Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 27)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 27)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 519 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
OscarWatcher1..
Manav
The Northman
  • Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Am I crazy to think that in spite of missing PGA and WGA, “The Tragedy of Macbeth” has as many chances as ”Tick Tick Boom” for that 10th spot in Best Picture? It performed better in the BAFTA shortlists, especially above the line, getting Film, Director, Screenplay and 3 actors nominations. Maybe it suggests that there’s more appreciation from the British block? It’s Shakespeare after all.

Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

I will not put Being the Ricardos in the 10th spot or Nicole Kidman at #1 until she wins the SAG. I can’t make myself do it.

Profile picture
    Film_guy
    Topics:

With Dame Kate Winslet publically moderating a roundtable for it, Dame Carey Mulligan hosting a party and Danny Boyle doing interviews, seems the British bloc is really behind Belfast.

For Your Consideration

The Lost Daughter - Olivia Colman, Jessie Buckley

Cruella- Costumes and Makeup

Licorice Pizza - Screenplay

Profile picture
    Qoslca
    Topics:

I agree with the CODA comments above me. My biggest issue as well was that Derbez’s acting/character really, really took me out of the film. It’s as if he was in a different movie altogether. I did enjoy the film — mainly for its groundbreaking representation and Kotsur’s fantastic performance — but it felt very small and very indie. I’m surprised at the awards attention it’s getting. My biggest hope is that the film’s success will open the door to better, higher-caliber productions that tackle similar subjects…

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.” 🎥

Profile picture
    Anthony 🐜
    Topics:

I will not put Being the Ricardos in the 10th spot or Nicole Kidman at #1 until she wins the SAG. I can’t make myself do it.

I really don’t think she’s winning SAG. Like, AT ALL.

I think we’re headed for another year where the Golden Globes, SAG and BAFTA split.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

I agree with the CODA comments above me. My biggest issue as well was that Derbez’s acting/character really, really took me out of the film. It’s as if he was in a different movie altogether. I did enjoy the film — mainly for its groundbreaking representation and Kotsur’s fantastic performance — but it felt very small and very indie. I’m surprised at the awards attention it’s getting. My biggest hope is that the film’s success will open the door to better, higher-caliber productions that tackle similar subjects…

I heard the criticisms that it’s like a better acted Disney Channel original more than once, and tbh … yeah, that’s about right. I still enjoyed it, but the story is really formulaic and basic.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Not when she is a major donor of the foundation, is one of the most well-known actors in the world, the character she played was another gigantic name and the film she belongs to this season is the definitive actors bait?

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Not when she is a major donor of the foundation, is one of the most well-known actors in the world, the character she played was another gigantic name and the film she belongs to this season is the definitive actors bait?

+ A stellar campaign, love for Lucille Ball, a strong campaign of overcoming casting criticisms, GG win (which a lot of people will know),PGA nomination

Profile picture
    belfastan
    Topics:

With Dame Kate Winslet publically moderating a roundtable for it, Dame Carey Mulligan hosting a party and Danny Boyle doing interviews, seems the British bloc is really behind Belfast.

Christopher Nolan, Tom Hiddleston, Eddie Redmayne, and Robert Pattinson have also hosted screenings and interviews. Richard Curtis interviewed Branagh and also wrote a letter that came with the promo box that that accompanied the screeners. The general UK audience loves it (search Belfast Movie on Twitter) and it’s the #1 movie in the UK this week. Brit support may not be enough to carry it to a BP win, but it’ll help keep Belfast in the hunt until the end despite the haters who want it to fade.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

+ A stellar campaign, love for Lucille Ball, a strong campaign of overcoming casting criticisms, GG win (which a lot of people will know),PGA nomination

And let’s not forget that 100% of all people going to AMC theaters see her face.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

I think we’re headed for another year where the Golden Globes, SAG and BAFTA split.

If the split happens, will Oscar go again with BAFTA?

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

In regards to Nightmare Alley I see some people predicting 10th spot, but having missed it top15 at the BAFTAs Best Film(such a big body with Oscars overlap), how can someone expect it to land top10 at the Oscars, while also missing PGA in USA?

The maths are not adding up.

Because BAFTA longlist voting was over a month ago and Oscars just started? Since the longlists Nightmare Alley got more promotion and figured in multiple craft guilds that could be gathering more steam in the right time. The Brits not appreciating it in time doesn’t mean the rest of the academy won’t.

Same argument could be applied to Tragedy of Macbeth that also started pretty muted in the season.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Because BAFTA longlist voting was over a month ago and Oscars just started? Since the longlists Nightmare Alley got more promotion and figured in multiple craft guilds that could be gathering more steam in the right time. The Brits not appreciating it in time doesn’t mean the rest of the academy won’t. Same argument could be applied to Tragedy of Macbeth that also started pretty muted in the season.

Nightmare Alley managed to get some mentions in the Longlist at the BAFTAs, yet couldn’t crack top15 in Film where all members can vote, even now with PGA, voting started Jan. 12th, it still missed. Same with MacBeth that premiered on Apple+ during PGA voting time. For me, Nightmare Alley is not happening because it wasn’t popular with big bodies, both in December and in January. For Tragedy of MacBeth, we have to wait and see. Also, i am not sure if drive my car is even widely seen.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Nightmare Alley screams News of the World

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I have this weird feeling The Tragedy of Macbeth will overperform at the Oscars.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 27)’ is closed to new replies.