Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 25)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 549 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
OscarWatcher1..
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Clayton embarrassed himself yesterday when HoG overpeformed after he tweeted doubts about Gaga nom with SAG. But being wrong is kind of his trademark so…

Profile picture
    Goran CRO
    Topics:

Where is Pete Hammond?

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Clayton had King Richard in Best Director earlier in the season too, called it the best movie of the year, and said in front of the audience at my screening “King Richard, Will Smith, and Aunjanue Ellis are guaranteed Oscar nominations, and I can say that because I’m the Variety awards editor.” Without a hint of irony. Sadly that wasn’t the only screening this season he happened to be at. I often don’t stay for Q&A’s because of the useless PR bullshit, but Clayton takes it to a whole other level. The most annoying, pandering, self-aggrandizing host I’ve ever seen at these events.

This makes me laugh darling… He need to watch more decent films.

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION DARLING.
    Tessa Thompson, Lead Actress for PASSING
    Ruth Negga, Supporting Actress for PASSING
    Charlotte Rampling, Supporting Actress for BENEDETTA
    Martha Plimpton, Supporting Actress for MASS
    Arawinda Kirana, Lead Actress for YUNI
    Kathryn Hunter, Supporting Actress for THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

It didn’t get in for stunts at SAG…

The didn’t send screeners because of piracy concerns as it still hasn’t been released in some markets.

Best Supporting Actress - Kathryn Hunter, Ann Dowd, Martha Plimpton, Judi Dench, Ruth Negga
    Best Supporting Actor - Troy Katsur, Ciarán Hinds, Alex Hassell, Bertie Carvel
    Best Actress - Tessa Thompson
    The Tragedy of Macbeth in Directing, Production Design, Cinematography and thee Kathryn Hunter
    Mass in Original Screenplay

The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Director George Lucas and Lucasfilm president/producer Kathleen Kennedy will be honored with the 2022 Milestone Award, the Producers Guild of America announced today. The award is being given “for their unparalleled contributions to the film industry both individually and collaboratively through Lucasfilm.”: https://deadline.com/2022/01/george-lucas-kathleen-kennedy-pga-milestone-award-1234912701/

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Anybody else waiting for Jan 27th for the DGA nominations before they lock in their predictions? I have Hamagushi and McKay in my predictions, both at 100-1 odds, and I don’t have Villeneuve (or Anderson) in my predictions. Almost every year four out of five of the DGA nominees go on to get Oscar nominations. There is almost every year one slot for a foreign language director in recent years and I think Hamagushi will get that slot (regardless of the DGA nominations).

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

I just watched Macbeth and it’s instantly, for me, the best drama film I’ve seen this year. I have seen Polanski’s “Macbeth”(1971) and they two are actually similar in many ways, although I prefer Coen’s version to it. It deserves wins for cinematography and Best Actor (a stronger performance than Cumberbatch and Smith imo), and noms for BP, BD, editing, and production design. If McDormand is competing in supporting actress, she definitely deserves a nom, too.

But yeah, Macbeth is not a film that would generate passion like what CODA and King Richard did to the audience so I believe it’s not gonna do well on preferential ballot. I just hope it can be nominated as that #9 BP nominee we’re all curious about.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I think Emma Seligman will be nominated for DGA First-Time Director for Shiva Baby. Their nominations in that category are always surprisingly sophisticated.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

1. The Power of the Dog
    2. Belfast
    3. West Side Story
    4. Licorice Pizza
    5. Dune
    6. CODA
    7. King Richard
    8. Don’t Look Up
    9. The Tragedy of Macbeth
    10. House of Gucci

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I think Emma Seligman will be nominated for DGA First-Time Director for Shiva Baby. Their nominations in that category are always surprisingly sophisticated.

you love to see it

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

1. The Power of the Dog 2. Belfast 3. West Side Story 4. Licorice Pizza 5. Dune 6. CODA 7. King Richard 8. Don’t Look Up 9. The Tragedy of Macbeth 10. House of Gucci

This is my prediction as well. So glad that House of Gucci’s over-performance at BAFTA and SAG means we can stop talking about Spider-Man and Tick Tick…Boom getting one of the ten slots.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I think we’re all being a little quick to react to House of Gucci. It’s pretty rare that all the SAG Ensemble nominees make it into Best Picture, and even the years where it has happened (like 2014 and 2010), all the nominees were bigger frontrunners than HoG currently is.

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

Producers Guilds, Writers and Directors Guild will tell more for the best picture contenders.

FYC Oscars 2022

Best Supporting Actor: Ben Affleck

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I just watched Macbeth and it’s instantly, for me, the best drama film I’ve seen this year. I have seen Polanski’s “Macbeth”(1971) and they two are actually similar in many ways, although I prefer Coen’s version to it. It deserves wins for cinematography and Best Actor (a stronger performance than Cumberbatch and Smith imo), and noms for BP, BD, editing, and production design. 

Agree with almost all of this. Of all the films this season, Macbeth is the one that has left the biggest impression on me. It moved me, I was truly wowed. The last films that gave me tingles like that were Parasite and Capernaum.

I think it should be a very strong candidate in directing, production design, cinematography, editing, adapted screenplay and supporting actress for Hunter. I have no doubt it will also get a best actor nomination as well and, depending on the field, best actress.

Best Supporting Actress - Kathryn Hunter, Ann Dowd, Martha Plimpton, Judi Dench, Ruth Negga
    Best Supporting Actor - Troy Katsur, Ciarán Hinds, Alex Hassell, Bertie Carvel
    Best Actress - Tessa Thompson
    The Tragedy of Macbeth in Directing, Production Design, Cinematography and thee Kathryn Hunter
    Mass in Original Screenplay

The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing

Profile picture
    Ben Affleck Fan
    Topics:

Looking at the top15 BAFTAs these are the films for Oscar consideration and they don’t differ much from the films we talk here. 5 won’t make it at the Oscars.

Apart these, I don’t expect Drive My Car to land, but wouldn’t be shocked.

Typically we have 6 front-runners

1. The Power of the Dog
    2. Belfast
    3. Westside Story
    4. Licorice Pizza
    5. King Richard
    6. CODA

These have acclaim, good cast, awards buzz overall as films.  Then, we have films boosted mainly by technical categories to the Best Picture:

7. Dune   (I think this is a case)

Then, we have films that are not so much talked in best picture as front-runners, but could land due to passion for their acting couples on screen, their screenplay or overall ensembles

8. Don’t Look Up  (all star studded film)
    9. The Tragedy of MacBeth (Washington, McDormand, Coel passion)
    10. House of Gucci  (Gaga, Leto, Make-up)
    Or
    11. Being The Ricardos (acting couple, Sorkin)

I don’t feel much passion for The Lost Daughter, but could fill one of the lower spots. Also, No Time To Die could be surprise 10th spot film.

FYC Oscars 2022

Best Supporting Actor: Ben Affleck

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 549 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.