Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 25)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 549 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
OscarWatcher1..
federico ruba..
  • Profile picture
    Qoslca
    Topics:

You know, after mulling it over further, I’m changing my tune and predicting The Tragedy of Macbeth to possibly nab a slot in Best Picture. I think you guys are right: its late release and solid reception could give it the momentum it needs. I think the last two places are between The Tragedy of Macbeth / House of Gucci / Being The Ricardos / Drive My Car.

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.” 🎥

Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

DGA will probably be an easy Anderson/Branagh/Campion/Spielberg/Villeneuve. They’re not very creative. Only person I could see breaking that is McKay, but after missing the Globes and CC even that feels unlikely.

eh in 2020 theywere the only who nominate taika to director…

Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

so i think CODA is gonna be in the DGA five

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

so i think CODA is gonna be in the DGA five

It will be Branagh, Campion, PTA, Spielberg and Villeneuve, and then Branagh gets snubbed at the Oscars.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

PGA usually gets one or two wrong in their ten films lineup – but this year is a bit different because there will be ten nominees for the Oscar. I think since the expanded lineup we have usually gotten 8 with an occasional year getting 9 but I can’t remember any when there were ten?

2009 PGA/BP Crossover:
    (both had ten) (8/10)

An Education
    District 9
    Hurt Locker
    Inglorious Basterds
    Precious
    Up
    Up in the Air

PGA only:
    Invictus
    Star Trek

BP only:
    – The Blind Side
    – A Serious Man

2010 Crossover:
    (9/10)

127 Hours
    Black Swan
    Fighter
    Inception
    Kids Are Alright
    Kings Speech
    Social Network
    Toy Story 3
    True Grit

PGA only:
    The Town

BP only:
    Winter’s Bone

Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

It will be Branagh, Campion, PTA, Spielberg and Villeneuve, and then Branagh gets snubbed at the Oscars.

i think CODA and king richards ( and maybe even don’t look up) have more chance in the DGA than licorice pizza

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

DGA tends to go for the safe “boring” choices, so they’ll go for Campion, Spielberg, Villeneuve, Branagh, Anderson. The Hamaguchi upset will be on Oscar nomination morning, if there is one.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Ryusuke Hamaguchi seems like a lock for a directing nom darling.

Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

DGA tends to go for the safe “boring” choices, so they’ll go for Campion, Spielberg, Villeneuve, Branagh, Anderson. The Hamaguchi upset will be on Oscar nomination morning, if there is one.

? jojo rabbit, lion, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,american sniper, captain phillips, the fighter were ” boring choise?

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

? jojo rabbit, lion, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,american sniper, captain phillips, the fighter were ” boring choise?

Yes.

Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

This won’t work in every case, but one theory I’ve heard before to explain Davis/Waititi showing up at DGA and Abrahamson at the Oscars is that Directors are often really impressed when their peers are able to get a strong leading performance from child actors.

I guess this year that would help Reinaldo Marcus Green? Not convinced it has to be a thing every time though, my sight unseen spoilers for the Oscar lineup are Hamaguchi/Coen like most people.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Yes. More exciting choices are FOR ME Pawlikowki or Lanthimos. I don’t know if they were eligible.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

My predicted nomination count for each Picture nominee:

DUNE (10) – Picture, Director, Cinematography, Costume Design, Editing, Makeup and Hair, Production Design, Score, Sound, Visual Effects

THE POWER OF THE DOG (10) – Picture, Director, Actor, Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor x2, Adapted Screenplay, Cinematography, Editing, Score

WEST SIDE STORY (8) – Picture, Director, Supporting Actress, Cinematography, Costume Design, Editing, Production Design, Sound

LICORICE PIZZA (6) – Picture, Director, Actress, Supporting Actor, Original Screenplay, Editing

THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH (6) – Picture, Actor, Adapted Screenplay, Cinematography, Production Design, Score

BELFAST (5) – Picture, Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor, Original Screenplay, Editing

DON’T LOOK UP (4) – Picture, Original Screenplay, Score, Song

DRIVE MY CAR (4) – Picture, Director, Adapted Screenplay, International Film

KING RICHARD (4) – Picture, Actor, Supporting Actress, Song

CODA (3) – Picture, Supporting Actor, Adapted Screenplay

Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

Yes. More exciting choices are FOR ME Pawlikowki or Lanthimos. I don’t know if they were eligible.

don’t understand then what are you calling boring choice is some of the directors of the movies i said  weren’t nominated in anothers ceremonies. Only in DGA

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

My counts for the BP nominees:

WEST SIDE STORY (12): Picture, Supporting Actor (Faist), Supporting Actress (DeBose), Director, Adapted Screenplay, Cinematography, Film Editing, Production Design, Sound, Makeup & Hairstyling, Costume Design

BELFAST (10): Picture, Supporting Actor (Dornan), Supporting Actor (Hinds), Supporting Actress (Balfe), Director, Original Screenplay, Cinematography, Film Editing, Sound, Original Song

DUNE (9): Picture, Cinematography, Production Design, Film Editing, Sound, Makeup & Hairstyling, Costume Design, Sound, Visual Effects

THE POWER OF THE DOG (9): Picture, Actor (Cumberbatch), Supporting Actor (Smit-McPhee), Supporting Actress (Dunst), Director, Adapted Screenplay, Cinematography, Film Editing, Original Score

DON’T LOOK UP (6): Picture, Actor (DiCaprio), Director, Original Screenplay, Film Editing, Original Song

DRIVE MY CAR (4): Picture, Director, Adapted Screenplay, International Film

HOUSE OF GUCCI (4): Picture, Actress (Gaga), Costume Design, Makeup & Hairstyling

KING RICHARD (4): Picture, Actor (Smith), Supporting Actress (Ellis), Original Screenplay

CODA (3): Picture, Supporting Actor (Kotsur), Adapted Screenplay

LICORICE PIZZA (2): Picture, Original Screenplay

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 549 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.