Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 26)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 26)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 522 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
OscarWatcher1..
federico ruba..
JV
  • Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

It’s usually OK if he’s producing. He produced Succession, after all.

Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

Did we just compare CODA to Parasite?? Lord, I’ve seen it all now.

eh i think she only compare the method of winning ( WGA + SAG) because we were litteraly talking about if is posibly to CODA to win

Profile picture
    Izabela Marciniak
    Topics:

eh i think she only compare the method of winning ( WGA + SAG) because we were litteraly talking about if is posibly to CODA to win

Exacly. “Parasite” was ignored as BP winner before SAG. “Once upon a time in Hollywood” and “Irishman” were frontrunners at this stage of awards season. 🙂

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

If CODA wins WGA it’s only because of the ineligibility of several contenders (“The Power of the Dog” and “The Lost Daughter” especially). It’s unlikely that it will beat them at the Oscars. Its writing isn’t anything special. The parts concerning the singing lessons and audition in particular are very cliché.

It has a remote possibility of a DGA nomination that as you say would be “out of nowhere” and it will not repeat at the Oscars. CODA is also not receiving nominations in technical categories (its cinematography, editing, score, production design are unremarkable in my opinion).

It’s a nice little heartwarming movie, but it’s just not the kind of movie that wins Best Picture. This last is the main reason actually.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I think it’s consensus that everyone here enjoys the clips for the nominees but I’m curious: do you guys prefer the individual clips or the montages like they did for the actors at the 2020 ceremony? The more I think about it the more I prefer the way they did it in 2020, it felt very grand and more of a celebration of all the nominees work, rather than separating and pitting them against one another.

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

I think it’s consensus that everyone here enjoys the clips for the nominees but I’m curious: do you guys prefer the individual clips or the montages like they did for the actors at the 2020 ceremony? The more I think about it the more I prefer the way they did it in 2020, it felt very grand and more of a celebration of all the nominees work, rather than separating and pitting them against one another.

They’re literally in categories together, they’re already pitted against each other. Having them separate just makes it easier to understand what a particular actor is doing, rather than having two lines drowned out by music or whatever.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

They’re literally in categories together, they’re already pitted against each other. Having them separate just makes it easier to understand what a particular actor is doing, rather than having two lines drowned out by music or whatever.

That’s fair. Both options are better than no clips for sure.

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

Sundance seems to have some really good movies from some reviews already.

Can’t wait to watch them somehow

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Serious question: is TPOTD getting less credit for its GG win than Belfast would have gotten?

If as many predicted, Belfast had won GG drama, many would have said, see. Belfast IS the front runner; indeed, I’m sure some would have said it’s the start of the sweep of the televised awards.

Given TPOTD won, it seems to have been not seen as a sign of strength by many, of a sign of weakness of Belfast.

Just my opinion, for those who may be triggered.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Individual clips are better. The montage was good but maybe a little messy. What I liked the most was in the 2010 Oscars (2009 films) for supporting actors they put in multiple clips for each individual actor (https://youtu.be/pidOjGClz_4)

Acting clip montages are awful darling. But it’s better than no-clip with boring scripted compliments to each performers (like last year ceremony).

For Your Consideration Darling

Lead Actress

Michelle 'Crazy Talented' Yeoh
    EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE

Tang Wei
    DECISION TO LEAVE

Nicole Kidman
    THE NORTHMAN

Supporting Actor & Actress

Ke Huy Quan
    Stephanie Hsu
    Jamie Lee Curtis
    EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Absolutely. Clips are better than no clips and single clips are better than montages.

Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

Serious question: is TPOTD getting less credit for its GG win than Belfast would have gotten? If as many predicted, Belfast had won GG drama, many would have said, see. Belfast IS the front runner; indeed, I’m sure some would have said it’s the start of the sweep of the televised awards. Given TPOTD won, it seems to have been not seen as a sign of strength by many, of a sign of weakness of Belfast. Just my opinion, for those who may be triggered.

maybe because belfast really needed the globe  because is ineligible in WGA and is not wining DGA. Only can win like hamlet 75 years ago witch seems nearly imposible

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

It which case Belfast’s loss should be made more of, not less of. The opposite has happened

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Drive My Car… It should be winning Best Picture, Director, Actor, Supporting Actor and Screenplay by a landslide. Absolutely poetry.

That ending is going down as one of the most impactful endings of all time. To have that monologue in sign language was a brilliant choice and it wouldn’t hit as hard as it did if it was on Japanese.
    I don’t know if I like the epilogue at the end, but I understand why it was added there. However, it the movie ended with the ovation, with that particular shor it would be a Whiplash level of perfect ending.

I really hope this gets ATL attention because it’s better than all the likely nominees. The movie is about how the creative proccess of art is impacted by the auteur’s feelings and in this verge I could see it appealing with the Academy, but it’s Janus Films, it’s foreign and it is 3 hours long. That’s a lot of hurdles.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 26)’ is closed to new replies.