Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 29)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 29)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 496 through 507 (of 507 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
Manav
OscarWatcher1..
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

The way people are overlooking major snubs for CODA & WSS & proclaiming them in second place really is something.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

WSS obviously isn’t winning bp but I’m glad to see people stanning a masterpiece. However, I’ll take solace in knowing that the strongest part of WSS and best performance of the year is sweeping.

Quinta Brunson 1st and 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Bill Hader 4th, 5th and 6th emmy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Zendaya 2nd and 3rd emmy campaign manager

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

The fighting for second place probably says something about Belfast’s chances right now, especially if it loses SAG ensemble.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://libraries.usc.edu/scripter/scripter-2022

Link to watch the USC Scripter

Nominees are Dune, The Lost Daughter, The Power of the Dog, Passing and The Tragedy of Macbeth

Profile picture
    nkb325
    Topics:

I don’t fully understand the CONFIDENCE with which people are saying West Side Story has no chance when the fact that it’s trending on twitter before it’s even actually available on streamers but just up on torrent sits proves that A LOT of people are watching it who hadn’t before, which could just as easily apply to academy members.

Yes, it missed a few key nominations, but we already know they were late to send out screeners and so it’s perfectly possible that people in the editing branch or writers branch just hadn’t bothered to watch it because they heard it was a flop and now if it becomes a streaming hit will be tempted to watch it. This is a VERY different oscar season than usual (much more time between nominations and final voting – plus pandemic) so clinging on to old statistics is imo a little bit of a risk. I just feel like with 2 full months between nominations and the final ceremony it is perfectly possible for a shift in buzz to make a difference. Stats are broken more and more in recent years, so let’s just keep an open mind.

For the record, I also think Don’t Look Up has a serious shot and it missed some key nominations. It’s just that after Green Book and Argo and Birdman and Shape of Water all breaking supposed “rules” I’ve accepted that sometimes rules are going to be broken. TPOTD is absolutely the frontrunner and will probably win, but any of WSS, Belfast, or Don’t Look Up probably has a shot.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

West Side Story literally missed Adapted Screenplay and BAFTA Best Film. It is DONE. I don’t know why people cling on to the “screener issues” excuse so much when 1917, a movie that had a wide release in January (WSS’s wide release was in December btw), got in Original Screenplay.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

WSS is only going to win Best Supporting Actress… it’s finished.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

WSS is only going to win Best Supporting Actress… it’s finished.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    boolbameroon
    Topics:

WSS is obviously not winning BP, but a rise in momentum could make it competitive for cinematography and production design.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    KidmanFTW
    Topics:

The Power of the Dog is just too powerful. Resistance is futile. It’s over. None of these weak azz movies compare. Give it up.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 12 posts - 496 through 507 (of 507 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 29)’ is closed to new replies.