Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 26)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 26)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 522 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
OscarWatcher1..
federico ruba..
JV
  • Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

Locks Jane Campion – The Power of the Dog Steven Spielberg – West Side Story Denis Villeneuve – Dune I don’t see Branagh as a lock.

well maybe you aren’t reading this topic but the other day we discous that always the DGA and SGA match with 2 nominees. And belfast is the only film nominated both SAG ensamble and golden globe director, the two important precursors to DGA. So is 100% a lock. Or maybe you tought about oscar best director nom where belfast is not locked. But in DGA nom he is locked. Two diferents awards with diferents ways to be locked

Profile picture
    BoBo
    Topics:

Is anyone else starting to think that The Power of the Dog might actually win?

I’m being completely serious. I’m starting to believe it’s more likely to lead the nominations than Dune or West Side Story.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Now that we have to endure another round of “Belfast has to win because it’s a crowdpleaser” remember that TPOTD was second runner up at TIFF & the #1 film globally on Netflix. Not too shabby,

If The Power of the Dog had won the TIFF audience prize, and Belfast came in as second runner-up, I think the pundits may have put this one to rest by now for Campion’s film. Tbh, so many of them were burnt by 2018 — first by backing A Star Is Born, then Roma, for BP while rejecting/downplaying TIFF (and eventual BP) winner Green Book — that they are def still “once bitten twice shy” about easily waving away the TIFF top choice now, This is still the case even though 2019’s second runner-up Parasite won BP, surging past winner Jojo Rabbit and first runner-up Marriage Story, as I think the sting of GB’s win, which so many of them whiffed, is still smarting for them.

Remember, a predecessor of Clayton’s at Variety had his pundit career derailed, and his stint at Variety ended, by confidently predicting an ASIB sweep coming out of 2018 TIFF, which he then had to walk back as it stumbled down the stretch, but the damage had been done. I believe that had a chilling effect on many pundits who’d like to get choice gigs like that.

This season the only outlet I saw similarly planting a flag in the ground with such certainty was Rolling Stone, where David Fear came out of TIFF laying it down: Belfast is winning BP.

FYC
    Best Picture: "Showing Up" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Kelly Reichardt; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Michelle Williams; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Hong Chau, Heather Lawless, Amanda Plummer; Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Judd Hirsch, Andre Benjamin, John Magaro; Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Kelly Reichardt, Jonathan Raymond
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

null

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

null

Here’s the conversation between them. First Bong and now Huppert. Drive My Car coming for the cinephile vote

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Isabelle out there promoting the best films of the season!

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

127 wins for TPOTD

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Judging from reactions on twitter, it seems the general British crowd is LOVING Belfast, a bit more than I expected them to.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

…Really? The 2023 early predictions thread was closed again? Could we at least get an explanation???

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Ever since they expanded the line up in 2007, the Best Director winner at the Oscars has always been nominated at the ASC, with the exception being The Departed and Parasite.

Profile picture
    m_butterfly
    Topics:

Campion is gonna walk out with that Oscar like she deserves.

Profile picture
    snowball
    Topics:

Ever since they expanded the line up in 2007, the Best Director winner at the Oscars has always been nominated at the ASC, with the exception being The Departed and Parasite.

Only freemangriffin was delusional enough to think Spielberg had a chance in this race.

Profile picture
    starklinson
    Topics:

…Really? The 2023 early predictions thread was closed again? Could we at least get an explanation???

last year, there was a Sundance thread. maybe a Sundance or general festival thread could be a decent substitute in the meantime if people want to discuss the films premiering.

Sundance 2021

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Has a film ever won Best Cinematography while being snubbed at ASC? WSS’s winning haul is slowly decreasing. It might be dead for a win at this point especially with that SAG ensemble moss.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 26)’ is closed to new replies.