thought to be much, much higher. Australia is almost entirely Omicron. Pay attention everyone, this thing is an out of control bushfire and deaths will follow in two weeks among the unvaccinated. It’s not going away in a month.

Best Supporting Actress - Kathryn Hunter, Ann Dowd, Martha Plimpton, Judi Dench, Ruth Negga
    Best Supporting Actor - Troy Katsur, Ciarán Hinds, Alex Hassell, Bertie Carvel
    Best Actress - Tessa Thompson
    The Tragedy of Macbeth in Directing, Production Design, Cinematography and thee Kathryn Hunter
    Mass in Original Screenplay

The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Cases have gone up 230% in Australia in the last 7 days – and that is a massive undercount. Until this wave, the highest ever daily total in Australia was 2,500 cases. Today, despite having one of the highest vaccination rates globally, they recorded 116,000 cases but is thought to be much, much higher. Australia is almost entirely Omicron. Pay attention everyone, this thing is an out of control bushfire and deaths will follow in two weeks among the unvaccinated. It’s not going away in a month.

Deaths remain low even as cases skyrocket. That’s been a constant wherever omicron goes.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 549 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.