Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 31)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 31)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 556 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
OscarWatcher1..
Babylonian
Setia_Yasmine..
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

CODA is a weaker Jojo Rabbit.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

Writing & Acting Bafta Winner Coda

=

Writing & Acting & Picture Oscar Winner Coda?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

The Power of the Dog is only winning 1 Oscar.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

TPOTD will win 2 Oscars.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

The Power of the Dog is still taking Picture. Don’t get it twisted. I agree that its performance at BAFTA is troubling, but the fact that it still managed to win Picture while losing almost all of its categories shows its strength. Its losses were foreshadowed by its underperformance at BAFTA nominations. Let’s not forget it missed editing, supporting actress, and sound here.

On the contrary, at the Oscars it was nominated for editing, supporting actress, sound, and a surprising production design nomination. TPOTD winning picture with only director is odd, but so was Spotlight winning with only Original Screenplay. Also, I still think it can win cinematography if Wegner takes ASC. We’ll see.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Natalegend
    Topics:

CODA winning Adapted Screenplay at the BAFTA’s, in addition to wing Supporting Actor, was definitely a surprise. And it does suggest a lot of support for the film. Especially after the film’s SAG Ensemble win. However, at this point, I’m not predicting it for Best Picture. CODA would need to win PGA for me to predict it. I will admit however, that it would be weird for The Power of the Dog to win Best Picture with only Best Director. Usually, Best Picture winners have 3 wins (I think Spotlight is the only recent one to have 2). But Spotlight also didn’t have all the nominations TPOD has.

Profile picture
    Michael Windfeldt
    Topics:

When is the last time a film has only won picture and director at the Oscars? Seems weird to me. I think TPOTD will win three but which one: cinematography or screenplay?

FYC:
    Best Picture: Licorice Pizza, West Side Story, Dune.

Best Director: PTA, Denis Villeneuve

Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza.

Best Actress: Alana Haim

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

The Netflix bias is still in people heads

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Can’t believe I’m gonna say that but gotta see who wins Adapted Screenplay and Picture at CC because they will be doing whatever they think will happen. IF The Power of the Dog wins PGA (which is the most important one) then I’m going to predict Adapted Screenplay as a coattail.

Belfast is obviously out of the race. CODA probably should be taken seriously.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

When is the last time a film has only won picture and director at the Oscars? Seems weird to me. I think TPOTD will win three but which one: cinematography or screenplay?

Maybe neither.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Belfast and King Richard are out of the Best Picture race, Licorice is likely taking Original Screenplay over them.

CODA has a chance if Dog loses PGA. The Power of the Dog is still the frontrunner tho.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Screenplay

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

The Power of the Dog is still taking Picture. Don’t get it twisted. I agree that its performance at BAFTA is troubling, but the fact that it still managed to win Picture while losing almost all of its categories shows its strength. Its losses were foreshadowed by its underperformance at BAFTA nominations. Let’s not forget it missed editing, supporting actress, and sound here. On the contrary, at the Oscars it was nominated for editing, supporting actress, sound, and a surprising production design nomination. TPOTD winning picture with only director is odd, but so was Spotlight winning with only Original Screenplay. Also, I still think it can win cinematography if Wegner takes ASC. We’ll see.

“TPOTD losing a ton of awards it was predicted for actually demonstrates how strong it is” is a really bizarre take.

Emmy Actings FYCs:
    Comedy: Bill Hader & Quinta Brunson
    Drama: Jeremy Strong & Britt Lower
    Limited: Couldn't care less

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 556 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 31)’ is closed to new replies.