Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 26)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 26)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 522 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
OscarWatcher1..
federico ruba..
JV
  • Profile picture
    Zuranthium
    Topics:

Has a film ever won Best Cinematography while being snubbed at ASC?

Yes, West Side Story will be the 3rd time.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

We must prepare ourselves for the potential meltdowns if Superman gets a PGA nomination this Thursday.

I saw AW predicting it and I don’t know how seriously I’m supposed to take it.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

We must prepare ourselves for the potential meltdowns if Superman gets a PGA nomination this Thursday. I saw AW predicting it and I don’t know how seriously I’m supposed to take it.

You mean spider darling?

For Your Consideration Darling

Lead Actress

Michelle 'Crazy Talented' Yeoh
    EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE

Tang Wei
    DECISION TO LEAVE

Nicole Kidman
    THE NORTHMAN

Supporting Actor & Actress

Ke Huy Quan
    Stephanie Hsu
    Jamie Lee Curtis
    EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE

Profile picture
    BoBo
    Topics:

That’s the way it should be darling.

Oh, I absolutely agree.

Also, The Academy (like most institutions these days) has an incentive to promote “global citizenship”.

You even hear them indoctrinating children with that kind of terminology in Disney DVD extras these days…

I’m all for it. I hope that Parasite permanently blew the doors off, so to speak, and wasn’t just a “Look, see, we did it once so we never have to do it again”

If it’s not Drive My Car in the tenth spot, than I hope it’s Flee.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Parasite was obviously a huge step, but it’s not as though foreign movies have never broken through before: Amelie, off the top of my head, was one. It just needs to be maintained.

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, this race seems quite boring with those mediocre titles in contention. Hopefully, House of Mario Bros gets nominated (which is actually happening) for everything and turns this boredom into something exciting.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I’m truly considering Coen showing up at DGA because of how well it’s been doing with guilds and because it got released on Apple TV + literally in the middle of the voting period.

I don’t know who to take out, though. Branagh is a quintessential DGA pick that ultimately misses the Oscar (Sorkin, Greengrass, Farrelly, Clint Eastwood, Ridley Scott, etc) and Spielberg has 11 DGA nominations. Paul Thomas Anderson, maybe ? I think Licorice Pizza already has a very low nomination ceiling, but Anderson could miss this and then gets in at the Oscars.

Profile picture
    silvestre
    Topics:

House of Gucci will overperform this Thursday. Of course, totally not happening in DGA, but it’s a lock in PGA and a shoo-in for the fifth spot in WGA adapted with all half of the contenders being ineligible.

Profile picture
    silvestre
    Topics:

I’m truly considering Coen showing up at DGA because of how well it’s been doing with guilds and because it got released on Apple TV + literally in the middle of the voting period. I don’t know who to take out, though. Branagh is a quintessential DGA pick that ultimately misses the Oscar (Sorkin, Greengrass, Farrelly, Clint Eastwood, Ridley Scott, etc) and Spielberg has 11 DGA nominations. Paul Thomas Anderson, maybe ? I think Licorice Pizza already has a very low nomination ceiling, but Anderson could miss this and then gets in at the Oscars.

Anderson will miss, McKay get in. The boomer vote will make Don’t Look Up overperform and we should just try to come to terms with it. Sigh.

Profile picture
    Judestar
    Topics:

I put Tragedy of Macbeth back in picture, really shouldn’t be difficult for it to get in if people are actually watching it and recognising how good it is. It’s above tick tick boom and probably Ricardos and Gucci too.

Profile picture
    kingfan011
    Topics:

There is no way Anderson has any chance at getting in at DGA. He’s only been nominated once. And I really don’t think he gets in at the Oscars. Pizza will barely get nominated for anything

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

There is no way Anderson has any chance at getting in at DGA. He’s only been nominated once. And I really don’t think he gets in at the Oscars. Pizza will barely get nominated for anything

He was only expected to get nominated at DGA once, for There Will be Blood.

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

Nightmare Alley is launching streaming platforms this week. Not sure if it will do any help to its award contention, but they’re definitely trying to get more people to watch the film

Profile picture
    Zuranthium
    Topics:

Branagh is a quintessential DGA pick that ultimately misses the Oscar (Sorkin, Greengrass, Farrelly, Clint Eastwood, Ridley Scott, etc)

He isn’t. The movie is emotional, personal, has great visuals, and he gets an excellent performance out of a child protagonist. People miss with the Oscars when their directing has more basic visuals or is considered impersonal. Or just special circumstances like Peter Jackson, where he was nominated the year prior and everyone knew he would probably win for Return of the King.

Villeneuve and McKay would be the more typical snubs, with their work on these films possibly being seen as too commercial.

Profile picture
    Film_guy
    Topics:

Stop with All This Belfast Hate. 

For Your Consideration

The Lost Daughter - Olivia Colman, Jessie Buckley

Cruella- Costumes and Makeup

Licorice Pizza - Screenplay

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 26)’ is closed to new replies.