Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 30)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 30)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 538 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
OscarWatcher1..
Setia_Yasmine..
Babylonian

• Babylonian
    Topics:

Or they can save his win for Dune part 2 or Batman and give cinematography to a female for the first time !

Are we going to use this argument for every category Dune is nominated in?

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Just cinematography & score LOL

Anna Delvey
    Topics:

Wouldn’t The Batman and Dune Part II give voters more of an incentive to wait to reward Fraser rather than award him this year? IDK, I don’t buy this whole argument. I just hope Ms. Wegner wins her deserved Oscar.

Babylonian
    Topics:

Wouldn’t The Batman and Dune Part II give voters more of an incentive to wait to reward Fraser rather than award him this year? IDK, I don’t buy this whole argument. I just hope Ms. Wegner wins her deserved Oscar.

If they think his work his the best this year why not reward him this year? There is no guarantee The Batman will materialize as an Oscar contender and Dune: Part II hasn’t even begun filming.

FYC:

OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

No film since best editing was introduced in 1935 has won BP missing BOTH editing and Director noms, has it? Doubt CODA will be the 1st.

Good things about the “CODA for BP” push:

1. It takes focus off the other challengers to TPOTD

2. It makes Netflix re-double/ ramp up the campaign

3. It limits backlash from the “certain winner” status

4. It eliminates “streaming” as a factor in voting.

Babylonian
    Topics:

All CODA’s surge does is make Kotsur stronger in Supp. Actor. Belfast is still #2.

FYC:

OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Agreed 100%. The takeaway from SAG is Kotsur for BSA not CODA for BP.

OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Netflix LA exhibit

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

parasite and moonlight situation don’t equal to coda because unlike coda n Moonlight and parasite swept critics and had editing and director same as spotlight , coda winning wga because TPOD is ineligible same as drive my car and Lost Daughter

Mankishta
    Topics:

Okay so three questions:

How many of y’all are predicting Benedict to win BAFTA?

If you are predicting Benedict to win BAFTA, how do you know this won’t be a Rami Malek/Christian Bale situation where Malek won over Bale?

If Benedict wins BAFTA, what then?

And lastly, will I be disappointed if I predict Benedict for BAFTA? Other than Hopkins, most SAG/BAFTA splits had the Globe. Benedict doesn’t have that.

Anna Delvey
    Topics:

At this point I don’t think Benedict will win BAFTA, but Malek is a bad comparison because he was playing Freddie fucking Mercury.

Mankishta
    Topics:

At this point I don’t think Benedict will win BAFTA, but Malek is a bad comparison because he was playing Freddie fucking Mercury.

It might be worth noting though that KR doesn’t have Film at BAFTA. Malek is the only one in the last 12 years to have won without Film.

I agree though that I’m really hesitant to predict Benedict which is a real shame because I think he deserves one major award for this role imo.

Anna Delvey
    Topics:

It might be worth noting though that KR doesn’t have Film at BAFTA. Malek is the only one in the last 12 years to have won without Film. I agree though that I’m really hesitant to predict Benedict which is a real shame because I think he deserves one major award for this role imo.

It’s very hard to predict this year because we don’t know how the movie would have done without the jury system. My guess is that Will and screenplay would have been the only noms (I think Ellis would have been left out). The movie missed a ton of longlists, including editing, which is telling IMO. And this is Will’s first nom here — I doubt he has an “overdue narrative” at BAFTA. Meanwhile, Benedict is, what, a nine-time BAFTA nominee who has never won for film? His movie is the BF frontrunner and he gives a career best performance in it. It’s hard to deny that, especially since voting started on Feb. 9, long before Smith’s momentum really took off.  Dunno. This year is weird.

Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

i mean shape of water won BP with no acting wins but unlike shape of water there was passion for the actors in TPOD acting 4 noms unlike the others nominees but we shall see what bafta do and in case of Kodi , people forget that hinds was nominated at bafta with kotsur they have the same voting pool i think kodi could benefit from that especially that his performance is subtle

OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

Great day for TPOTD with 3 more BP wins. And yes the support from the acting branch with 4 noms is significant.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 30)’ is closed to new replies.