Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 27)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 27)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 519 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
OscarWatcher1..
Manav
The Northman
  • Profile picture
    m_butterfly
    Topics:

Macbeth is not the kind of movie PGA goes for so I still think it has a good shot at a nomination. Don’t know about Coen yet, I still have Hamaguchi in 5th.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With Dame Kate Winslet publically moderating a roundtable for it, Dame Carey Mulligan hosting a party and Danny Boyle doing interviews, seems the British bloc is really behind Belfast.

Carey Mulligan went to a screening of Belfast in LA to support Dornan – who she’s friends with (he did a Q&A with her last Oscar season for Promising Young Woman) and Kate Winslet has moderated no such roundtable for the film.

There is definitely support for Belfast amongst the British bloc of voters in the academy but this post has quite a few inaccuracies.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

Who’s Feinberg?

the award columnist of THR that had good info in his prediction but also he makes mistakes. For me is very strange that macbeath could be nominated if feinberg has info that he is so low in the race because i not remember he having  that level of mistake before

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Pay attention to the times each Guild voted

PGA and WGA voted in January, when TTOM was on Apple+. It shouldn’t have missed in both.

Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

My #9 spot is “Being the Ricardos”. The industry seems to like it: it did well with the BAFTA shortlists (9 mentions) and with both AACTA and SAG.

altought happend the same with carol ( plus it have a golden globe drama nom and critic choice best film nom) and was not nominated

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

altought happend the same with carol ( plus it have a golden globe drama nom and critic choice best film nom) and was not nominated

But that year there were 8 BP nominees. I wasn’t following races back then, but it could have been number 9 or 10.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

The fact that King Richard, Belfast, Don’t Look Up, and Being the Ricardos could take up 4/5 of the Original Screenplay slots might make this lineup the worst lineup in this century.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

But that year there were 8 BP nominees. I wasn’t following races back then, but it could have been number 9 or 10.

yeah probably. Carol, ex machina, sicario and inside out seems to be the contenders to 9 and 10 spot if nominees would been 10 instead of 8 that year

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Awesome interview of Benedict by Tom Holland. Don’t assume all the UK love is going to Belfast.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Sasha Stone updated prediction from awardsdaily

1. Belfast
    2. The Power of the Dog
    3. West Side Story
    4. King Richard
    5. Dune
    6. Licorice Pizza
    7. CODA
    8. Don’t Look Up
    9. Being the Ricardos
    10. Nightmare Alley

I think pundits overestimate Nightmare Alley, it is just a cinematography and production design filler and because it landed in Adapted Screenplay in WGA with bunch of ineligible works there (like the top3 of adapted weren’t eligible) they think it is strong.

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Sasha said post GG that she was moving TPOTD to #1 then didn’t.

NA is vulnerable for sure. Macbeth is still in the hunt.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Sasha said post GG that she was moving TPOTD to #1 then didn’t. NA is vulnerable for sure. Macbeth is still in the hunt.

It is due to SAG ensemble nom and if Belfast was eligible in writers it would score all big 4 Guilds(SAG/PGA/DGA/WGA).

Belfast needs to show its strength on BAFTAs noms days or else it will fall into the 3rd/4th slot in Best Picture. We may be looking at a TPOTD VS Dune race here.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

If Tick Tick Boom missed BP, it is over for Garfield  chances in winning Best Actor ? I always though he is 3rd in this race, if he was a top2 contender, I would say Tick Tick Boom would be swept up in BP due to that, because I don’t see other noms apart Actor for that movie.

Profile picture
    m_butterfly
    Topics:

If Tick Tick Boom missed BP, it is over for Garfield chances in winning Best Actor ? I always though he is 3rd in this race, if he was a top2 contender, I would say Tick Tick Boom would be swept up in BP due to that, because I don’t see other noms apart Actor for that movie.

Speaks to the passion people have for his performance that the movie has gotten as far as it has though.

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

BAFTA noms won’t tell us much, Belfast & TPOTD will both do well, although the jury system will both throw up surprises & be unreliable for Oscar like last year.

It’s the wins that will matter more.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 27)’ is closed to new replies.