Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 25)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 541 through 549 (of 549 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
OscarWatcher1..
federico ruba..
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

This won’t work in every case, but one theory I’ve heard before to explain Davis/Waititi showing up at DGA and Abrahamson at the Oscars is that Directors are often really impressed when their peers are able to get a strong leading performance from child actors.

I guess this year that would help Reinaldo Marcus Green? Not convinced it has to be a thing every time though, my sight unseen spoilers for the Oscar lineup are Hamaguchi/Coen like most people.

If this is so, the film that benefits the most is Belfast and then King Richard.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

My counts for the BP nominees: WEST SIDE STORY (12): Picture, Supporting Actor (Faist), Supporting Actress (DeBose), Director, Adapted Screenplay, Cinematography, Film Editing, Production Design, Sound, Makeup & Hairstyling, Costume Design BELFAST (10): Picture, Supporting Actor (Dornan), Supporting Actor (Hinds), Supporting Actress (Balfe), Director, Original Screenplay, Cinematography, Film Editing, Sound, Original Song DUNE (9): Picture, Cinematography, Production Design, Film Editing, Sound, Makeup & Hairstyling, Costume Design, Sound, Visual Effects THE POWER OF THE DOG (9): Picture, Actor (Cumberbatch), Supporting Actor (Smit-McPhee), Supporting Actress (Dunst), Director, Adapted Screenplay, Cinematography, Film Editing, Original Score DON’T LOOK UP (6): Picture, Actor (DiCaprio), Director, Original Screenplay, Film Editing, Original Song DRIVE MY CAR (4): Picture, Director, Adapted Screenplay, International Film HOUSE OF GUCCI (4): Picture, Actress (Gaga), Costume Design, Makeup & Hairstyling KING RICHARD (4): Picture, Actor (Smith), Supporting Actress (Ellis), Original Screenplay CODA (3): Picture, Supporting Actor (Kotsur), Adapted Screenplay THE LOST DAUGHTER (3): Picture, Actress (Colman), Adapted Screenplay LICORICE PIZZA (2): Picture, Original Screenplay

11 best picture nominees?

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

11 best picture nominees?

Miscounted! Forgot I took out The Lost Daughter a few days ago – I think those Hollywood screenings and SAG nomination are telling us that House of Gucci is making it in to the BP lineup whether we like it or not…

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

If this is so, the film that benefits the most is Belfast and then King Richard.

I haven’t seen Belfast yet so it slipped my mind but yeah for the record I also think Branagh is pretty likely at both DGA and Oscars. Not feeling him being the ‘snub’.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

I hope Branagh gets both, last thing we need is a sympathy push for Belfast for BP.

A major thing missing from the post-GG discussion, where the majority predicted Belfast for BP was the widespread belief that this would be a split year. It is not necessarily the case: TPOTD CAN win picture. Not saying it will, just saying that those that are writing it off STILL are silly.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Branagh has the critics nominations, but I just don’t think the director’s branch will go for Belfast.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Branagh Directing snub seems inevitable, but at same time, unlike the recent actor/writter turned directors snubs, he’s a long time director and a previous nominee. I’m currently predicting a Branagh snub, but I’m not confident about that.

I don’t think PTA will be snubbed. Phantom Thread unexpected surge is a sign that the Academy really likes him.

Villeneuve could miss a la Nolan for Inception, but he doesn’t have the same bias the Academy has against Nolan. They even nominated Villeneuve before they nominated Nolan lol.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 9 posts - 541 through 549 (of 549 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.