Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 25)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 549 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
OscarWatcher1..
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Ugh DLU has been among top 8 for a while. I thought we all knew it.

The 9th and 10th are now among Macbeth, TTB, HoG, TLD, BTR, and even Drive My Car. I personally feel sure about Macbeth getting in tho…

I took out The Tragedy of Macbeth and put in House of Gucci after the SAG nominations. TTOM is an amazing looking film but it has so little passion going for it. (I prefer TTOM over HOG). They love Gucci out there with academy members and that’s what matters.

I wish The Lost Daughter would make it in and perhaps I have become disheartened too much by the negative opinions of others here on Goldderby? IDK.

Drive My Car I think will make it in – international film voting bloc will make it so.

Being the Ricardos is fun but it isn’t quite good enough to make it in.

So I have Drive My Car and House of Gucci getting those last two slots, at least as of now.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

The most dramatic plot twist of the season is Don’t Look Up under-performing with SAG but dominating the BAFTA long-list lol.

I hate DLU but it’s a pretty across the board kind of movie in terms of production value. I don’t know how much it’ll get nominated for.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

I took out The Tragedy of Macbeth and put in House of Gucci after the SAG nominations. TTOM is an amazing looking film but it has so little passion going for it. (I prefer TTOM over HOG). They love Gucci out there with academy members and that’s what matters.

Loving Gucci doesn’t mean it is Macbeth that will get kicked out. And SAG ensemble is never going for films like Macbeth.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Can we predict BAFTA this century?

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

SAG noms a bit of shit show. TPOTD missing Ensemble hurts but it’s leading the noms and is the only film with 3 individual acting noms. Belfast’s underperformance in supporting actor hurts it too.

I still think the race is between these 2 and I’m not sure SAG has helped.

Profile picture
    snowball
    Topics:

Just send Campion her Oscars and cancel the season.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Loving Gucci doesn’t mean it is Macbeth that will get kicked out. And SAG ensemble is never going for films like Macbeth.

My reason has to do with the lack of passion for TTOM in general; I didn’t expect it to do well at SAG.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am more and more convinced that TPOTD will not win the Oscar. I hope for West Side Story but Belfast can do a Spotlight type of win as well. Snark away but I think that Dog is going to stumble and fall. The critics films aren’t doing well within the industry awards.

My heart sank every time I read about the late screeners issue with West Side Story ): I knew it was going to be a problem but convinced myself that somehow the voters got out of their homes and went to see Story in a movie theater, where it belongs and deserves to be seen.

All three of these films can win and all have pluses and minuses. Fortunately there is plenty of time left for either Belfast or West Side Story to win!

Profile picture
    brenolimsta
    Topics:

I am more and more convinced that TPOTD will not win the Oscar. I hope for West Side Story but Belfast can do a Spotlight type of win as well. Snark away but I think that Dog is going to stumble and fall. The critics films aren’t doing well within the industry awards. My heart sank every time I read about the late screeners issue with West Side Story ): I knew it was going to be a problem but convinced myself that somehow the voters got out of their homes and went to see Story in a movie theater, where it belongs and deserves to be seen. All three of these films can win and all have pluses and minuses. Fortunately there is plenty of time left for either Belfast or West Side Story to win!

well, TPOTD is going pretty well with the industry. Won film and director at the GG, 14 mentions on the BAFTA’s longlists and three individual nominations at SAG. I know what you’re talking about with “some critic’s films are underperfoming with the industry awards” but TPOTD is not one of them

Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

i read in twitter that power of the dog is ineligible in WGA so CODA could win there. Is that true?

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

i read in twitter that power of the dog is ineligible in WGA so CODA could win there. Is that true?

I have heard the same thing. Looks like The Lost Daughter is also ineligible?

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

well, TPOTD is going pretty well with the industry. Won film and director at the GG, 14 mentions on the BAFTA’s longlists and three individual nominations at SAG. I know what you’re talking about with “some critic’s films are underperfoming with the industry awards” but TPOTD is not one of them

It’s still going to lose BP, regardless.

Profile picture
    brenolimsta
    Topics:

It’s still going to lose BP, regardless.

we don’t know that.

with Campion winning director, Kodi winning supp, Campion winning Adapted screenplay and/or getting an editing nome, I can see TPOTD easily winning. It’s only threat is West Side Story.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Lowkey can’t even handle how smug I am for having had House of Gucci in Picture this whole time. Love me some 100/1 odds

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 549 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.