Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 25)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 549 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
OscarWatcher1..
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    Michael Windfeldt
    Topics:

People just don’t want to accept that West Side Story or Belfast will be the winner, that’s all. Dog isn’t going to win.

I am pretty sure TPOTD will win. I am not fond of the film either, but to deny and claim that it is not going to win as it stands right now is weird.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Licorice Pizza, West Side Story, Dune.

Best Director: PTA, Denis Villeneuve

Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza.

Best Actress: Alana Haim

Profile picture
    CarlosEdu
    Topics:

People just don’t want to accept that West Side Story or Belfast will be the winner, that’s all. Dog isn’t going to win.

Do you think that isn’t winning because you don’t want? If it’s, oh my god.

Profile picture
    superbrats
    Topics:

Remember: Except Mank, all IMDb low-rated films (<7.2) eventually got snubbed in BP last year while the late breakers with high scores (The Father, Judas) overperformed. To the defamers of IMDb: we only value if the score is high or low. Only dumb ppl would think “getting the highest score means it’ll be the winner”.

With all late breakers getting sufficient votes, here is the latest IMDb update: (The locked 8 are in bold.)

(Great)
    1. 8.1/ DUNE
    2. 8.1/ CODA
    3. 8.0/ Licorice Pizza

4. 7.9/ Drive My Car
    5. 7.8/ West Side Story

(Good)
    6. 7.7/ C’mon c’mon
    7. 7.6/ King Richard
    8. 7.6/ Tick Tick Boom
    9. 7.5/ The Tragedy of Macbeth
    10. 7.4/ Belfast
    11. 7.4/ Nightmare Alley

(Okay)
    12. 7.3/ Don’t Look Up
    13. 7.3/ The French Dispatch

(Low)
    14. 7.0/ The Power of The Dog
    15. 6.9/ House of Gucci
    16. 6.8/ The Lost Daughter
    17. 6.8/ Spencer
    18. 6.7/ Passing
    19. 6.6/ Being The Ricardos

I feel pretty sure BTR and TLD are not gonna show up in BP lineup.

Going by this list, I would bet on Macbeth and Tick Tick Boom or Drive My Car and Tick Tick Boom for the last two spots (with Macbeth and Tick Tick Boom slightly ahead because Denzel and Andrew are locked for best actor).

If any low-rated movie it’s getting in the BP lineup, it’s going to be House of Gucci because more people watched that than any of the other contenders for the 10th spot (not counting No Way Home lol).

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Going by this list, I would bet on Macbeth and Tick Tick Boom or Drive My Car and Tick Tick Boom for the last two spots (with Macbeth and Tick Tick Boom slightly ahead because Denzel and Andrew are locked for best actor).

If any low-rated movie it’s getting in the BP lineup, it’s going to be House of Gucci because more people watched that than any of the other contenders for the 10th spot (not counting No Way Home lol).

That’s actually what I’m thinking too 🙂
    I want to be proved wrong about TTB but I can’t ignore or misjudge what other people think.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    annveal
    Topics:

What’s the main criticism against HoG again? It’s too pulpy and historically inaccurate?

Profile picture
    SaulAtreides
    Topics:

What’s the main criticism against HoG again? It’s too pulpy and historically inaccurate?

It’s very long, dull, and unfocused. I didn’t find it particularly pulpy outside of Leto and the marketing.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

It nedeed more Gaga lol

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

LA Times refreshes its major-category Oscar predix – I’ll take CCJ in 6th any day. https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/awards/story/2021-11-19/oscars-2022-buzzmeter-surveys-the-awards-season-to-come

This is straight up embarassing haha. It’s fine to hate House of Gucci and Don’t Look Up, but to have the Worst Person In The World and Spencer as more likely to get a BP nod is laughable at this point.

And this is why these pundits are failing miserably this year. More often than not, they’re voting for movies they want to see in BP rather than movies they realistically expect to make it.

And I LOVE Cruz. But the delusions have got to stop. You don’t go from not making BAFTA top 15 to being a top contender at the Oscars. Jesus how can they not see that.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AppleTV/status/1481838254580125698

The likes LOL. The power of Denzel, Frances and Shakespeare.

First audience scores for Macbeth

7.5 on IMDB and 81% on Rotten Tomatoes. Not as bad as I was expecting.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

If The Lighthouse could get a good 7.5 on IMDb, a similar high score for Macbeth is within expectation. I find these 2 black-and-white films very alike. They’re not gonna ignore the stunning visuals anyway.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

LA Times refreshes its major-category Oscar predix – I’ll take CCJ in 6th any day. https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/awards/story/2021-11-19/oscars-2022-buzzmeter-surveys-the-awards-season-to-come

Justin Chang predicts that “Drive My Car” will win Best Picture and 2 people, including Anne Thompson, think “King Richard” will win BP. And they have people like Riley Keough and Tony Leung in their predictions. What’s next? Lin-Manuel Miranda for Best Director? 😂

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Can Dune win Best Picture? I noticed this morning it went up one nomination in the predictions (it has landed in the top five for Adapted Screenplay). It is now the leader with 11 categories in the predictions center. I personally think it will get 9 because I don’t think it will get Adapted Screenplay or Best Director but I am waiting to see how it goes with the DGA nominations on the latter.

I think Part Two would be more likely than part one but with this crazy awards season who knows for certain?

I still think West Side Story will win, with Belfast as the dark horse that can eke out a win in an extremely close contest.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Director is the category most open to non-Anglo nominees, especially in the last 10 years, but the top five in the rankings are currently Campion, Villeneuve, Branagh, Spielberg and Anderson – 1 Kiwi, 1 Canadian, 1 Brit and 2 Americans. Will the directors branch continue its more international perspective this year or stick with this group?

Best Supporting Actress - Kathryn Hunter, Ann Dowd, Martha Plimpton, Judi Dench, Ruth Negga
    Best Supporting Actor - Troy Katsur, Ciarán Hinds, Alex Hassell, Bertie Carvel
    Best Actress - Tessa Thompson
    The Tragedy of Macbeth in Directing, Production Design, Cinematography and thee Kathryn Hunter
    Mass in Original Screenplay

The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Director is the category most open to non-Anglo nominees, especially in the last 10 years, but the top five in the rankings are currently Campion, Villeneuve, Branagh, Spielberg and Anderson – 1 Kiwi, 1 Canadian, 1 Brit and 2 Americans. Will the directors branch continue its more international perspective this year or stick with this group?

In recent years we have had almost one a year from a foreign language director – two in 2019 (Roma and Cold War) – this is why I am predicting Ryusuke Hamaguchi for Drive My Car – particularly since his direction is superb!

Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

Can Dune win Best Picture? I noticed this morning it went up one nomination in the predictions (it has landed in the top five for Adapted Screenplay). It is now the leader with 11 categories in the predictions center. I personally think it will get 9 because I don’t think it will get Adapted Screenplay or Best Director but I am waiting to see how it goes with the DGA nominations on the latter. I think Part Two would be more likely than part one but with this crazy awards season who knows for certain? I still think West Side Story will win, with Belfast as the dark horse that can eke out a win in an extremely close contest.

eh very obvious it can’t. Has the desventages of 1917( no SAG, no acting noms) but not his adventages ( like wining globe drama, PGA, DGA, BAFTA. Semms very improbable that for dune)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 549 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.