Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 26)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 26)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 522 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
OscarWatcher1..
federico ruba..
JV
  • Profile picture
    silvestre
    Topics:

HoG is dead. It had no right to miss PGA.

You’re right! But I believe that international support will end up carrying it, the movie made almost 100M overseas. The SAG ensemble nomination + that abhorrent Adam Driver mention in BAFTA longlist showed that the passion is around and not only for Gaga.

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

PGA rarely goes 10/10 so something will miss here. Tick Tick Boom or Being the Ricardos is my guess. Which one did better on the BAFTA longlists?

BTR did better and had some help by getting Bardem and Simmons. It got makeup there when it missed the Academy shortlist for it though. TTB has sound and editing which a stronger precursors.

Profile picture
    silvestre
    Topics:

I think people tend to forget that PGA = producers, whereas Best Picture nominees are selected by all branches. So I think MacBeth if it continues to show strong support across the field, it’ll get in, even if it lacks support among producers. After all they’re only one branch of the Academy.

Guilds will be carrying Macbeth just like they’ll be doing with Dune, I don’t know why people keep underestimating it in Picture. Not predicting it, but I can totally see Denzel missing Actor and the film getting Picture anyway.

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

Both Sound and Editing are very competitive and Tick Tick…Boom missed CAS. Trying to figure out what it can get besides Actor to warrant a BP nom.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Both Sound and Editing are very competitive and Tick Tick…Boom missed CAS. Trying to figure out what it can get besides Actor to warrant a BP nom.

Wouldn’t be the first movie to do that (only Actor + Picture) and it makes sense considering the campaign is weightening in Garfield.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Why not just Picture and Actor?

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Being the Ricardos is just a PGA thing because they love Aaron Sorkin so much. Doubt it’s getting Best Picture.

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

Wouldn’t be the first movie to do that (only Actor + Picture) and it makes sense considering the campaign is weightening in Garfield.

It’s possible but Being the Ricardos just makes more sense on paper. It also won Screenplay at AACTA which can be attributed to bias but still. It shows some support from the industry.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

If Being the Ricardos doesn’t get nominated, the Actress lineup will have no BP nominee unless Zegler surprises, which I doubt.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Tick, Tick Boom would be the worst Best Picture nominee of all time.

Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

I think Tick Tick… Boom! will get the nom, its the kind of movie that the Academy embraces, and I think the love of the acting branch will probably be the strongest point for the movie itself

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Last year’s was the worst ever,

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    m_butterfly
    Topics:

I forgot The Father wasn’t nominated for PGA last year.

Profile picture
    m_butterfly
    Topics:

Tick, Tick Boom would be the worst Best Picture nominee of all time.

Being the Ricardos and Don’t Look Up are right there.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Being the Ricardos is just a PGA thing because they love Aaron Sorkin so much. Doubt it’s getting Best Picture.

I think ACE will give us a clue. If BTR makes the Drama category there, it’s clearly overperforming. But if it misses, it could be a PGA thing.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 26)’ is closed to new replies.